Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I fail at keeping my salvation rest in Christ sacred and undefiled, of which the literal Mosaic command was only a shadow and type, I have his forgiveness to restore me.

If you're talking about the literal Mosaic observance, we will have no choice but to argue endlessly about what defiles the day and what does not. Thank God we have been rescued from that in this New Covenant.

When I fail at keeping my salvation rest in Christ sacred and undefiled, of which the literal Mosaic command was only a shadow and type, I have his forgiveness to restore me.

If you're talking about the literal Mosaic observance, we will have no choice but to argue endlessly about what defiles the day and what does not. Thank God we have been rescued from that in this New Covenant.
I was not talking about: If you're talking about the literal Mosaic observance.
but I was talking about: Keeping the Sabbath from polluting it, on that day. Isaiah 56:2

Last edited:
I was not talking about: If you're talking about the literal Mosaic observance.
but I was talking about: Keeping the Sabbath from polluting it, on that day. Isaiah 56:2
Ah, the one who doesn't point with the pointy finger, and doesn't speak idle words. That is the one who keeps God's Sabbath holy.
As I say, when I fail that Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest from sin I have in Christ, he forgives me and I move on.

Ah, the one who doesn't point with the pointy finger, and doesn't speak idle words. That is the one who keeps God's Sabbath holy.
As I say, when I fail that Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest from sin I have in Christ, he forgives me and I move on.
As you have said: As I say, when I fail that Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest from sin I have in Christ, he forgives me and I move on. This can go on, and on.

You must not be talking about the same thing. I'am sorry for if I have offended you in any way.

Last edited:
For with stammering lips and another tongue he will speak to this people, to whom he said, 'This is the rest with which you may cause the weary to rest,' and, 'this is the refreshing'; yet they would not hear." (Isaiah 28:11, 12)

[Isa 30:15 KJV] For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.
[Mat 11:28-29 KJV] Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
[Isa 28:13 KJV] But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
[Psa 81:12-13 KJV] So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: [and] they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, [and] Israel had walked in my ways!
[Zec 7:11 KJV] But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.
[Heb 12:25 KJV]See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven:

Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. (Heb 4:1)

The scripture you chose refers to Sabbath days, plural, not just the Sabbath.

JLB
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:23

As you have said: As I say, when I fail that Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest from sin I have in Christ, he forgives me and I move on. This can go on, and on.

You must not be talking about the same thing. I'am sorry for if I have offended you in any way.
No, I'm not offended.
The simple answer to your OP (if I remember the passage correctly) is the person who does not speak idle words is the person who is keeping God's Sabbath Rest. Basically, even in the OT, God is revealing how the true Sabbath Rest really has little, if not nothing, to do with the literal stipulations laid down by Moses. Just as the passage shows that true fasting has little to nothing to do with not eating food.

Last edited:
IOW, it is the person who is keeping 'love your neighbor as yourself' that is keeping God's Sabbath Rest sacred and undefiled. And that is what Paul said:

"9 For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. " (Romans 13:9-10 NASB capitals in original, bold mine)

When we 'love your neighbor as yourself' we are fulfilling ALL of the commandments of God, including the Sabbath commandment, to his complete and total satisfaction. 'Love your neighbor as yourself' is how we uphold and not desecrate God's Holy Sabbath Rest. Amen, amen, and amen.

No, I'm not offended.
The simple answer to your OP is (if I remember the passage correctly) the person who does not speak idle words is the person who is keeping God's Sabbath Rest. Basically, even in the OT, God is revealing how the true Sabbath Rest really has little, if not nothing, to do with the literal stipulations laid down by Moses. Just as the passage shows that true fasting has little to nothing to do with not eating food.
God did speak to his servant Moses at that time, in rightly dividing the words of truth unto God. II Timothy 2:15, In these days/end times, God speaks unto us by his scriptures. for an example, the OT can be used for our future reference.

But all scriptures are given for edifying each issue, as well as you know. 2 Timothy 3:16

Blessed are those who honor my Sabbath days of rest and keep themselves from ... that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it. Isaiah 56:2
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/56-2.htm
My point is showing that each issue is rightly dividing the words of truth unto God.

As I had started in the OP.

That still doesn't change what I posted.

Days of Sabbath is referring to plural days of Sabbaths.

Not just keeping the Sabbath.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back