Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do Christians hate Muslims? I just want to know more about Jesus.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
i am sorry. I try to come here to learn about your religion and Jesus too many of you are judging me because your American television shows say Islam hates you. That is not what Muhammad teached. I tell you this over and over. Some of you were kind but I think a lot of you are hateful people. You should learn from Jesus and be kind to everyone and not blaspheme. I do not know everything about Jesus but I know that he was a kind man that Allah choose him to give peace to all men. You make me sad. I hope you all find peace and will learn to love your fellow man. If you come to my house I will share my food with you. I will give you my tea. If I come to your house you tell me my religion is wrong and you hate it. I would never say that thing to you. Peace be upon you all. Thank you Hammer for being kind and trying to help answer my questions about Jesus. I will just try and study the Qu'ran about Jesus.

I apologize if anything I said offended you. You seem like a nice guy.

Actually, if Islam IS being mis-represented by the media and the crazies who are killing in the name of Allah - your presence here is badly needed.

I would like to believe that Islam is peaceful and tolerant - but I personally know not ONE Muslim and only see killing and violence in the name of Islam.

If the truth is not being told, it is up to individual Muslims to tell it.

I wonder what other religion or race you could express the same extreme and irrational prejudice about and not be instantly banned from this forum.

In the US alone, there are hundreds of thousands of Muslims who have never committed a crime (you brought over a lot of them by turning them into refugees). There are 15,000 Muslims in good standing in the military. There are probably a billion Muslims in the world who have never touched a military weapon.

Most Muslim violence against America is just asymmetric war, and we're no less guilty of violence than they are. When we bomb them, they can't fly bombers and bomb us back. So, they find other means.

You are failing your Christian duty to win souls for Christ by your unnecessarily offensive speech toward Muslims.

Oh, I agree.

But aren't Allan and God the same? I mean, like we call God "Jehovah" and "Father" and "God" and we have so many names for Him.

Allah or Allan or whatever spelling... Allah isn't Jehovah. Most Muslims do not even know the truth

Allah or Allan or whatever spelling... Allah isn't Jehovah. Most Muslims do not even know the truth

Considering that Arab Christians and Jews use the word Allah for God, and that Muslims believe Allah to be Jehovah, it makes no sense to a Muslim to tell them that Allah isn't God. Allah is the Arabic variant of the Biblical reference to God, Alah (used in Job, used in the plural most other places).

Also, I saw a program on the television that said Jesus was a Jewish King. It is so confusing. I wish Christians would just make one book that says what they all beleive in. Was he a King?

Jesus is a "king," but he is not a king in the usual literal manner of other kings we know from history. He is a very different kind of king. What we need to know about this can be found in the Bible, which I'll explain some here.

When the Jews were trying to convince the Roman authorities to crucify Jesus, they accused Jesus of claiming to be a king. There actually was some truth to this claim, but the Jews wanted to make the Romans fear that Jesus was leading an insurrection against Caesar (John 19:12), who was the king (or emperor) of the Roman empire. On hearing this, the Romans (a governor by the name of Pilate) asked Jesus about this accusation:

33 So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?†34 Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?†35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?†36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.†37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?†Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.†38 Pilate said to him, “What is truth?†(John 18:33-40, ESV)

Jesus did not deny that he was a king, but he did make known that he was a very unusual type of king ("My kingdom is not of this world").

After questioning Jesus, Pilate did not fear any insurrection "of this world" from Jesus, but he wanted to appease the Jews who he did fear, so he had him crucified anyway. When Pilate then had Jesus crucified, he put a sign above Jesus's head:

19 Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.†20 Many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Aramaic, in Latin, and in Greek. 21 So the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but rather, ‘This man said, I am King of the Jews.’†22 Pilate answered, “What I have written I have written.†(John 19:19-22, ESV)

This sign "The King of the Jews" was written by Pilate to mock what the Jews were saying, and the Jews objected to it because they really didn't believe in it.

The remarkable thing about this was that neither the Jews nor the Romans believed Jesus was a king, but the truth of Jesus being a king was so powerful that even those who did not believe Jesus was a king were nevertheless compelled to say he was king. This same point was shown earlier before Jesus was handed over to be crucified:

37 As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives—the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, 38 saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!†39 And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.†40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.†(Luke 19:37-40, ESV)

Jesus was saying at that time that if people withheld saying that Jesus was a king, the very stones (which aren't even living things) would cry out that it is so.

Jesus also was descended from King David of Israel. So, by birthright he had the right to be king. Many centuries before Jesus was on Earth, God had prophesied to King David about such a future king that would descend from him and whose "throne shall be established forever" and that "I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son":

11 When your days are fulfilled to walk with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. 13 I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from him who was before you, 14 but I will confirm him in my house and in my kingdom forever, and his throne shall be established forever.’†15 In accordance with all these words, and in accordance with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David. (1 Chonicles 17:11-15, ESV)

There are deep mysteries here. You will not find a simple answer on this question. Jesus himself refused to give a simple answer because a simple Yes or No is insufficient for understanding: a "kingdom not of this world" is not a type of kingdom that worldly people like us can easily relate to, but the many quotes in the Bible from Jesus offer some understanding of what he had in mind.

Jesus has more than one role, including prophet, priest, and king. We need to keep in mind though what Hammer said about not misinterpreting this too literally because these are only ways of expressing the deep thoughts of God in ways humans can hope to relate to:

Jesus is not the son of God, as men mean "son". Muslims are very literal-minded. Jesus is the incarnation of God.

Considering that Arab Christians and Jews use the word Allah for God, and that Muslims believe Allah to be Jehovah, it makes no sense to a Muslim to tell them that Allah isn't God. Allah is the Arabic variant of the Biblical reference to God, Alah (used in Job, used in the plural most other places).

Yes, we need not argue whether Allah and God are the same without first elaborating what we mean by "being the same."

In John 8, the Pharisees and Jesus both claimed having the same God or Father of Abraham but both accused each other of actually being of Satan rather than of God. Not all those claiming the name of Christ are even known by God (Matthew 7:21-23). Demons "believe" in God as well: "You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!" (James 2:19, ESV). Even if we don't acknowledge God, God still rules over us.

Last edited by a moderator:
That causes confusion for a muslim because to them that would be saying He claimed to be Allah and he never said that.

He and the Father are one in nature and purpose, He comes from the Father, He is like Him so you can see the Father in Him, but Jesus is not the Father. Jesus is the Son of God.

Jesus said this in Revelation:

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Revelation 1:17-18 (NASB)

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me. Isaiah 44:6 (NASB)

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last. "Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together. Isaiah 48:12-13 (NASB)

Jesus Christ, the alpha and omega, the first and last of the New Testament is the Almighty God of the Old.

Jesus said this in Revelation:

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Revelation 1:17-18 (NASB)

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me. Isaiah 44:6 (NASB)

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last. "Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together. Isaiah 48:12-13 (NASB)

Jesus Christ, the alpha and omega, the first and last of the New Testament is the Almighty God of the Old.

Way to go! Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever! Emmanuel, God with us! The Word of God who was and is and is to come! Blessed be His Name forever in all the earth!

I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam. Islam is a lie. Jesus is God "in the flesh" and came to earth to die for the sins of mankind. This is the gospel, the "good news" that all men who call upon the name of Jesus Christ can be saved from their sins and brought into newness of life through Christ.

Islam denies the truth of the gospel, and therefore is anathema to Christianity. Mohammed was a false prophet who has led many from the truth of Christ.

Mohammed leads people to a false god and a false salvation. Just as Jesus said that we could know a tree by the fruit it produces, all one has to do is look at the pain and suffering that has come into the world because of Islam to know that it is not a "religion of peace."

The hope and prayer of all Christians is that Muslims will turn from their false religion and find peace in Christ.

But the promise of all peace-loving people is that if your radical Muslim brothers persist in killing those with whom they disagree, they will be found and they will be brought to justice by any means necessary.

Believe whatever you wish but do so peacefully.

AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN! To all your post except the last highlighted statement. Believe whatever you wish, yes, because we have free-will to do that, but believe a lie and you will perish.

I know that you people all believe that Jesus was saving you, and your bible says that but you think that my God is not the same God you have? Their is only one God. I worship him just like you do. Also, can I ask, how much did your bible change since it was made. How much of it is original? I heard they found other parts of the bible in the desert caves. Does that part of the bible have Jesus in it? Does the stories match? Why do you hate Islam so much? Also, I do not kill Christians so it is a lie when you say I kill them. Christians have killed Muslims here, and Muslims have killed Christians too but I have not killed anyone. The Holy Qur'an teaches me to love you but you say lies about my faith. The Holy Qu'ran does not tell me to kill you, that is lies!

Did Jesus write part of the Bible? Did he have a wife? Some people on the television said he had a wife, and some Christians said he did not have a wife. If he did not have one, why not? I want to know what the Christians believe about him, so do not lie to me please.

This has already been answered, Niem, so I won't re-answer your post but let me say this to you. Christians do not say lies about Islam unless they are either misinformed or not following Christ Who said liars will have a part in the lake of fire at the end of time. What you are calling lies about your religion is that Christians deny the truth of Islamist views on Jesus, so to you it means the Christian is "lying about your faith".

Jesus was NOT a prophet only. Neither was He an example, or a teacher, only. He was born of a virgin, lived on earth in a human body, but was filled with the Spirit of God in that body. On the cross, He gave up that Spirit so that He could, when He returned to heaven, send that Spirit back to His people, so that we, beholding His glory, could become like Him, free from sin, free from death, hell and the grave.

It was a great sacrifice and a great and wonderful gift to mankind that He gave as He gave up His physical life. To minimize that gift is a slap in the face of the Father Who chose to sacrifice His only begotten Son for humanity's sake.

To put Jesus in the category of a prophet, as does Islam, is to seriously undermine the one and only way a man can be saved from the wrath to come. THAT is why Christans warn against Islam. Not because we "hate" you or other Muslim's.

The Islamic jihadists who hate Jews and Christians are of COURSE anti-God. The Jews are God's own people whom He chose to provide salvation for all mankind through Jesus Christ. Christians are those called and chosen by God through faith in Jesus Christ.

It is no small thing that you are asking about Jesus Christ. It points to the love God has for you and you'd do well to heed His call. God's word CLEARLY states that the one and only way to salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.

Niem, you cannot worship God as Christians do without faith in Jesus Christ.

I am praying for you that Jesus will make Himself known to you in all His glory and power so that you will know the truth and be saved.

Way to go! Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever! Emmanuel, God with us! The Word of God who was and is and is to come! Blessed be His Name forever in all the earth!

Islamists profess to worship God (Allah) but because they deny Christ, the eternal, almighty incarnate God, then they don't worship the same God as Christians. Their "Allah" is a false god based on one man's twisted delusions.

i am sorry. I try to come here to learn about your religion and Jesus too many of you are judging me because your American television shows say Islam hates you. That is not what Muhammad teached. I tell you this over and over. Some of you were kind but I think a lot of you are hateful people. You should learn from Jesus and be kind to everyone and not blaspheme. I do not know everything about Jesus but I know that he was a kind man that Allah choose him to give peace to all men. You make me sad. I hope you all find peace and will learn to love your fellow man. If you come to my house I will share my food with you. I will give you my tea. If I come to your house you tell me my religion is wrong and you hate it. I would never say that thing to you. Peace be upon you all. Thank you Hammer for being kind and trying to help answer my questions about Jesus. I will just try and study the Qu'ran about Jesus.

Neim, Peace be with you. I am sorry you feel bettered by some people here. I don't hate you and have many Muslim friends, even though I have a different theology. To understand this try to imagine the numerous responses a Christian would get on a Muslim forum - many different kinds the same as you did here. It is just because people are different so they speak differently - and the internet makes it so much harder to communicate! Listen to Hammer he knows what he is talking about. I would suggest pursuing a one-to-one chat with him. It is a much healthier environment than in an open conversation like this.

I am not American, and have not watched programmes that teach me Muslim's hate me. If you TRULY want to know who Jesus is I suggest to things: Start chatting one-to-one with Hammer, and read the Injil :yes

May God bring you peace :)

Hey niem and two things. welcome to the CF forums, and sorry about your experience with some members. But please take this into consideration.

Few things

1. The world is at war with each other. no matter what. it's not just christians hate muslims. it shouldn't even be that way. people hate people, that's it. A real christian should not hate anyone, as everyone is born equal. No one has superman powers (haha i had to add that one) besides probaly jesus christ. and of course the lord.

2. Feel free to speak to me whenever. i will tell you the truth, i am not FOND of the islamic belief, but i do not judge as it is not my place to do so. if i we're to judge you, then how could god judge me? i treat everyone equal as i wish to as well.

My goal in life (here on earth) is only to help people. And raise my son to be a respectful, honorable man who loves the lord. I hope you find what your looking for in your adventure, and i wish you the best of luck on it. Please remember, a real christian does not hate anyone. It is fine to dislike things, events, but it is not okay to hate anyone.

The Islamic jihadists who hate Jews and Christians are of COURSE anti-God. The Jews are God's own people whom He chose to provide salvation for all mankind through Jesus Christ. Christians are those called and chosen by God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Many right-wing Christians are complete hypocrites when it comes to Islam vs. Talmudic Judaism. Remove the plank from your eye! It breeds hatred which causes both war and inhibits your mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.

No one who rejects Jesus is God's people.

The Islamic jihadists who hate Jews and Christians are of COURSE anti-God. The Jews are God's own people whom He chose to provide salvation for all mankind through Jesus Christ. Christians are those called and chosen by God through faith in Jesus Christ. ]/quote]

Many right-wing Christians are complete hypocrites when it comes to Islam vs. Talmudic Judaism. Remove the plank from your eye! It breeds hatred which causes both war and inhibits your mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.

No one who rejects Jesus is God's people.

Jews and Muslims need Jesus...the sad part is that their belief system is hindering them from accepting the gospel. Mohammed nor the Jewish religion can save them..JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. They must have the spiritual blinders removed from their eyes. If Muslims and Jews don't believe this, then they are doomed...Having Abraham as their ancestors means absolutely nothing. What modern day Christianity has failed to see is that Judaism is just as much a threat to Christianity as Islam.

judaism.about.com/od/jewishviewofjesus

www.dianedew.com/islam.htmhttp://www.bing.com/search?q=The+Ko...the+koran+and+christianity&sc=1-26&sp=-1&sk=#

Jews and Muslims need Jesus...the sad part is that their belief system is hindering them from accepting the gospel. Mohammed nor the Jewish religion can save them..JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. They must have the spiritual blinders removed from their eyes. If Muslims and Jews don't believe this, then they are doomed...Having Abraham as their ancestors means absolutely nothing. What modern day Christianity has failed to see is that Judaism is just as much a threat to Christianity as Islam.

Amen. Christians universally know Jesus is the only way, but then we sometimes take positions contrary to what we know.

judaism.about.com/od/jewishviewofjesus

www.dianedew.com/islam.htm

Sorry to disagree but it is hardly the threat Islam is. Judaism is and has been a failure in bringing light to the Gentiles (Isa 42:6), which was their God assigned task, but at least they aren't violently attempting to force others into their religion. The threat from Islam is immeasurably more acute than other religions. And growing greater as Christians and the world for the most part ignores the threat of takeover by the Islamists. God gave all men free-will, making us free to choose between Him and false gods, and that is what the Islamists are after, to take away that one thing from all but themselves. If that doesn't show the religion is devil-inspired, what could possibly bring eyes open?

Back