Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do Christians hate Muslims? I just want to know more about Jesus.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry to disagree but it is hardly the threat Islam is. Judaism is and has been a failure in bringing light to the Gentiles (Isa 42:6), which was their God assigned task, but at least they aren't violently attempting to force others into their religion. The threat from Islam is immeasurably more acute than other religions. And growing greater as Christians and the world for the most part ignores the threat of takeover by the Islamists. God gave all men free-will, making us free to choose between Him and false gods, and that is what the Islamists are after, to take away that one thing from all but themselves. If that doesn't show the religion is devil-inspired, what could possibly bring eyes open?

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/jewsandjesus

Jews do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. How can they claim to know God when they deny His Son. Do you know that Christians cannot distribute literature in Israel.

http://studygrowknowblog.com/2010/11/16/violence-in-israel-against-christians

As far as the bible is concerned, both Jews and Muslims need Jesus since he is the only way. Trying to compare two evil does not make sense. Both are a threat to Christianity. The fact is that most people don't want to think of Israel in this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christians don't hate anyone!

I have never met a Christian who hated anyone. Our God tell's us to love even our enemy not kill him. Our God tells us to share the truth with others and let His Spirit convert them, not kill them if they don't convert.

I know many Christians hate Islam but not those within it. Our God tells us to "Hate the sin, but love the sinner".

Re: Christians don't hate anyone!

I have never met a Christian who hated anyone. Our God tell's us to love even our enemy not kill him. Our God tells us to share the truth with others and let His Spirit convert them, not kill them if they don't convert.

I know many Christians hate Islam but not those within it. Our God tells us to "Hate the sin, but love the sinner".

In the Old Testament, God instructs his people to kill anyone who converts away (Deuteronomy 17:2-7) or tries to convert others away (Deuteronomy 13:7-12). And, neither the Old or New Testaments teach "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." Jesus did day we are to love our enemies. But, he didn't say to love sinners.

Islam's offense to Christians is that in Islam, the Christ and the age of grace hasn't arrived. Islam's other offense to Christians is that in Islam, secular-humanist thinking hasn't arrived, either.

We're really good at hating our enemies and loving sinners. Which is backwards. Just sayin'. It suggests we fear those who can kill the body, but not the soul, more than we fear Him who can destroy both the body and the soul.

In the Old Testament, God instructs his people to kill anyone who converts away (Deuteronomy 17:2-7) or tries to convert others away (Deuteronomy 13:7-12). And, neither the Old or New Testaments teach "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." Jesus did day we are to love our enemies. But, he didn't say to love sinners.

Islam's offense to Christians is that in Islam, the Christ and the age of grace hasn't arrived. Islam's other offense to Christians is that in Islam, secular-humanist thinking hasn't arrived, either.

We're really good at hating our enemies and loving sinners. Which is backwards. Just sayin'. It suggests we fear those who can kill the body, but not the soul, more than we fear Him who can destroy both the body and the soul.

Jesus taught us to "love our neighbors as we love ourselves" and He did not mean just the folk's next door. Yes we must love sinners but not their sin.

Islam is offense to Christians because it is leading people to hell! And our God does not want that. We are to try and reach them with the truth.

Jesus taught us to "love our neighbors as we love ourselves" and He did not mean just the folk's next door. Yes we must love sinners but not their sin.

When Jesus explained what he meant by neighbor, he didn't say anything about the folks next door. And, He also didn't say anything about your neighbor being a sinner.

Islam is offense to Christians because it is leading people to hell! And our God does not want that. We are to try and reach them with the truth.

All false religions lead people to Hell. But, other than Islam, Christians seem to not mind other religions much. One false and explicitly non-Christian religion is even adored by many Christians.

Sorry to disagree but it is hardly the threat Islam is. Judaism is and has been a failure in bringing light to the Gentiles (Isa 42:6), which was their God assigned task, but at least they aren't violently attempting to force others into their religion. The threat from Islam is immeasurably more acute than other religions. And growing greater as Christians and the world for the most part ignores the threat of takeover by the Islamists. God gave all men free-will, making us free to choose between Him and false gods, and that is what the Islamists are after, to take away that one thing from all but themselves. If that doesn't show the religion is devil-inspired, what could possibly bring eyes open?

Jews do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Muslim believe he is a prophet, but the truth is that Jesus is the Saviour and regardless of what the Jews and Muslims say, Jesus is not important to them in their religion.
Both are a threat to Christianity.

All false religions lead people to Hell. But, other than Islam, Christians seem to not mind other religions much. One false and explicitly non-Christian religion is even adored by many Christians.

It's a lot to ask of Christians to shed their disdain for a religion that inspires such violence upon the world, that punishes converts by death, that executes pastors who are openly professing their faith in countries where Muslim clerics run the government. Of course we should shine the Light in this dark world and stand in opposition to false gospels. I think knowledgeable Christians do oppose all false religions.

But if you're asking people who live in this world to have the same emotion toward all religions as we do violent Islam, that's not going to happen. We didn't have to change our national security system in response to Jews. We aren't standing in long lines at airport security in 2012 because Jews were hijacking planes and blowing up buildings.

Islam has forced America to change the way it lives every day. Whether "peaceful" Muslims are afraid to publicly condemn terrorism or they are not in fact opposed to it, it's my observation that the voice of opposition from within Islam is absent amidst all the violence we see. It doesn't speak well of Islam if it strikes so much fear among its own people that they dare not speak out against it. And it says something much worse if there is no opposition to begin with. :gah

It's a lot to ask of Christians to shed their disdain for a religion that inspires such violence upon the world, that punishes converts by death, that executes pastors who are openly professing their faith in countries where Muslim clerics run the government. Of course we should shine the Light in this dark world and stand in opposition to false gospels. I think knowledgeable Christians do oppose all false religions.

But if you're asking people who live in this world to have the same emotion toward all religions as we do violent Islam, that's not going to happen. We didn't have to change our national security system in response to Jews. We aren't standing in long lines at airport security in 2012 because Jews were hijacking planes and blowing up buildings.

Islam has forced America to change the way it lives every day. Whether "peaceful" Muslims are afraid to publicly condemn terrorism or they are not in fact opposed to it, it's my observation that the voice of opposition from within Islam is absent amidst all the violence we see. It doesn't speak well of Islam if it strikes so much fear among its own people that they dare not speak out against it. And it says something much worse if there is no opposition to begin with. :gah

Excellent! Let the truth be heard by the people of God!

When Jesus explained what he meant by neighbor, he didn't say anything about the folks next door. And, He also didn't say anything about your neighbor being a sinner.

Hammer, what "one false and explicitly non-Christian religion" would that be? And yes, all false religions lead people to Hell. Christians do mind false religions. How is it you think otherwise?

Jews do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Muslim believe he is a prophet, but the truth is that Jesus is the Saviour and regardless of what the Jews and Muslims say, Jesus is not important to them in their religion.
Both are a threat to Christianity.

You know, I've read the words of Jesus. He never once claimed to be messiah and he never once claimed to be God or our savior. According to Jesus's own words he only claimed to be a son of man, a man, or a sent one.

Yet men and women all over the world have venerated him to the status of God and intermediatry. Making claims about him and who he is that Jesus himself never did. Why? Especially when I read Gods own words to the contrary.

To you it was shown, that you might know that the Yehovah is God; there is no other beside him.

I, I myself, am Yehovah; and beside me there is no savior.

Thus said Yehovah, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel;

Btw, I am not a Jew and I dont believe Jesus is God or saviour either. I believe YHVH and no other is God and that He alone is my savior and redeemer. Those are His words not mine. Why do you consider that a threat?

It's a lot to ask of Christians to shed their disdain for a religion that inspires such violence upon the world,

I can't appreciate that argument given that "we" kill at least a hundred times as many of them as they kill of "us". We started the fighting with them, not the other way around. Your statement is rationalization.

And, now we're threatening Iran, and committing acts of war by sanctions. Modern Iran has never attacked anyone. (Neither the UN or US intelligence has concluded that Iran has a nuclear weapons program, even though they have a right to such program.)

I think knowledgeable Christians do oppose all false religions.

"Knowledgeable" is a loaded word. I think there's no shortage of Christians, even pastors, who believe themselves to be knowledgeable, but still love one certain false religion -- a love that has motivated our hostility toward the Arab world.

Islam has forced America to change the way it lives every day.

There would have been no 9/11 if we had stayed out of the middle-east. And, while Islam as "forced" us to have extra security. Islam isn't the religion that was instrumental in changing American culture from a Christian nation to one hostile to Christianity.

Only 20-something Muslims were responsible for 9/11 (and, none of them were from Iraq).

really, hammer. why do the marines have the from halls of moctezuma to the shores of the tripoli? why did hussein have billions in cash from food for oil while iraq was starving. only the us and a few other nations werent trading with them. so we shouldnt have dealt with hussien with kuwait. iraq attacked isreal in 1948 and also during the gulf war with scuds. we paid isreal to stay out.

Ok so when did Jesus say we could hate our neighbor if they were a sinner?

I can't think of a false, non-Christian religion that is adored by real Christians. Who are you referring to?

You know, I've read the words of Jesus. He never once claimed to be messiah and he never once claimed to be God or our savior. According to Jesus's own words he only claimed to be a son of man, a man, or a sent one.

Yet men and women all over the world have venerated him to the status of God and intermediatry. Making claims about him and who he is that Jesus himself never did. Why? Especially when I read Gods own words to the contrary.

Btw, I am not a Jew and I dont believe Jesus is God or saviour either. I believe YHVH and no other is God and that He alone is my savior and redeemer. Those are His words not mine. Why do you consider that a threat?

Well let's see what Jesus said:

John 10:36
King James Version (KJV)
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 11:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

Matthew 16:16-17
King James Version (KJV)
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

John 9:35-37
King James Version (KJV)
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

So it seems Jesus did claim to be God's son and agreed with Peter when he made the statement.

John 4:25-26
King James Version (KJV)
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he

Maybe you missed these verses.

Ok so when did Jesus say we could hate our neighbor if they were a sinner?

You should review Christ's story of the Good Samaritan. In it, He reveals who our neighbor is. Here's a hint, the name of the story isn't the Sinner Samaritan.

I can't think of a false, non-Christian religion that is adored by real Christians. Who are you referring to?

Really?

You should review Christ's story of the Good Samaritan. In it, He reveals who our neighbor is. Here's a hint, the name of the story isn't the Sinner Samaritan.

Really?

Hammer are you willing to admit that Islam is a religion that is violent. Why are they not fanatical Christians.:sad Why do they get so hot under the collar when someone converts from Islam to Christianity). What are they fearful of.. Islam has its people cowering in fear. The bible states that there is no fear in love. Love that is fearful is not love. People do not hate the Muslims we all love them..but it is what they do with their paranoia that bothers me. They are willing to kill and maim just for their beliefs..as Christians we must be willing to die for Jesus...not kill for him.

Hammer are you willing to admit that Islam is a religion that is violent. Why are they not fanatical Christians.:sad Why do they get so hot under the collar when someone converts from Islam to Christianity). What are they fearful of.. Islam has its people cowering in fear. The bible states that there is no fear in love. Love that is fearful is not love. People do not hate the Muslims we all love them..but it is what they do with their paranoia that bothers me. They are willing to kill and maim just for their beliefs..as Christians we must be willing to die for Jesus...not kill for him.

Muslims, outside the Embassy in Libya, holding a candlelight vigil for the murdered ambassador:
02n120914-x-large.jpg

The hijab saves her from a half-hour of fighting with her hair every morning.

We're killing a 100 times faster than they're killing us.

Christians live in fear in Islamic countries. Offending Islam is a capital offense in some countries. But, in the last couple decades, since the US found a new enemy to replace Communism, US hostility toward Islamic countries have made these countries even less save for Christians.

I would dearly love to see every Muslim come to Christ. But, there is a great deal of hate being directed at them, from enough American Christians, which can only stand in the way. At least it looks like hate.

As for fear vs. love, our love isn't perfect.

Muslims, outside the Embassy in Libya, holding a candlelight vigil for the murdered ambassador:
02n120914-x-large.jpg

The hijab saves her from a half-hour of fighting with her hair every morning.

We're killing a 100 times faster than they're killing us.

Christians live in fear in Islamic countries. (But Muslims do not live in fear in Christian countries..there is the difference) Offending Islam is a capital offense in some countries. But, in the last couple decades, since the US found a new enemy to replace Communism, US hostility toward Islamic countries have made these countries even less save for Christians.

I would dearly love to see every Muslim come to Christ. But, there is a great deal of hate being directed at them, from enough American Christians, which can only stand in the way. At least it looks like hate.

As for fear vs. love, our love isn't perfect.

The hatred is directed at the VIOLENCE of the fanatical muslims. It is unreasonable to paint the American Christians with a hate brush. You do not see these demonstrating, burning Korans, etc. I myself want to see Muslim come to Christ too. But we cannot ignore the goings on with the fanatical ones. ISLAM IS A FALSE RELIGION..pure and simple..no denying that.

Do you think that other muslim women in Egypt, Tunisia or Indonesia would be willing to do what these women in Libya are doing.. Nope. You and I know that fear of the fanatical muslim would prevent them. I am not naive..

Hammer the West have continued to help Muslims who emigrate from their countries. They have a lot of privileges. They attend their mosques, their own schools if they choose to. But what do they get in return, homegrown terrorists who try to destabalise the country that fed and educate them. Remember the soldier that killed others at the Army base. When something like this happens what should the US do, pretend that all is well.
These are people who will kill women who commit adultery even if they find the couple in the sexual act. Women in Islam are nothing more than objects. Look at Saudi Arabia. I believe the problem with these Muslims is that the political leaders in these muslim countries do what is expedient. They themselves are afraid of the fanatics so they do not clamp down on them. The Haqquani network in Pakistan is an example of leaders who are either helping or are unwilling to deal with this terror. Ironically these countries want US aid, BUT seem to allow these things to go unnoticed.
Rememberr Osama Bin Laden was living right under the nose of one of the Pakistan military bases. No one can tell me that military did not notice. I will make a statement and you can determine whether I am judgmental or not. But Islam cannot be trusted. Muslims are Muslims first and citizens of the world after. As I have said before a young muslim student told a teacher here that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MODERATE MUSLIM. FEAR is an inescapable composition of Islam. Fear to disagree, fear for one's life. This kind of fear is what makes witnessing difficult for the Christian. This is the real world.

Only today an Afghan soldier killed four NATO soldiers presumably he should have been helping the NATO soldiers..BUT now he sees them as the enemy. This is deceit... The Taliban uses fear..which I have said before is the main component of Islam.

Back