Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Would Jesus(PBUH) Have to Die on the Cross?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Notice the word... BELIEVER..

See what Muhammad says.... "If a man kills a Believer intentionally...."

So what happens if a man kills/murders a non-believer??

:-? :-?

Well, he gets a ton of virgins for that...

... not surprising from a "prophet" who practiced polygamy and married a girl so young she was still playing with dolls (Aisha).

BL

Blue-Lightning said:

... not surprising from a "prophet" who practiced polygamy and married a girl so young she was still playing with dolls (Aisha).

BL

Well Polygamy was nothing new: the bible allowed it, and many of the prophets in the bible were polygamous.

http://www.quransearch.com/ntpoly.htm

Regarding the Prophets marriage to Aisha, we know that the reason for the marriage was to strengthen the bonds between between the two families. Even then the age difference was not unsual in that time and culture, and it was not wrong because hadiths record that Aisha had infact reached puberty. Just because we find that in our culture and understanding, it seemed wrong, doesnt mean that it was considered wrong in all cultures and all times.

http://www.muslim-answers.org/aishah.htm Read this article

By the way, the Quran specifies that whoever takes a life, it is as if he has taking the whole of mankind, and whoever saves a life, it is as if he has saved the whole of mankind. This is not specified to whether you are a believer or not, it doesnt matter. Killing of an innocent life is totally prohibited in Islam.

[Quran 2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion...

[Quran 60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[Quran 8:61] If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

[Quran 4:90]â€Â...Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them.â€Â

Well Polygamy was nothing new: the bible allowed it, and many of the prophets in the bible were polygamous.

Oh get out of here:

1. The bible says lots of things that God did not like, so just becuase poligamy was in the bible does not mean that God liked it.
2. It is one thing to say that poligamy happens, but quite another to say it is a reward from God for killing people.

As for all the other stuff out of Quarann, well it is not the word of God so I don't give a rat's $@##

What I do know is that Mulsems are the ones that are the terorist, they are the ones strapping bombs to children and killing people daily in the name of Allah.

So, you make all the apology you like, the fact is that if we went to many nations we would see with our eyes muslem killing people and saying God told them

Islam peace becuase if you do not like we will kill you. That is Isalm

Blue-Lightning said:

BL

1- Aisha was adult when she married
Did she or her father complain to you? Her father Abu baker was Muhammad’s (PBUH) friend, he is the first believer in Islam

2-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as a prophet has many reasons for polygamy

Gary_Bee said:
Notice the word... BELIEVER..

See what Muhammad says.... "If a man kills a Believer intentionally...."

So what happens if a man kills/murders a non-believer??

:-? :-?

Also it's forbidden to kill the non-believer without a just cause.
Sorry because I did not post these verses before.

Allah almighty said

6:151 …….and kill not anyone whom Allâh has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islâmic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

17:33. And do not kill anyone which Allâh has forbidden, except for a just cause. And whoever is killed (intentionally with hostility and oppression and not by mistake), We have given his heir the authority [(to demand Qisâs, Law of Equality in punishment or to forgive, or to take Diya (blood money)]. But let him not exceed limits in the matter of taking life (i.e he should not kill except the killer only). Verily, he is helped (by the Islâmic law).

Henry said:
1. The bible says lots of things that God did not like, so just becuase poligamy was in the bible does not mean that God liked it.
2. It is one thing to say that poligamy happens, but quite another to say it is a reward from God for killing people.
When Moses ordered all the boys and non-virgin women killed, all the troops got the remaining virgin girls as loot. God got about 32 as His share. (God graciously let his priests have His share.) Many men got to have several wives due to this type of action where you can gain new wives on the battlefield.

God made rules governing polygamyy. If He were against it, He would have outlawed it as He did to working on the Sabbath.

Quath

Qasim786 said:
By the way, the Quran specifies that whoever takes a life, it is as if he has taking the whole of mankind, and whoever saves a life, it is as if he has saved the whole of mankind. This is not specified to whether you are a believer or not, it doesnt matter.

That looks as if it may have been taken from Judaism. In Judaism at least, it is limited to Jews only, so I have read.

(neo-Nazi source, but I am sure its reliable. :-D )

Qasim786 said:
Regarding the Prophets marriage to Aisha, we know that the reason for the marriage was to strengthen the bonds between between the two families. Even then the age difference was not unsual in that time and culture, and it was not wrong because hadiths record that Aisha had infact reached puberty. Just because we find that in our culture and understanding, it seemed wrong, doesnt mean that it was considered wrong in all cultures and all times.

So you don't want to judge Muhammad by today's standards. In that case, do you think the world today should be judged by the standards of the Quran?

'So you don't want to judge Muhammad by today's standards. In that case, do you think the world today should be judged by the standards of the Quran?'

That is just generalizing the argument, i was talking about the ideas of marriage that was present at that time in that culture. Your Culture is not necesserily the same as your faith. The Quran is different because it takes into account all cultures and all times, because it doesnt just address a specific people or nation, it adresses the whole of mankind. There isnt another book that addresses the whole of mankind. Even Jesus admitted that he was sent only to the children of Israel.

'That looks as if it may have been taken from Judaism. In Judaism at least, it is limited to Jews only, so I have read. '

Yes God does say in the Quran that this was decreed to the children of Israel, the Jews, but it certainly still applies for the rest of us.

Muhammad CLAIMED to be the role-model for all

He said:
  • "...If you love Allah, then follow me (Mohammed)..." (Sura 3:31).

"Ye have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day." (Sura 33:21).
I find that a real insult. Why would I ever follow the example of Muhammad?

Muhammad was a licentious man, a murderer, barbaric and unethical, a liar and a hypocrite. He was deceitful, inconsistent, immoral, lustful, a polygamist, an adulterer. He had slaves and concubines, a low regard for women. He encouraged wife beating.

Muhammad had little regard for the value of human life, especially those who opposed or exposed him. He instituted Jihad and called for the death of all who opposed him or Islam. Muhammad sent his men to kill his opponents in the middle of the night using deceit and lies. He was an assassin.

He showed signs of physical, spiritual and mental derangement. He was delusional and even attempted suicide. His wife reported that he was bewitched.

Muhammad massacred his prisoners of war indiscriminately. He was a criminal and a mass murderer. Muhammad raided merchant caravans and stole their goods. He was a highway robber. Muhammad made and then broke treaties. He was dishonest.

Muhammad cursed people and preached hatred towards other human beings.

Muhammad captured human beings and sold them or asked for a payment of a ransom to release them. He was a slave merchant and a terrorist.

Muhammad was sex-mad. Muhammad, at the age of 53, became aroused by a 9-year-old child. He was a paedophile. Muhammad forced himself on a captured woman on the same day that he killed her father, husband and many of her relatives. He was a rapist.

Read more: http://www.answering-islam.org/Nehls/Ask/model.html

No wonder you show the spite and the hatred for Islam.

Since your signature including slanders on Islam and slanders on Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). that means you are here to post slander and lies about Islam and our prophet. cut and paste the lies. This is your job here that I have seen. Nothing else.

At least Muslims not showing any bad thing about Jesus (PBUH) we respect him because he was one of the greatest prophets.

Remember these slanders is against God’s prophet this is a big sin God will judge you because of that.

I can prove every statement I have made about Muhammad.

Muhammad cursed and killed Christians and Jews. Why should I have any respect for him?

He is NOT a prophet of the true living God. I fear God.... I have no fear for Muhammad and his "god" called allah.

When we compare Jesus to Muhammad, we DO see the difference between them. That is why I follow Jesus and not Muhammad.

Jesus taught us how to uncover false prophets. He said we would "know them by their fruit." The fruit (deeds and words) of Muhammad are rotten.

:)

You can’t prove anything, because your source is from the site answering Islam, which has been made by the liars men. It’s scripture for you this site. And your sources are from Paul not from Jesus.

Our sources are from Quran the words of God and from Muhammad the last God’s prophet. Muhammad did not kill anybody without a just cause.
God in Arabic call Allah we worship only one God without partner

Jesus didn't kill anyone PERIOD. Which person do you think showed the greater love for humanity? One who settles disputes by killing or one who settels disputes through love and forgiveness?

Yes Jesus (PBUH) wasn’t sinner nor Muhammad (PBUH) because they are prophets.
Prophets do not commit sins
I hope that you follow the true message of Jesus (PBUH), but unfortunately you do not.

Muhsen said:
Yes Jesus (PBUH) wasn’t sinner nor Muhammad (PBUH) because they are prophets.
Prophets do not commit sins

Muhammad and the MURDER of Asma b. Marwan

BACKGROUND

Muhammad had Abu Afak murdered. Asma b. Marwan spoke out against Muhammad for having the old man murdered. She encouraged her fellow tribesmen to take action against the murderer. When Muhammad heard of what she had said, he continued his killing spree and had her murdered.

How much of a threat was she to Muhammad? In all likely-hood, she would have great difficulty in attacking Muhammad herself. She needed men to stand up to Muhammad. Look deeper at the event and examine the context of Asma's relationship to her tribe.

First of all, her tribe was not under Muhammad's rule. Perhaps they had a treaty with Muhammad, perhaps not. Either way, this women was free to speak her mind. If a treaty existed, and she was out of line, Muhammad could have complained to her tribe's leaders, and they could have commanded her to be silent.

What's more noteworthy about this event is that after she was murdered, Muhammad said "Two goats won't butt their head about her", meaning no one will care about her death. (Well except her children and her family).
Also note, that there were already people from her tribe who had become Muslims. Certainly these people were not going to listen to her.

The point is this: if no one really cared about her being murdered, then no one really cared about what she had to say. Her people also knew about Muhammad having Abu Afak murdered, and they didn't seem to care about that either. Even in that light, no one would take her serious enough to listen to her urgings to murder Muhammad, who was the leader of a powerful group of people. None of her people were willing to put their lives on the line for her words.

The bottom line is this: Asma b. Marwan was not a legitimate threat to Muhammad.

So why then did Muhammad really request Asma's murder?

Try multiple choice:

a) Muhammad believed that she constituted a legitimate threat to himself, so he ordered her murdered

b) Muhammad was bothered by her words, and wanted her silenced

c) God told Muhammad to have this woman murdered

Obviously, the only real choice is (b). She didn't scare him, she was not the leader of her tribe, and she had little or no influence. She was little more than a nuisance to him. If God told Muhammad to go and kill her, Muhammad would have claimed to have a revelation like "Oh Muslims, Allah says to go and kill Asma b. Marwan". And it would have happened immediately. If that was the case then Muslims would have attacked her in force in the daylight.

The only conclusion is that Asma challenged Muhammad’s ego and actions. This troubled Muhammad and he wanted her silenced.

Comments

What alarms me the most about Islam is its disposition to violence and use of violence as a standard of God's will.

Umayr is a perfect example of this. Here is a Muslim man, a friend of Muhammad's, acting upon Muhammad's request and going into a woman's home under the cover of night. He comes upon the women, sleeping in her bed with her child, and murders her by plunging a sword through her body.

Afterwards, Muhammad tells the man that he has "helped God and his apostle". If Allah were really threatened by this woman, I think He could have killed her Himself, don't you? Does God need men to sneak around in the night and murder sleeping women?

Further, what kind of religion is Islam really? Soon after Umayr murdered Asma, he went to her family and mocked them! He was laughing in their faces that he had murdered their mother and that they were powerless to do anything about it! Here is the quote again:

"She had five sons, and when Umayr went to them from the apostle he said, "I have killed bint Marwan, O sons of Khatma. Withstand me if you can; don't keep me waiting."

I also have to criticize the non-Muslim Arabs in Muhammad's time. They did lack a sense of the value of human life. Here one of their own woman was murdered, and instead of being appalled, they began to convert to Islam because they "saw the power of Islam".

Finally, look at the power of Islam. Here is the quote:
"That was the first day Islam became powerful among B. Khatma..... The day after Bint Marwan was killed the men of B. Khatma became Muslims because they saw the power of Islam."

So then, the power of Islam is to go about and murder sleeping women in the night, and get away with it?

Does "might make right" ring true in Islam? Is it "he who has the biggest sword is from Allah?

The only people I know who respect that kind of power are criminals, Mafia type people who also go in the night and murder people while they sleep.

QUESTIONS

What kind of a man was Muhammad? Did he really need to ask his men to murder a mother of five, a women who was no legitimate threat to him?

Why couldn't Muhammad murder her himself? Why is it that every time Muhammad wanted someone killed, he always got someone else to do his killing?

Look at this dark side of Islam. This is the Islam Muhammad practiced. When the founder of a religion has to have powerless women murdered in the night for opposing him, how can that religion be described?

Where are "women's rights", or "human rights" now in Islam? If Muhammad denied freedom of speech to others, how does that reflect upon Islam and what we see occurring in the Islamic world today? Why is it that the more fundamentalist Muslim nations become, the more oppressive they are toward all basic human rights?

Is this Muhammad a man that you could really trust?

CONCLUSION

We know that there are good and bad in all religions, but this case is different. This event reflects upon the man who started Islam: Islam is built upon Muhammad's words and deeds. We see here that Muhammad had a woman brutally murdered. She was killed because she spoke out against him, and became more of a nuisance, not a legitimate threat. Further, Muhammad had no legal right to kill her. He took the situation into his own hands and had her murdered. Muhammad felt that this murder was helping God; he felt no guilt, or sense of repentance.

Jesus condemned those who murdered ...."Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood" Revelation 22:15. Muhammad falls into that category. Surely, this man Muhammad was not a real prophet of God.

To see the Islamic sources quoted, go here:
http://www.geocities.com/gary_bee_za/muhammad/asma.htm

:-?

Muhsen said:
Again Cut and Paste the lies!!!!

First Islamic source

FROM THE SIRAT RASUL ALLAH, by Ibn Ishaq (A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad") page 675, 676.

"UMAYR B. ADIYY'S JOURNEY TO KILL ASMA D. MARWAN

"She was of B. Umayyya b. Zayd. When Abu Afak had been killed she displayed disaffection. Abdullah b. al-Harith b. Al-Fudayl from his father said that she was married to a man of B. Khatma called Yazid b. Zayd. Blaming Islam and its followers she said:

"I despise B. Malik and al-Nabit
and Auf and B. al-Khazraj.
You obey a stranger who is none of yours,
One not of Murad or Madhhij. {1}
Do you expect good from him after the killing of your chiefs
Like a hungry man waiting for a cook's broth?
Is there no man of pride who would attack him by surprise
And cut off the hopes of those who expect aught from him?"

Hassan b. Thabit answered her:

"Banu Wa'il and B. Waqif and Khatma
Are inferior to B. al-Khazrahj.
When she called for folly woe to her in her weeping,
For death is coming.
She stirred up a man of glorious origin,
Noble in his going out and in his coming in.
Before midnight he dyed her in her blood
And incurred no guilt thereby."

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" Umayr b. Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he [Muhammad] said, "You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!" When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, "Two goats won't butt their heads about her", so Umayr went back to his people.

Now there was a great commotion among B. Khatma that day about the affair of bint [girl] Marwan. She had five sons, and when Umayr went to them from the apostle he said, "I have killed bint Marwan, O sons of Khatma. Withstand me if you can; don't keep me waiting." That was the first day Islam became powerful among B. Khatma; before that those who were Muslims concealed the fact. The first of them to accept Islam was Umayr b. Adiy who was called the "Reader", and Abdullah b. Aus and Khuzayma b. Thabit. The day after Bint Marwan was killed the men of B. Khatma became Muslims because they saw the power of Islam."

{1}The note reads "Two tribes of Yamani origin."

[END OF IBN ISHAQ QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Islamic source

FROM IBN SA'D'S "KITAB AL-TABAQAT AL-KABIR", translated by S. Moinul Haq, volume 2, page 31.

"SARIYYAH OF UMAYR IBN ADI"

Then (occurred) the sariyyah of Umayr ibn adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against Asma Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the hijrah of the apostle of Allah. Asma was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses. Umayr Ibn Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced up to her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the prophet at al-Medina. The apostle of Allah said to him: "Have you slain the daughter of Marwan?" He said: "Yes. Is there something more for me to do?" He [Muhammad] said: "No. Two goats will butt together about her. This was the word that was first heard from the apostle of Allah. The apostle of Allah called him Umayr, "basir" (the seeing).

[END OF IBN SA'D QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Islamic source

CORROBORATING WRITINGS

In "23 Years; A Study of the Prophetic Career of Mohammad", by Ali Dashti, (Mazda Press, 1994), Dashti also references the murders of Abu Afak and Asma b. Marwan. He wrote (page 100):

"Abu Afak, a man of great age (reputedly 120 years) was killed because he lampooned Mohammad. The deed was done by Salem b. 'Omayr at the behest of the Prophet, who had asked, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" The killing of such an old man moved a poetess, Asma b. Marwan, to compose disrespectful verses about the Prophet, and she too was assassinated."

Are these Muslims telling lies??

:-?

Prophetic Attitude Toward Women and Old Men in War

I’m going to display here the *authentic* Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) regarding women and old men in war. No baseless or forged reports are allowed here; we will only display authentic reports.

Well, in brief, authentic Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him) prohibits the killing of women in war.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: A Jewish woman brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of God’s Apostle.
(Sahih al-Bukhârî, Volume 3, Book 47, Number 786)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) refused to kill a woman who did intentionally try to poison him, but the Christian missionaries, using a fabricated story, wants us to believe that he ordered the killing of a woman who only abused him verbally.

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Messenger of God (peace be upon him) saw the corpse of a woman who had been slain in one of the raids, and he disapproved of it and forbade the killing of women and children.
(Sahih-ul-Bukhârî, Volume 4, Book 52, Numbers 257 & 258. Also see Mutta Malik, Book 21, Section 3, Number 9)

Due to this prohibition, scholars of Abu Hanifah’s School of Thought state that apostate women are not to be killed because the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade killing women and since the prohibition is general, then it includes apostate women.[4]
Even after the Prophet's demise, his Sunnah was preserved by the Muslims ...

Abu Bakr advised Yazid: "I advise you ten things: Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camel except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly."
(Mutta Malik, Book 21, Section 3, Number 10)

Safi-ur-Rahman Al-Mabarakfuri sums it up in "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtoum",
The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] had issued honourable strict rules about war and bade his soldiers and leaders to comply with them. They were forbidden to break those rules under any circumstances. In reference to Sulaiman bin Buraidah’s version, who said that his father had told him that whenever the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] appointed a leader on an army or on a battalion, he used to recommend him to fear Allâh, the Great and All-Mighty, when dealing with those who were closest to him and to be good with all Muslims. Then the Prophet [pbuh] would say to him:

"Let your invasion be in the Name of Allâh and for His sake. Fight those who disbelieve in Allâh. Invade but do not exaggerate nor commit treachery. Never deform the corpse of a dead person or kill an infant child."

The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] asked people to facilitate but he forbade them to bear down hard on others or constrain. "Pacify", he said, "and do not disincline". [Sahih Muslim 2/82,83] When it happened that he arrived at the battlefield by night, he would never invade the enemy till it was morning. He utterly forbade burning (i.e. torturing people) in fire, killing children and women or even beating them. He also forbade theft and robbery and proceeded so far as to say gains acquired through plundering are not less forbidden than the flesh of a corpse. Corruption of tillage and race and cutting down of trees were all forbidden unless they were badly needed and there was no other substitute:

"Do not kill a wounded person nor run after a fleeing one or kill a captive."
He decreed that envoys cannot be killed. He also stressed on not killing those who made covenants. He even said:
"He whoever kills one who is under pledge to a covenant shall not smell Paradise, though its smell could be experienced at a forty-year distance from it."

There were some other noble rules which purified wars from their Al-Jahiliyah (pre-Islamic) filthiness and turned them into sacred wars. [Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/64-68; and for details Jihad in Islam p.216-262]
I believe this should clarify any acquired misconception readers hold toward our beloved Noble Prophet (peace be upon him). And to God is the judgement in all affairs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back