Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Why would the Apostle Paul say such a thing?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Grace never stops. Period.

Why are you going on and on and on and on..?
If your Faith is not in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, Grace has stopped. Christ has become of no benefit to you. In other words, you get to take care of you.

If your Faith is not in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, Grace has stopped. Christ has become of no benefit to you. In other words, you get to take care of you.

That isn't connected to my post at all. I have strong faith in the Lord; why do you bring that up when I ask you why you're going on and on and on?

That isn't connected to my post at all. I have strong faith in the Lord; why do you bring that up when I ask you why you're going on and on and on?
Victory is in Christ and Him Crucified! For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. 2 Cor. 10:4

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: Acts 1:8

The bible says, “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” The whole idea and reason why the Devil want the Christian believers to keep their mouth shut is because if you don’t speak, spirits don’t leave.

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping,
that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Phil. 3:18

God's grace is dependent on => God <= solely and entirely. It is not dependent on anything that we do. Do you really think that God plays games with His children? That grace is earned; that somehow God is obligated to us?

I recommend that you take some time away from your computer and read your Bible.

Reactions: JLB
God's grace is dependent on => God <= solely and entirely. It is not dependent on anything that we do. Do you really think that God plays games with His children? That grace is earned; that somehow God is obligated to us?

I recommend that you take some time away from your computer and read your Bible.
“21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)” Galatians 2

“4 Christ is become of no effect unto you (this is a chilling statement, and refers to anyone who makes anything other than Christ and the Cross the Object of his Faith), whosoever of you are justified by the Law (seek to be justified by the Law); you are fallen from Grace (fallen from the position of Grace, which means the Believer is trusting in something other than the Cross; it actually means, “to apostatize”).” Galatians 5

JSM

Hope this helps.

“21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)” Galatians 2

“4 Christ is become of no effect unto you (this is a chilling statement, and refers to anyone who makes anything other than Christ and the Cross the Object of his Faith), whosoever of you are justified by the Law (seek to be justified by the Law); you are fallen from Grace (fallen from the position of Grace, which means the Believer is trusting in something other than the Cross; it actually means, “to apostatize”).” Galatians 5

JSM

Hope this helps.

Everything you added to the scripture, in red is just man’s opinion.

Jesus Christ is our salvation, our eternal life.

Knowing Him; being joined to Him is eternal life.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

Remaining in Christ is remaining in eternal life.

The way we remain in Christ is by obeying Him; obeying His commandments, obeying His doctrine.

If you are not obeying the Lord, and thereby walking according to the Spirit, in which you yourself are practicing righteousness, then you Will not remain in Christ.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

He who practices righteousness is righteous​

• Words of Christ in red —

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

• Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36

• He who does not obey the Son will not see life.

JLB

JSM

Hope this helps.

It doesn't help at all. 1) You're mixing your own interpretation (or someone else's?) with the Bible text; 2) I disagree with those interpretations.

=> There is NOTHING in the Bible that makes God's grace dependent on anything that we humans do! <= He is -- pay attention -- God. He is sovereign and can do whatever He wants without obligation to anyone or any thing.

Taking a couple of verses out of context from one epistle is a poor method of justifying your flawed doctrine.

In context, here is what the beginning of Galatians 5 says, " For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery. Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you at all! And I testify again to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision carries any weight—the only thing that matters is faith working through love."

Clearly and obviously, Paul wrote to the Galatians about => circumcision <= as a (mistaken) means of being justified under the law. It is a serious mistake to distort the Bible's message, even unintentionally.

It doesn't help at all. 1) You're mixing your own interpretation (or someone else's?) with the Bible text; 2) I disagree with those interpretations.

=> There is NOTHING in the Bible that makes God's grace dependent on anything that we humans do! <= He is -- pay attention -- God. He is sovereign and can do whatever He wants without obligation to anyone or any thing.

Taking a couple of verses out of context from one epistle is a poor method of justifying your flawed doctrine.

In context, here is what the beginning of Galatians 5 says, " For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery. Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you at all! And I testify again to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision carries any weight—the only thing that matters is faith working through love."

Clearly and obviously, Paul wrote to the Galatians about => circumcision <= as a (mistaken) means of being justified under the law. It is a serious mistake to distort the Bible's message, even unintentionally.
Let me repeat what I said to JLB.

Question I asked Pastor Curtis:
Bible study question? If the Believer is frustrating grace by their Faith being misplace; by not placing and maintaining their Faith exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified - will grace continue to much more abound over sin in the life of a Believer?

Pastor Curtis answer:
"No sir I do not believe that it will according to Gal 1:6, 5:1-4 and other scriptures. The word “frustrate” means to deny or to set aside. Grace only takes place “through faith”. Grace is God doing something in, for, to or through someone through their faith.

To think we need something other than what God has provided for us in Christ and His Atoning Work at Calvary, is to tell God, “The Cross was not enough.” Until the Church returns to faith in the Cross alone, there will be no repentance granted, for repentance can only take place as one acknowledges the Truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26), which is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified."

Please take heed to what is being said above! 99.9999% believe as you do that Grace flows without Faith in Christ and His Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus."

Everything you added to the scripture, in red is just man’s opinion.

Jesus Christ is our salvation, our eternal life.

Knowing Him; being joined to Him is eternal life.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

Remaining in Christ is remaining in eternal life.

The way we remain in Christ is by obeying Him; obeying His commandments, obeying His doctrine.

If you are not obeying the Lord, and thereby walking according to the Spirit, in which you yourself are practicing righteousness, then you Will not remain in Christ.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

He who practices righteousness is righteous​

• Words of Christ in red —

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

• Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36

• He who does not obey the Son will not see life.

JLB
If Christ is a Law Keeper, than the Believer is a Law Keeper, because I am in Him (Rom. 6:3-5). Faith in Christ and Him Crucified gives the Holy Spirit the legal and only means to keep all Laws and commandments for the Believer that is impossible for the Believer to keep in his own strength and will power (Rom. 8:2, Zechariah 4:6). Any other way I remove myself from Christ (Gal. 1:6 KJV).

If Christ is a Law Keeper, than the Believer is a Law Keeper, because I am in Him (Rom. 6:3-5). Faith in Christ and Him Crucified gives the Holy Spirit the legal and only means to keep all Laws and commandments for the Believer that is impossible for the Believer to keep in his own strength and will power (Rom. 8:2). Any other way I remove myself from Christ (Gal. 1:6).

The Holy Spirit doesn’t keep the commandments FOR the believer.

The believer keeps the commandments by the Spirit, by the power of the Spirit. This is called grace.

JLB

Book, Chapter, and Verse please?

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:13

• if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

JLB

“13 For if you live after the flesh (after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order), you shall die (you will not be able to live a victorious, Christian life): but if you through the Spirit (by the Power of the Holy Spirit) do mortify the deeds of the body (which the Holy Spirit Alone can do), you shall live (shall walk in victory; but once again, even at the risk of being overly repetitive, we must never forget that the Spirit works totally and completely within the confines of the Cross of Christ; this means that we must ever make the Cross the Object of our Faith, giving Him latitude to work).” Rom. 8:13 KJV

“18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (revert back to the Law), I make myself a transgressor. (To revert to any type of Law is a departure from God’s Prescribed Order of Victory [the Cross], and is sin).”Gal. 2:18

Notice what Gal. 2:18 says - If the Believer attempts to live after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order to live for the Lord, you become a transgressor. It is by "Grace" through "Faith" that the "Temple" is built. It is not by works and Law.

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
This material may be protected by copyright.

Last edited:
“13 For if you live after the flesh (after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order), you shall die (you will not be able to live a victorious, Christian life): but if you through the Spirit (by the Power of the Holy Spirit) do mortify the deeds of the body (which the Holy Spirit Alone can do), you shall live (shall walk in victory; but once again, even at the risk of being overly repetitive, we must never forget that the Spirit works totally and completely within the confines of the Cross of Christ; this means that we must ever make the Cross the Object of our Faith, giving Him latitude to work).” Rom. 8:13 KJV

“18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (revert back to the Law), I make myself a transgressor. (To revert to any type of Law is a departure from God’s Prescribed Order of Victory [the Cross], and is sin).”Gal. 2:18

Notice what Gal. 2:18 says - If the Believer attempts to live after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order to live for the Lord, you become a transgressor. It is by "Grace" through "Faith" that the "Temple" is built. It is not by works and Law.

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
This material may be protected by copyright.

All you have here is man made teachings that have been added to scripture.

This is your private interpretation, the works of the flesh is another way of describing sin.

No one is saying we live the Christian life in our own strength.

We as Christians are called to live our lives by the power of the Spirit, not by our own strength.

I gave you chapter and verse that shows we are to obey, we are to put to death the sinful deeds of the flesh, BY THE SPIRIT.

We are to operate by the Spirit.

We are to obey the truth by the Spirit.

• you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever. 1 Peter 1:22-23

JLB

Last edited:
13 For if you live after the flesh (after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order), you shall die (you will not be able to live a victorious, Christian life): but if you through the Spirit (by the Power of the Holy Spirit) do mortify the deeds of the body (which the Holy Spirit Alone can do), you shall live (shall walk in victory; but once again, even at the risk of being overly repetitive, we must never forget that the Spirit works totally and completely within the confines of the Cross of Christ; this means that we must ever make the Cross the Object of our Faith, giving Him latitude to work).” Rom. 8:13 KJV

Paul plainly describes the works of the flesh.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

JLB

We as Christians are called to live our lives by the power of the Spirit, not by our own strength.
If you truly believe this stop halting between two opinions.

You said“ The Holy Spirit doesn’t keep the commandments FOR the believer.

The believer keeps the commandments by the Spirit, by the power of the Spirit. This is called grace.

You said“ The Holy Spirit doesn’t keep the commandments FOR the believer.

Yes. And I gave the scriptures that show it is us expressing the righteous actions of the Spirit, by His power.

JLB

Back