Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 10 Out The Window

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I love the last line: "It took quite a bit of deleting, reinstalling and rebooting," you told me. "But now it works." In other words just to do a simple thing like download his email as well as he could before windows10 was installed (not even to do it better, just to do the same thing) he had to do all this work, not to mention all the effort it took to even find out what to do on top of MS trying to scam him out of $500! (Is there any wonder their initials are the same as those of a terrible disease?) And that's just one simple job: downloading his email. How many more major problems is he going to run into just to get his computer to do the same thing it used to do just fine before the "upgrade"? Remind me again why it is I just can't live without Windoze 10...

I hit one big issue that the MS, not Micro Soft, did not allow me to retain and I contacted the Windows Team through the Insider Site and was made the same 500 dollar offer. As Politely as I could muster it, I told him to please put his offer to rip me off where the sun nevers shines. After considering what "I" had done, I asked God to forgive me and not to let me do that again because I was angry. What ever the issue was, uninstalling, putting win 7 back on, and redoing the Upgrade corrected it.

I was unable to, just, go back to 7 but had to download the iso file and burn a new DVD and do a fresh instsall with Drivers and all but I repaired what they wanted 500 to do. It took me about three hours but better than 150 a hour seems stupid to me.

Oh yeah. My daughter and others are disappointed with the Windows Shell, a.k.a. the menu. the Shell, as they have designed it is better but still horrible! The second or third day I was fed up with the Shell also and looked to see if I could retro it. I found the classic Shell and in short order specifically googled "classic shell windows 10" adn arrived at the download for 4.something.da.da.da and it has options to leave the new windoze star button or to place a sea sgell there or to type what-ever. Then there is the choice of style, it can be run win95, xp, or 7 style. It is a much, much sweeter, to use system with the Classic Shell.

I encourage all to go that route. You only need to double click the downloaded msi or exe, I don't recall, and it will install itself. From there you need to open the window's menu, rest on all programs 'til it give the programs and click to open the Classic Shell Folder and click on the program. Choose what you want and close it. Now click on the Menu Button and you have a real person's window's menu.

I hit one big issue that the MS, not Micro Soft, did not allow me to retain and I contacted the Windows Team through the Insider Site and was made the same 500 dollar offer. As Politely as I could muster it, I told him to please put his offer to rip me off where the sun nevers shines. After considering what "I" had done, I asked God to forgive me and not to let me do that again because I was angry. What ever the issue was, uninstalling, putting win 7 back on, and redoing the Upgrade corrected it.

I was unable to, just, go back to 7 but had to download the iso file and burn a new DVD and do a fresh instsall with Drivers and all but I repaired what they wanted 500 to do. It took me about three hours but better than 150 a hour seems stupid to me.

Oh yeah. My daughter and others are disappointed with the Windows Shell, a.k.a. the menu. the Shell, as they have designed it is better but still horrible! The second or third day I was fed up with the Shell also and looked to see if I could retro it. I found the classic Shell and in short order specifically googled "classic shell windows 10" adn arrived at the download for 4.something.da.da.da and it has options to leave the new windoze star button or to place a sea sgell there or to type what-ever. Then there is the choice of style, it can be run win95, xp, or 7 style. It is a much, much sweeter, to use system with the Classic Shell.

I encourage all to go that route. You only need to double click the downloaded msi or exe, I don't recall, and it will install itself. From there you need to open the window's menu, rest on all programs 'til it give the programs and click to open the Classic Shell Folder and click on the program. Choose what you want and close it. Now click on the Menu Button and you have a real person's window's menu.
And thank God you know how to do all that or where to find out how to do it. Can you imagine the poor person with only a little computer knowledge that mainly just wants to get his email and socialize on forums or balance his checking account? They guy that works 10 or 12 hour days to make ends meet and comes home just wanting to read his email from Aunt Susan then go to bed, without first spending hours and hours trying to fix all this garbage? His computer will be rendered useless unless he pays the $500 extortion fee demanded by MS.

I'm now starting to see how they have planned to make their profits off of giving Win10 away free. Just like a Trojan Horse, give it away as a "free gift", then after the gift is accepted (installed) the bad guys pop out of it, make it so you can't go back to what you had before, and start killing everyone off until everyone else submits to their extortion. :mad Well played, MS, well played. Glad I haven't fallen for it yet but I fear there will be even more deception and strong arm tactics coming in the future that will make things even worse. Our days of enjoyable and productive computer usage that had been provided and revolutionized in a large part by Microsoft I fear have already come to an end. :sad

And thank God you know how to do all that or where to find out how to do it. Can you imagine the poor person with only a little computer knowledge that mainly just wants to get his email and socialize on forums or balance his checking account? They guy that works 10 or 12 hour days to make ends meet and comes home just wanting to read his email from Aunt Susan then go to bed, without first spending hours and hours trying to fix all this garbage? His computer will be rendered useless unless he pays the $500 extortion fee demanded by MS.

I'm now starting to see how they have planned to make their profits off of giving Win10 away free. Just like a Trojan Horse, give it away as a "free gift", then after the gift is accepted (installed) the bad guys pop out of it, make it so you can't go back to what you had before, and start killing everyone off until everyone else submits to their extortion. :mad Well played, MS, well played. Glad I haven't fallen for it yet but I fear there will be even more deception and strong arm tactics coming in the future that will make things even worse. Our days of enjoyable and productive computer usage that had been provided and revolutionized in a large part by Microsoft I fear have already come to an end. :sad
That is true and except for people like Lewis, Tim from PA, me and the other, few White Hat Hacker (MS calls us) the best anyone can hope for is to find a White Hat that has gone into the business such as the lady that runs the Computer Shop just a few miles away from me. Instead of 45 to 60 dollars an hour but she charges 25 so she can pay the bills.

My customers, usually pay me nothing because there is no bill with my work. there used to be four of us but they moved away but to this day, none of us charge but only accept gifts when and if offered. But I have, over the years, since the mid-seventies met some of the most unusual people.

I use Vista Business and I am perfectly happy with that.
I didn't like the look of Windows 8 and I am reluctant to upgrade; I prefer the older versions.

:cries i want windows XP :cries
There is a supported version. Search for windows XP Black. I loaded it, recently for a lady that wanted her XP back and I kept the machine over night, loading software on it and the next morning it update from the people that wrote it, just as if MS were still supporting it.

I still have the tower..
i am thinking it needs some memory bars things clicked in to it...
Fire that rascal up and either right click on My Computer or open the Menu and right click it and select Properties. If you have less than 3.5 gigs of RAM listed there, yes, it needs to have two Two Gig Sticks of RAM to run it's fastest. I loaded the unit, just left, withj the free Version of Comodo because it still covers XP and because it loads, at your discretion, Chrome and in addition to actively checking your files for virus' it makes Chrome into Chromodo, a web safe browser.

Maybe the huh is over Comodo? If so it is one of the top virus protections and they have a free version that is just tough on virus'. The only thing to dislike is it's visable presence on the Desk Top but folks get used to it.

Back