Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women Pastors

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
E

elijah23

Some people argue women shouldn’t teach men. In truth, we all have just one teacher:

But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. Matt 23:8 RSV

I am fifty-nine years old and I can’t remember a single thing, off the top of my head, I’ve learned from my pastors. I learn from the Bible and I learn from the Lord in my daily walk with him.

Use some common sense. We all learn things from each other—the Lord wants it that way—but when we become prideful and call ourselves teachers, then we have sinned.

Women pastors are a blessing. But, then women in general are a blessing. I can't even imagine our Methodist Church without strong Christian women, including pastors.

odd, many a pastors taught me alot.even the one that i dont agree with on end times anymore. hmm go figure.

i could spread it if i pushed it my views on the end of it all but since the leadership is futurist and im not and neither is salvanic. plus they know im amil. i wont bother. i have discussed it with them.

jason, knows that he is too foolish to to be one his own and not under a pastor

I am fifty-nine years old and I can’t remember a single thing, off the top of my head, I’ve learned from my pastors.
I don't know if it's because I got saved, or because I got into a more charismatic, open church that I started actually learning from my pastors. But I myself have surely learned from pastors. One particular pastor is the one who set the compass of the Christian walk in my life--the thing that really matters--and whom I regard as my Father in the faith and my mentor.

I learn from the Bible and I learn from the Lord in my daily walk with him.
There's no question that I've probably learned the most this way, but the inspiration of my brothers and sisters is a big part of that way of learning. I think about things I otherwise would not have thought about because of what others say. I think that's why I like the forums.

Use some common sense. We all learn things from each other—the Lord wants it that way—but when we become prideful and call ourselves teachers, then we have sinned.
I think the point of what Jesus was saying is there is only one teacher. No one thinks of this stuff, or discovers it themselves. It all comes from God via the Holy Spirit. It does not originate with any man's ability and intellect that he can boast in it.

"7 ...who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?" (1 Corinthians 4:7 NIV1984)

It is not wrong for a woman to teach, but in a way that is not to have authority over a man in 1 Timothy 2:12

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Tim 2:11-12 (KJV)

<!--EndFragment--><!--EndFragment-->

It is not wrong for a woman to teach, but in a way that is not to have authority over a man in 1 Timothy 2:12

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Tim 2:11-12 (KJV)

<!--EndFragment--><!--EndFragment-->

1 Timothy 2:11-15 <SUP class=versenum></SUP>Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>For Adam was first formed, then Eve. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

The above refers to "the woman" which is...the church, not individual females. The woman (male and female) does not have authority over "the man." The man is the man child. They are those the Holy Spirit has anointed to teach.

The woman is saved in childbearing...because she/the church gives birth to the man child and they teach her as the Holy Spirit teaches them.
Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne.

1 Timothy 2:11-15 <SUP class=versenum></SUP>Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>For Adam was first formed, then Eve. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

The above refers to "the woman" which is...the church, not individual females. The woman (male and female) does not have authority over "the man." The man is the man child. They are those the Holy Spirit has anointed to teach.

The woman is saved in childbearing...because she/the church gives birth to the man child and they teach her as the Holy Spirit teaches them.
Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne.

Absolutely, I should have made myself more clear and I thank you for clarifying that. :nod

BornAgain

If you don't like women in positions of authority, I'd suggest moving to Iran or Saudi Arabia where women are stoned to death for showing their faces in public. Problem solved, God will be so happy.

so a man who is married to one wife doesnt apply? in regard to being a bishop?

my demonation allows women to pastor but not to be a bishop.

If you don't like women in positions of authority, I'd suggest moving to Iran or Saudi Arabia where women are stoned to death for showing their faces in public. Problem solved, God will be so happy.

That is not what the scripture says or what it refers to.

Most people here don't know or care what the scripture says or what it refers to. They see a chance to bash women and assert male dominance and they take it.

I don't know where "here" is that you are refering to or who most people are....we are 2 women discussing scripture, not to bash anybody or assert anything. I teach Sunday school from time to time, I don't have a problem with women teaching. Re-read the post.

Not even if the woman was called by God to do so? Interesting denomination, that makes rules even for God to follow.
so god calls women to sin?or do you believe that lesbians should be a pastor?. a bishop must be a man of one wife? hmm are women men these days?

for the record i have found whenever(per dora and reba) that when women lead they tend to go the way of whacky and heretical to the point of the elca which ordains gays.

the exeception is my demonation and my old church that is lead by woman.

so god calls women to sin?or do you believe that lesbians should be a pastor?. a bishop must be a man of one wife? hmm are women men these days?

for the record i have found whenever(per dora and reba) that when women lead they tend to go the way of whacky and heretical to the point of the elca which ordains gays.

the exeception is my demonation and my old church that is lead by woman.

God does not call anyone to sin. Being a female is not a sin, and obeying God's command to share the Gospel is not a sin. So a woman teaching the Gospel is not a sin.

God does not call anyone to sin. Being a female is not a sin, and obeying God's command to share the Gospel is not a sin. So a woman teaching the Gospel is not a sin.

so lets exchange the words of the bible as you say

<SUP class=versenum>12 </SUP>Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

btw deacons dont teach in my church they lead and run the districts. a pastor and teacher in my church can be women. had you read what i said then you would have seen that.

now then your version

let the deaconesses be the husband of one wife, ruling their children own houses well.
in that time men were and are charged to lead the home. unless think my wife should run the roost and i follow. even joyce meyer and my former FEMALE pastor doesnt teach that.

that is why my church said no to women being bishops, in context that implies lesbians., well duh it means they cant its that clear. a pastor isnt a deacon. theres a difference.

so a man who is married to one wife doesnt apply? in regard to being a bishop?

my demonation allows women to pastor but not to be a bishop.

What does married to one wife have to do with teaching?

The bible teaches a women is not to usurp authority over the man, which simply means a women CAN teach, she can even teach a man as long as she does not usurp authority over him or in other words if a man is present and more learned than she, she is to relent and let him teach...

1 Timothy 2:11-12 (KJV) <sup>11 </sup> Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. <sup>12 </sup> But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Many women teach bible classes to children, have taught men less knowing of the scripture (even in the bible)...

But a teacher knows her students, does your woman Pastor know for sure everyone in her audience is less knowing than she?

And one more important point, did you know that the Pastor and the Bishop are the same office?:

Acts 20:28 (KJV) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

well since you went there.

define according ancient judaism and the ecfs and the greco-roman world what was the age of consent? and adulthood. hints its not 18.

if that is the case then well my mom cant teach me when i was under 18 and over that age you are to tell me, and i know a pastor who teaches his church that the age of manhood and womenhood is that age. i agree and i intend to do that with my kids in my house and no they wont violate laws just that i will ease responsilities on them treat them as such.

finally any mother in the west well does have authority over those adults that are in her house if you take the way it was done then and apply today. hmm

imagine that you just contracted yourself on that big time.

Now that's not nice, that would be as bad as if I told you to go dig up Sodom and Gomorrah and repopulate it :shame

Back