Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

• 1. YES. God yes! We are at war with theses heathens and need to root out the ideologies of this fals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Banning books is the first step toward burning books. Burning books is the first step toward burning people.

Yep-16th Century evidence to prove that. I'm not for burning their beloved book, but; I am against it's possibly infiltration into the schools whereby it may at some point be taught as an "alternative" to the bible. This country was founded on the principles of Christianity of which the Koran is anything but Christian. Let that get into the schools and where does it end? What comes next...Wicca? This is a free country but, we don't have the freedom to kill and with the Koran comes a destroying of the minds of those not yet taught and grounded in God's word. Too many parents don't take their kids to church or even go themselves and could care less what their kids learn in school. Todays kids are the leaders and teachers of tomorrow and it does make a difference what they're exposed to.

Taking the Koran away would only excite Muslims more, by Christians doing certain things like that it only pushes ppl away from God.As a matter of Fact God created a world of choices to support our free will, there is no true free will if there isn't more than one option.Let ppl read it , don't ban it but let them decide what they believe the truth to be, eventually if we act the way we're supposed to as Christians , as beacons , these ppl will see Christ.

itoldyounoalready said:
Taking the Koran away would only excite Muslims more, by Christians doing certain things like that it only pushes ppl away from God.As a matter of Fact God created a world of choices to support our free will, there is no true free will if there isn't more than one option.Let ppl read it , don't ban it but let them decide what they believe the truth to be, eventually if we act the way we're supposed to as Christians , as beacons , these ppl will see Christ.

So as far as banning the Koran is concerned utoldusnoalready.

Sorry if the other parts of my statement seemed extraneous, I just felt ssomewhat upset that someone would propose to actually infringe upon someone else's religious rights.

itoldyounoalready said:
Sorry if the other parts of my statement seemed extraneous, I just felt ssomewhat upset that someone would propose to actually infringe upon someone else's religious rights.

Actually rather than finding it extraneous I thought your statement was very intrinsic and pertinent.

You were simply being truculent in your presentation as the issue demanded an aggressive response. :lol:

Actually rather than finding it extraneous I thought your statement was very intrinsic and pertinent.

You were simply being truculent in your presentation as the issue demanded an aggressive response.

cc-ayecarumba.gif

What's that supposed to mean? Are you expressing disatisfaction with my statement, if so there are better ways to display your objections, you could start by explaining what's wrong with my statement.

NOTW said:
This is a christian nation, from day one it was a christian nation. While i myself welcome all walks of life and different faiths, the koran imho is the religion of SATAN himself. Just my opinion and remember, all things work for the glory of God!

Wait... if all things work for the glory of God, then doesn't Satan work for the glory of God as well?

NOTW wrote:
This is a christian nation, from day one it was a christian nation. While i myself welcome all walks of life and different faiths, the koran imho is the religion of SATAN himself. Just my opinion and remember, all things work for the glory of God!

Actually no, our founding father's were not exactly Christians many were what ppl would consider Unitarians or had their own philosophies about religion all together, e.g. Thomas Jefferson ,Ben Franklin, but their ideas for democracy did work out such that freedom of religon and religious rights was available.Also, what makes you believe that islam is the religion of Satan.

Wait... if all things work for the glory of God, then doesn't Satan work for the glory of God as well?

If you look at Job than yes he does!

NOTW said:

http://www.carm.org/cut/islam.htm

PS- YES
PPS- Moderator, you do now :wink:

I agree with you 100%, NOTW.

Banning the Koran.

Now, I'm assuming this would be enforced by the police.

The power of the police coming from their capacity for legal violence and murder.

I'm not sure that this is what Jesus had in mind for his teachings, that they would be supported by violence and tyranny.

If it is perceived that the Koran is offering some harm and offense, wouldn't this fall under turning the other cheek? It doesn't express a great deal of faith in God and reliance on his grace to take matters into our hands so violently. In fact, it rather smacks of arrogance on our part and a desire to exalt ourselves rather than God. Perhaps it would be more pleasing to Him if we strived harder to be meek and reliant on Him.

Matthew 7:22/23 said:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you

[/quote]

I will be glad when Jesus returns and bans all evil. :biggrin

PS I did not vote because the answers were loaded as are most of Soma-Sight's polls.

Shinto said:
If it is perceived that the Koran is offering some harm and offense, wouldn't this fall under turning the other cheek? It doesn't express a great deal of faith in God and reliance on his grace to take matters into our hands so violently. In fact, it rather smacks of arrogance on our part and a desire to exalt ourselves rather than God. Perhaps it would be more pleasing to Him if we strived harder to be meek and reliant on Him.

Jesus said we would know false prophets "by their fruits." The fruits of Muhammad are rotten.

What we need to do is expose those fruits.

For a long time, the Hadith were not available to all except in Arabic. They tell of the death and murder and deceit caused by Muhammad and his followers. Muhammad's "fruit" show who he really was.

:o

Gary said:
Shinto said:

Jesus said we would know false prophets "by their fruits." The fruits of Muhammad are rotten.

For a long time, the Hadith were not available to all except in Arabic. They tell of the death and murder and deceit caused by Muhammad and his followers. Muhammad's "fruit" show who he really was.

What murder and deceit was that specifically?

Shinto said:
Gary said:
Shinto said:

What murder and deceit was that specifically?

Muhammad and the Murder of Abu Afak
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/abu-afak.htm

Muhammad and the Murder of Asma bint Marwan
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/asma.htm

The Deception and Murder of Kab al-Ashraf
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/ashraf.htm

Muhammad and the Death of Kinana
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/kinana.htm

Muhammad and the Death of the Uraynians
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/shepherds.htm

Muhammad and the Killing of Apostates
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/apostasy.htm