Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

Would you be in support of banning the Koran in the USA?

• 1. YES. God yes! We are at war with theses heathens and need to root out the ideologies of this fals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So you feel Mohammed and the early Muslims were wrong on principle to silence those who spoke against their teaching by using violence?

In the 5 minutes that it took you to reply, you could not possible have read through all the sites I presented to you.

I ask again.... Were you unaware of these events?

:)

Gary said:
In the 5 minutes that it took you to reply, you could not possible have read through all the sites I presented to you.

I was aware of the violence that accompanied Mohammed's mission, yes. I read the first three links. Once I understood what you were referencing I moved on.

The funny thing though is that you did not answer my post.

Shinto said:
So you feel Mohammed and the early Muslims were wrong on principle to silence those who spoke against their teaching by using violence?

Shinto said:
Gary said:

I was aware of the violence that accompanied Mohammed's mission, yes. I read the first three links. Once I understood what you were referencing I moved on.

Were you aware of all the incidents that I referenced? If so, why did you ask: What murder and deceit was that specifically?

Do you consider Muhammad's acts in the 8 examples I sited as "murder and deceit"?

Gary said:
Shinto said:
Gary said:

Were you aware of all the incidents that I referenced? If so, why did you ask: What murder and deceit was that specifically?

Do you consider Muhammad's acts in the 8 examples I sited as "murder and deceit"?

I asked because I've noticed that it is best to fully understand where strangers on the internet are coming from, otherwise a lot of time is wasted.

You are still avoiding answering my question.

It seems to me that you want very badly to discuss the evils of Islam. But I want to discuss your desire to ban the Koran.

Since this thread is titled "Would you support the banning of the Koran in the USA?" perhaps you should answer my question.

IF you had read my first post, you would have understood that I do not support banning the Quran. I said:

Gary said:
Expose the Quran by the light of the Bible and the Gospel.

Expose Muhammad by the example of Jesus.
That is exactly what I have done and will continue to do.

You wanted specifics of Muhammad's "murders and deceit."

I have given them.

So do you now agree that
  • (1) Muhammad murdered
    (2) Muhammad encouraged his followers to be deceitful?

Gary said:
You wanted specifics of Muhammad's "murders and deceit."

No, I just wanted to know exactly what you were refering to when you mentioned it. I scarcely know you after all. I wasn't interested in the topic in itself particularly.

Gary said:
So do you now agree that
  • (1) Muhammad murdered
    (2) Muhammad encouraged his followers to be deceitful?

No, not really Gary. At least not as you see it. I'm afraid you haven't been very persuasive. Maybe it was the bias of the citations, maybe it was the lack of scholarly research and context, maybe it was the hostility of your :) . Better luck in the future.

I'm happy to hear that you don't support censorship though.

By the way, we agree on one thing. I also agree that citations from the Quran and the Hadith are not "scholarly research".... There is nothing "scholary" about either.

:biggrin

Gary said:
By the way, we agree on one thing. I also agree that citations from the Quran and the Hadith are not "scholarly research".... There is nothing "scholary" about either.

:biggrin

. . . .

Yeah.

Night Gary.

Note the bold.

Soma-Sight said:
With the knowledge that the true Christian posseses about the satanic inspiration of the Koran...
No.

As well as the empirical evidence of suicidal bombers and other evil "fruits" of this false empire...
No.

A true Christian would not want the minds of the sheep to be influenced by this demonic book.... this is quite clear when talking to any hardcore Baptist... So really isnt it the GODLY thing to do in this country?
No.

NOTW said:
This is a christian nation, from day one it was a christian nation.
No.

While i myself welcome all walks of life and different faiths, the koran imho is the religion of SATAN himself.
No. Christ but you're retarded.

Soma-Sight said:
I think one way to look at it if you believe very strongly in the Word of God as the Bible only is as follows....

The inspiration of the Koran IS NOT the Holy Spirit or of Christ....

The same can be said of the Satanic Bible by Levay (not sure if I spelled that right Levay Levey...????)......

So really if you are a believer in the BIBLE ALONE than it can be deduced that....

The Koran = Satanic bible (or the equivalent ultimate consequence)
1: Elipses are not necessary after every sentence.
2: No.

Hey Salvation 122....

Note the bold.

Soma-Sight wrote:
With the knowledge that the true Christian posseses about the satanic inspiration of the Koran...

No.

If ANY other Gospel is given to you even from an Angel on High Paul says that he is to be CONDEMNED!

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Quote:
As well as the empirical evidence of suicidal bombers and other evil "fruits" of this false empire...

No.

I think our Senior Board member GARY might let you know how much BAD FRUIT Islam has it....

Suicide Bombers and the degredation of human rights.....

Quote:
A true Christian would not want the minds of the sheep to be influenced by this demonic book.... this is quite clear when talking to any hardcore Baptist... So really isnt it the GODLY thing to do in this country?

No.

The Quran is leading people from the TRUE GOSPEL of CHRIST so why should it be tolerated on our home soil????

NOTW wrote:
This is a christian nation, from day one it was a christian nation.

No.

Jamestown may have been settled for monetary gain but PLYMOUTH and all the northern colonies were founded for RELIGIOUS REPRESSION and PURITAN IDEALS.....

If you were a Muslim rolling up to town you would be lynched in those day....

PERIOD!

Soma-Sight wrote:
I think one way to look at it if you believe very strongly in the Word of God as the Bible only is as follows....

The inspiration of the Koran IS NOT the Holy Spirit or of Christ....

The same can be said of the Satanic Bible by Levay (not sure if I spelled that right Levay Levey...????)......

So really if you are a believer in the BIBLE ALONE than it can be deduced that....

The Koran = Satanic bible (or the equivalent ultimate consequence)

1: Elipses are not necessary after every sentence.
2: No.

What is the differential between the fruits of Satan and the fruits of Islam???

Soma-Sight said:
Jamestown may have been settled for monetary gain but PLYMOUTH and all the northern colonies were founded for RELIGIOUS REPRESSION and PURITAN IDEALS.....

And after the Salem Witch Trial hysteria Puritan rule gradually fell out of favor.

Soma, things that the government does are predicated on the threat of violence. That's why religion shouldn't mix itself with worldly things like government. Threatening to do violence to people who don't agree with you doesn't strike me as particularly Christian.

In fact, that is one of the things that has been pointed to as proof of Mohammed's malevolence.

PHIL121 said:
Once you start banning books, you're on the slippery slope to justifying genocide.

Not only genocide, but more important, one-sided education. Look at the poor ignorant Ruskies and the impact state controlled education and public learning has contributed to their damaged society.

No, banning the book or religion is NOT the answer. I've got the answer for you, but no one will want to hear it.

Their BIGGEST problem with us is that they see us as un-Godly people. We 'talk' about God, but 'do' little else other than allow our Government 'free reign' in it's treatment of those that they choose to take advantage of. These people are often devout in their religious walk and see our utter 'lack' of piety as sacrilege.

The answer would be to 'show' them that we believe in God as much as they. Return to values of the past and not only 'talk' about God, but 'act' like God fearing people. This would go a long way in proving to these people that we accept and follow God. Otherwise, their religion teaches that those that follow the world, (infidels), are fair game and have no right to inherit ANYTHING that God has to offer His children.

Do you think that destroying their country is the 'right' way to show them how we really feel. I mean Sodam was a nasty dictator, but these people had lived with this for many years and in all honesty, they are use to this kind of treatment. It seems horrible to us viewing it in on our big-screen TV in our nicely decorated living rooms, but who are we to judge how someone with a completely different set of standards and morals lives out their lives?

If I were one of these people I would probably be 'blowing up' the invaders at just as rapid a pace as they are. Mark my words folks, As soon as we no longer occupy this country, they will return to something VERY similar to the way they lived before.

If our countries politician/s, (Bush), would leave these people alone we wouldn't be in the position we're in right now, worrying about how to deal with 'them'. The difference between now and thirty years ago is that now they have seen our treatment of those in their world and now they have the money, (through oil), to 'hit back'.

Obviously the majority of this country has bought into the lies that have been fed to them from politicians and media. Ben's purpose in attacking America wasn't 'just to kill people'. He was hoping that it would bring their problems with America into view and that the American people themselves would become responsible for the actions of it's government. We do teach the world that America is 'we the people' right. They thought that by striking fear in our hearts that we would begin to face up to the 'truth' of how the actions of our government have affected their people and they are tired of it and will 'sit and watch it' no more.

If you good folks remember, Bush looked us in the eyes on national television and lied to our faces when he stated that Afganistan and Iraq were the attackers of 7-11. So, those that were so gung-ho to agree with him in attacking these countries have caused MUCH more damage than ole Ben did on 9-11. When the final death toll is available, I believe that we probably murdered people that were innocent of this attack on America to the tune of probably 20 or 30 to one.

And you know folks, God looks into our hearts and knows why we do and say the things that we do. He not only judges the wicked, he also judges those that take part in the evil that they do.

Hey, I'm new here...first post.

I'm not going to go deep into comparing Islam with Christianity and such because I've been reading through it all on this thread and now my head is spinning. So I'll give my opinion on that matter later.

I just thought I'd answer the question. Do I support banning the Qur'an in the US? Absolutely not. I don't believe in the banning of anything. I believe people have brains, and they have the right to read whatever they want and make their own decisions on them.

By the way, that poll had two very loaded and biased questions, which isn't fair poll. Just so you know. (Needless to say, I didn't answer it.)

I voted, "No," because once you eliminate the freedom of religion, then what's next? Freedom of speech? Freedom of assembly? Press? I'd love it if there were no non-Christians, but there's nothing we can do about it. They'll answer to God on the Day of Judgment.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/leah.html said:
I started praying to God to show me if the Muslim faith was the truth and soon after that I began to have strange dreams. In one of these dreams I saw some Christians standing in line to get into Heaven. I tried to get into this line also, but a very tall being blocked my path and I started to cry because the side I was on was really horrible but the side they were on was a beautiful place, so beautiful, so blue.

The best way to show the invalidity of a religion is to start at its story of creation.

Gary said:
Expose the Quran by the light of the Bible and the Gospel.

Expose Muhammad by the example of Jesus.

What would Joshua had done if he used the example of Christ while entering the promised land?

Think about it...it is the same thing....

Islam just as the false religions in the land are an abomination to God...what did God require Joshua to do?

Banning the book is the least the US should do....Was not the US a safer place to be in 30 years ago? Islam and radical Islam were not a threat to us then....what has happened since then? Religious tolerance....sorry but that's what happened.

What would Joshua had done if he used the example of Christ while entering the promised land?

Think about it...it is the same thing....

Islam just as the false religions in the land are an abomination to God...what did God require Joshua to do?

Banning the book is the least the US should do....Was not the US a safer place to be in 30 years ago? Islam and radical Islam were not a threat to us then....what has happened since then? Religious tolerance....sorry but that's what happened.

Theists hate to admit it but the Biblegod of the OT is a vengeful and angry God.

If Moses was subjected to the likes of the Bhagavad Gita or the Rig Veda of the Hindus I bet God would order it BURNED and anyone in posession of it KILLED.

How is the Koran of today any different to the Fundamentalist mindset?

Soma-Sight said:
Theists hate to admit it but the Biblegod of the OT is a vengeful and angry God.

Maybe you should cite your examples so I can show you the justification.

One example would be the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha, or the Flood, but those were because of people's wickedness. You might say that He should reserve judgment for them, but He was preparing for the Covenant with Abraham.

If Moses was subjected to the likes of the Bhagavad Gita or the Rig Veda of the Hindus I bet God would order it BURNED and anyone in posession of it KILLED.

How is the Koran of today any different to the Fundamentalist mindset?

Islam is a religion of war:

Quran 9:5, etc.

Are you an atheist? I would guess so. Do not deceive yourself thinking that all the 'smart' kids do it.

Are you an atheist? I would guess so. Do not deceive yourself thinking that all the 'smart' kids do it.

Not quite....

First of all the Bible is not God. I hope you can recognize this fact.

Here is some good verses to justify from the OT.

Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Murderer of Innocent

1st Samuel 15: 2,3 RSV

2 Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way, when they came up out of Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.'"

Smashing the Heads of Infants Onto Rocks
Psalm 137: 7-9 RSV

7 Remember, O LORD, against the Edomites the day of Jerusalem, how they said, "Raze it, raze it! Down to its foundations!"

8 O daughter of Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall he be who requites you with what you have done to us!

9 Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Back