Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your Favorite Drummer or Guitarist

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What? No Phil Keaggy? Or Jimi Hendrix?

IMO the most influential guitarist is Andre Segovia. He took a folk instrument (despised by the Classical music listeners) and developed a classical technique, transcribed lute and other classical works and made the guitar accepted by the classical audience.

I dont know too much about musuc in general im not even a musician, well muck around with a few chords on guitar but dont really know what im doing or much about music theory so i cant really judge but i mean therr is so many good musicians i dont think anyine can really place a top 10 as all the different syles and technique and rythems and dofferent genres. And there is lead and rythem guiate so what makes one any better than the other?. Strummjng, picking.

Its like saying was Jimi Hendrix a better accustic player and picker than Lindsay Buckingham. I doubt it.

Electric or accoustiç?. Each musician there own greatness. As oong as they having a good time playing and your having a good time listeting thats all that matters.

its just everyone to there own favourites. I guess thats why this thread says favourite drummer and guitarist and not thw greatest in geheral but then all our favourites are who we think are the greatest.

I change my favourites all the time, every band i listen too at a specific time if im enjoying it they my favorite.

Last edited:
And the greatest come out of others and inspired. I mean little richard has to be the legend for all rock music, it basically come out of him, and he would have been inspired by someone else.

Music is like a seed growing into a plant with many branches. Its great.

What about rap. Might not like rap music but this is where rap music started and where it originated and grew from.These guys.

Last edited:
Everyone says Jimi Hendrix, even he was amazing in every way hes been overrated and placed on a pedistal bevause Hendrix is always mentioned as the grestest or one of the greatest so i didnt add him. He can be humbled for once. Lol.
Hendrix was a great innovator. No one has been able to match his playing even 50 years after his death.

Story from an insider: He was killed by the devil. This was told to me from someone who was in Derek Prince's organization in the early 1970s. Apparently in either late 1968 or early 69 he became aware of being under the influence of demons. His girlfriend at the time had a grandmother who was a voodo priestess so he went to her to have the demon(s) removed, to no avail. So he started calling around to christian evangelists and faith healers, and no one wanted anything to do with him. Eventually he called Derek Prince who agreed to meet with him, but they had a difficult time trying to coordinate their schedules. Finally it came down to them meeting right after Hendrix's european tour in September 1970. But on the final night before returning to the States, he died of a drug overdose.
Can you imagine what a saved sanctified and delivered Jimi Hendrix would have done? Spreading the Gospel instead of drugs and blown minds to the mass audience he already had?

My favorite guitarist is Gary Joey. My favorite guitar solo is Ted Nugent on Stranglehold. My favorite drum solo is from Inagoddadavida by Iron Butterfly. Hope my memory served me......lol.

I love the 80s and i just randomly seen simple minds is coming for a visit. I have to go. I love simple minds. I havent been to a concert in years, i would have missed heaps of good shows and artists. Bands are always touring but im always too lazy to find out who and when and where.

No way, i decided to look at some upcoming tours and dang Steve Vai is playing. Im going. Hes like one of the greatest guitarists ever.

Last edited:
So enjoy anyway....

There is a few bands i can see in the next coople months. Its crazy. Aside from Simple Minds and Steve vai, there is also Def Lepard and Motley Crue, Foo Fighters, Incubus, Robbie Williams. I think i might go to them all. Im going to have a couple months of catching up and just going to shows and having a good time.

Chad Smith. RHCP. For someone to be a good player is one thing, but when its your own beat thats always another level, good players can cover someone else music, but masters are the original. Some players are underrated. Hes the original playing his own.

Everyone knows deep in their hearts that the drums are the coolest instrument and that a band is only as good as its drummer. Lol.

I mean chad smith would be one of the greatest drummers ij the world, and flea is one of the greatest bass players ever, probably one of best in the world.

I mean RHCP would have be one of the greatest bands ever.

Last edited:
Hey All,
For drummer, what about Buddy James?
He was "the man" when it came to jass drummer in the 1950-1960s. He could almost make the drums sing.

For guitar, I am surprised nobody has mentioned Roy Clark. His genre was mainly country. But he was named the best guitar player in the world. He could play anything including classical pieces. Google him and listen to his music.
I know he could play mandolin and fiddle as well.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Back