Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your Opinion- worst false doctrine

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The worst ?

To keep it simple :

Those who hold to false doctrines claiming that they are not false.

How is that for simplicity ? :biggrin

freeway said:
Another, in the end everyone gets a free pass to eternal life in heaven, :screwloose Then why did Jesus die?

Jesus died so everyone gets a free pass.

happyjoy said:
freeway said:
Another, in the end everyone gets a free pass to eternal life in heaven, :screwloose Then why did Jesus die?

Jesus died so everyone gets a free pass.

Nope! He died for everyone, but those who do not accept His offer of Life will perish. Not everyone gets a free pass. This is a horrible false doctrine.

Happyjoy, how do you know He died? That goes hand in hand with "How does happyjoy know what Jesus said?", since happyjoy rejects the Bible???

mjjcb said:
Happyjoy, how do you know He died?

He lived 2000 years ago, and I don't see him walking around. So indeed I guess I can't prove Jesus is Dead.

happyjoy said:
mjjcb said:
Happyjoy, how do you know He died?

He lived 2000 years ago, and I don't see him walking around. So indeed I guess I can't prove Jesus is Dead.

I know this is insanity and delusion to you, but I know He isn't dead, having ascended to Heaven.

You said you don't believe the Bible, but you're a Christian because you believe what Jesus said. So, happyjoy, here's a question for you: How do you know what Jesus said? :shrug

C'mon folks, lets keep it on topic and civil. Start a new thread if you want to discuss the intricacies of the doctrines mentioned, this is General Talk not Apologetics and Theology.

Also this idea that we have to accept Jesus rather than the Father accepting the sacrifice of our own lives. Oh yeah, and this personal saviour thing. A private Jesus of your very own. Who comes up with this stuff????

jasoncran said:
not the worst, but i wanted to mention this.
that we christians will stay in heaven forever.

This doesn't seem doctrinal but maybe a misunderstanding of their own. Like they really haven't thought it through. However, if we are in the presence of God when the new Jerusalem is established, wouldn't that be "heaven" on earth.

Sorry I got off topic earlier yet again. It requires all my strength to dismiss the impulse to react when I see something whack, IMO. But I need to. Bad me! :chair

it would be in a sense, but we have new fleshly immortal bodies. as heaven men have no flesh but are spirits.

it is easy to grasp what the end of it all will be and the new earth will be and new heavean. as no one really knows, just like the beggining of the creation.

if you have followed my debate with seek and listen you will see that. i dont accept evolution as reconcilable with the bible.

its very fuzzy if done.

ya i didnt count the rcc doctrines in this because most of us agree there, and there seems to be far fewer catholics in the board so why spend all day just going through all those ones lol.

all in all i think this is going well so far! and I agree with most of the posts even though they dont take my #1 place.

I was thinking on this today, the thing is about false doctrines is yes they are false and that is bad, but to believe and love a false doctrine means not just that you dont believe the truth in that area- but that you HATE the truth in that area. that is scary stuff- to hate the truth and love a lie.

GodspromisesRyes said:
ya i didnt count the rcc doctrines in this because most of us agree there, and there seems to be far fewer catholics in the board so why spend all day just going through all those ones lol.

all in all i think this is going well so far! and I agree with most of the posts even though they dont take my #1 place.

I was thinking on this today, the thing is about false doctrines is yes they are false and that is bad, but to believe and love a false doctrine means not just that you dont believe the truth in that area- but that you HATE the truth in that area. that is scary stuff- to hate the truth and love a lie.
Yes a very scary thought.

Back