Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Ã‚±

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: Planet Formations, etc.

Why so complicated? Isn't it mostly ordinary gravity which is responsible for the composition of the accretion disk around a proto-sun?

I'm looking forward to your explanation how dark matter and dark energy affect this though.

C 4 C said:
jwu said:
Shouldn't gravity be taken into the picture?
Only if you're referring to the gravitational effect(s) which Dark Matter & Dark Energy exhibits on elemental matter contained within a vacuum & at -0 gravity.

lol What?

I'm still waiting for your explanation on how dark matter and dark energy affect planet formation. What would be different if they weren't at work?

I have read it but found it lacking in specific information.

Please just explain what would be different about the earth if no dark matter/dark energy had influenced its formation.

That has nothing to do with my question, i don't see how the periodic table or entropy is supposed to play into this.

And please, use less parentheses. They make your posts extremely difficult to read.

C 4 C said:
Jayls5, logically & analytically I am assuming that you know (intellectually & scientifically, it's a common consensus) about how the (postive (±) negative) Gravitional effects of Dark Matter & Dark Energy essentially played pivital parts within the Big Bang, but if you're (currently) not aware of these facts (& desire to acquisition an adeptly cognizant knowledge in the subject(s) I also implore you to thoroughly study the Periodic Table & Entopy too.

You said a lot, but you really don't answer my question... and you copied the same thing to the person who also wanted to know.

I know about the periodic table and basic conceptions of entropy and the laws of thermodynamics, and I fail to see how this has anything to do with explaining in detail your statement:
"Only if you're referring to the gravitational effect(s) which Dark Matter & Dark Energy exhibits on elemental matter contained within a vacuum & at -0 gravity."

I originally laughed at this comment because you said the "gravitational effects" then you said there was no gravity. Also, what is -0? It sounds a bit redundant... don't you mean 0?

You haven't outlined any scenario in about what the earth would look like without dark matter and energy, so you missed the topic. F.

What is your background in physics, if you call me inept? An easy one: If superman flies at a speed of 0.98c, at which factor does the progress of time on earth change in his observation?

Another easy one: If i align a capacitor and a coil behind each other and apply an alternating current, what happens?

C 4 C said:
What determines the mass & the elemental composition of planets?

Entropy & Heat.

Which the element (atom) bond energy, (valency number) proximity to heat causes it to gain (electromagnetically attract other atoms), or loss weight (electromagnetically repel other atoms), etc.
  • Example of a "increase of entropy":

ICE (a solid) -to- WATER (a liquid) -to- STEAM (a gas).

[/*:m:1885b]
  • Example of a "decrease of entropy":

STEAM (a gas) -to- WATER (a liquid) -to- ICE (a solid).[/*:m:1885b]

The process above is determined by (increasing, or decreasing of) entropy & heat.

The (atom) element(s) proximity to heat determines the (bond energy &) which element(s) (valency number) will be able to coalesce, etc.

In Matthew 24, Jesus tells us that the stars will fall from the sky. I highly doubt that only the planets will stay up there. :lol: So I see stars and planets as synonymous. And since no scientist has ever visited a star, they can't prove they're different from planets. I acknowledge that my belief is only a theory. But I'll stick with it since scientists haven't shown their infallibility the way Jesus has. :)

So I see stars and planets as synonymous. And since no scientist has ever visited a star, they can't prove they're different from planets.
There we go again...i'll make a thread about this.

jwu said:
So I see stars and planets as synonymous. And since no scientist has ever visited a star, they can't prove they're different from planets.
There we go again...i'll make a thread about this.

Oh you can post what scientists see from their telescopes. But that's all you can post because none of them have ever visited a star. But I know you want to get away from answering unanswered questions about evolution, so I'm sure you're eager to start a thread on this. :) But one thing I do know; you don't know more than Jesus does so you're only going to look like a fool in the end. Sorry. :roll:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back