Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] “Sharp Rise” in Transgender Young People

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is there room for the possibility for it to be a human endeavor? One where certain powers that be are pushing over-the-top propaganda about it all with the intent and understanding that this process will indeed leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths about the entire ordeal?

I'm saying this with the basic understanding that "predictive programming"/"normalization" function the opposite of the surface intention of promotion. A sort of reverse psychology for mobs type thing.
Sure, I think there may be that aspect to it. Having now lived 72 years, I'm simply bewildered at the pace at which a 180-degree shift in public views and morals has occurred over the past few decades. It's as though some "depravity virus" has infected huge swaths of the population, and I can only explain it in supernatural terms. It's simply unbelievable to me that anyone holds the views that very large segments of the population (some older than me) now seem to hold. I feel as though I've stumbled into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Last edited:
The problem is, by treating the phenomenon as genuine, adults who should know better are encouraging these confused young people to do things they will regret the rest of their lives.
This is a real concern. There are some people who aren't going to change. But as research says, gender dysphoria is a temporary matter for some young people. I'd hold off any non-reversable steps until they are adults.

Sure, I think there may be that aspect to it. Having now lived 72 years, I'm simply bewildered at the pace at which a 180-degree shift in public views and morals has occurred over the past few decades.
It's like the homosexual issue. At some point, most Americans decided that unless a person bothers children or adult people who don't want to be bothered, their sexual behavior is their own business. A definite improvement in public morals.

I figure it's between them and God. Of course, I grew up in Iowa. As the Little Old Lady from Dubuque once remarked, "we don't care what other people do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and scare the horses."

Back