Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] A big, big step forward...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
me, yet again.

I -might- have found a good church. Note -might-, because...I'm stigmatized, something of a pariah, etc. I was heckled more than once by people at the semilocal megachurch, rejected by church people while living out of state, etc., so...yeah. Happens, I guess. For whatever reason, I seem to have especially bad luck w/ Southern Baptists.

Anyway, this place is officially non-denominational, but the beliefs are basically Penteocstal. Large(ish), but not a megachurch. Also big enough so I can slip in and out, and I doubt I"ll be mobbed by well-meaning church people.

My mama asked me about it last night, while dad was making dinner. Good times. He'll take me, definitely. Go with me, I should say. And she might end up going, too, although...she's big on her left wing/progressive version of Calvinism, so I kinda sorta doubt it (a lot..).

I'm filing this one under "Praise Report" because...well, now I -can- go to church. Now, my dad -will- go with me to a church that isn't that megachurch place. Now, The Lord has saved (is saving, I pray will save) me and changed me so much that...my parents and I have quiet dinners, they keep tabs on my life, they see that I can do things with life, as who I am and who I am becoming in Christ, and...yeah. Good, good stuff, brought to me (and my family) by Christ.

I do hope it works out nicely. But...then again...if I roll into a church and get the (mis)treatment I got at other places, in years past...probably time to move on and look elsewhere, right? Right. What's that saying...when someone shows you who they really are, believe them. Something like that, anyway.

OK. :) Praise God for His goodness!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back