Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A God in my head

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WarZero

I have concerns about a God who can access my mind 24/7 To me that would be a breach of my privacy, and I don't believe an inch that a real God would do that.

The thought of anyone reading my mind without permission is a frightening concept. It doesn't matter if a God can do that, it shouldn't unless I permit it.

Then it's even more scary to think that in heaven you will live with this God in your head for all eternity.

Yes, frightening.

I have concerns about a God who can access my mind 24/7 To me that would be a breach of my privacy, and I don't believe an inch that a real God would do that.

The thought of anyone reading my mind without permission is a frightening concept. It doesn't matter if a God can do that, it shouldn't unless I permit it.

Then it's even more scary to think that in heaven you will live with this God in your head for all eternity.

Yes, frightening.

God made us so he already knows how messed up we are.

Last edited:
Let me just tell you my thoughts here. Sure, I know what you're saying to an extant, you want your privacy, but let me just assure you that God is definitely not out to get you. Also, I'm sure that He respects you and gives you privacy when you need it like taking a shower or using the bathroom. But I find that God isn't reading your thoughts because He is looking for all the negative in them, He is reading them so that He can learn to understand them more. However, since you don't want a relationship with Him at all, it's pretty much useless of me telling you that. It's sad really, somebody loves you that much and yet you don't wanot anything to do with them and it's the one thing that comforts me and keeps me going.

Let me just tell you my thoughts here. Sure, I know what you're saying to an extant, you want your privacy, but let me just assure you that God is definitely not out to get you. Also, I'm sure that He respects you and gives you privacy when you need it like taking a shower or using the bathroom. But I find that God isn't reading your thoughts because He is looking for all the negative in them, He is reading them so that He can learn to understand them more. However, since you don't want a relationship with Him at all, it's pretty much useless of me telling you that. It's sad really, somebody loves you that much and yet you don't wanot anything to do with them and it's the one thing that comforts me and keeps me going.

Psalms 139:4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

Yes, frightening.

You think your creator should or would act as you would if you were god (you are lord of YOUR life are you not)? What if others thought differently (as so many do)? Which God would we follow? No! Your god (you) are in Your head....

Hi Garion, If you don't believe all scripture how do you discern which ones to believe?
Or is it the interpretation you don't believe?
I believe the scripture that is obviously positive and beneficial to me and society and I scripture that I can quantify.

A example is overpopulation is probably the main quantifiable problem with the world today and that is due in large part to fornication because people that have a family and live within that value system probably won't be having children impulsively that they can't support.

A example of scripture that doesn't make sense to me is the Bible talk's about forgiveness for everyone no matter what they do presumably because God is so nice yet in the new world that He will create after He end's this one He will rule with a iron fist.

How can He be so lax and instantly be so stern?

I believe that parts of scripture may have been changed,that sound's like something that is would do.

I believe the scripture that is obviously positive and beneficial to me and society and I scripture that I can quantify.

A example is overpopulation is probably the main quantifiable problem with the world today and that is due in large part to fornication because people that have a family and live within that value system probably won't be having children impulsively that they can't support.

A example of scripture that doesn't make sense to me is the Bible talk's about forgiveness for everyone no matter what they do presumably because God is so nice yet

I believe that parts of scripture may have been changed,that sound's like something that is would do.

Exactly, I believe that although I trust the Bible as a whole, there are just some things that seem a bit off to me. I really don't believe that God is really so mean and terrifying as He sounds and that somebody can have completely different belifes and go to Heaven because of Jesus,.. but be filled with caution Garion. We aren't on a democratic forum, it's more like a dictatorship.

Questions for Christians (Q&A)
A place for seekers to ask open, honest questions about our faith and member Christians may answer.
This is not a debate forum.

This is not a forum for showing doubt of God's Word... this thread is closed

Yes, frightening.
Just remember that although God knows your thoughts, he does not tamper with free will. You have your own mind and will, people are using their's to kill, and cause harm to others, the devil is the one accessing peoples mind to bring travesty.

Back