Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A great response when asked for pronouns

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
"I recently spoke to a Stand to Reason supporter who received a company-wide email saying leaders were expected to display their pronouns. After considering the cost and thinking carefully through his response, this is what he told his employers:

'I appreciate the goal of mutual respect and creating a welcoming environment for everyone. My desire is to be respectful of everyone. The expectation to display my pronouns asks me to accept a premise that I can’t accept—namely, that my pronouns could be different than he/him. It’s an ontological claim about the nature of reality, and I hold a different view. I’m not asking those that are transgender to accept my view of reality, but I’m being asked to accept theirs.

I can live and work with respect toward anyone with differing beliefs than my own, including my transgender coworkers. Can I be respected in my beliefs that differ on the nature of gender and identity while affirming the dignity of every person?'"

https://www.str.org/w/a-response-to...m_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=STRarticle

"I recently spoke to a Stand to Reason supporter who received a company-wide email saying leaders were expected to display their pronouns. After considering the cost and thinking carefully through his response, this is what he told his employers:

'I appreciate the goal of mutual respect and creating a welcoming environment for everyone. My desire is to be respectful of everyone. The expectation to display my pronouns asks me to accept a premise that I can’t accept—namely, that my pronouns could be different than he/him. It’s an ontological claim about the nature of reality, and I hold a different view. I’m not asking those that are transgender to accept my view of reality, but I’m being asked to accept theirs.

I can live and work with respect toward anyone with differing beliefs than my own, including my transgender coworkers. Can I be respected in my beliefs that differ on the nature of gender and identity while affirming the dignity of every person?'"

https://www.str.org/w/a-response-to...m_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=STRarticle
Hi Free
I'm over here and don't understand how this is even possible.

Could you write 2 sentences, one using regular pronouns and the same sentence the way the employer was asking.

I do agree with the response the employee gave.

Hi Free
I'm over here and don't understand how this is even possible.

Could you write 2 sentences, one using regular pronouns and the same sentence the way the employer was asking.

I do agree with the response the employee gave.
I think that all they mean is that at the end of emails, a person is to make sure they write “he/him” or “she/her” or whatever pronouns they use, so that people can refer to them by their preferred pronouns. I think they would only be used when speaking with someone about someone else, since we don’t use those pronouns when we speak directly to someone.

So, instead of saying “I think he deserves a raise,” a person would say “I think they deserve raise” (“they/them” being a popular combination even though it is technically plural).

Or use their name.

No pronouns used in the military.
Promote ssg so and so ..
Give this to ssg so and so.. order ssg to do this

Interestingly, this just showed up in my FB feed:

:chin Perhaps software should auto correct for pronouns. For example, you write a letter then the software goes to a database to find out what the person is identifying as today and autocorrects all the pronouns of the document you are creating to reflect the addressees personal pronoun. It would be up to the individual to go to a central database and update he/she/it/flurry/alligator/whatever pronouns. As additional pronouns can be created they can be added to the database. Like, maybe someone identifies as a gold fish then the database could add the gold fish pronoun. Being a "flurry" is a good example of the possibility of new creations. :chin

...:chin ... with the rumors of reparations I think many may become trans-black
.. :chin ... as a man can identify as a woman (or flurry); perhaps those in jail could identify as innocent like

*giggle*

:chin Perhaps software should auto correct for pronouns. For example, you write a letter then the software goes to a database to find out what the person is identifying as today and autocorrects all the pronouns of the document you are creating to reflect the addressees personal pronoun. It would be up to the individual to go to a central database and update he/she/it/flurry/alligator/whatever pronouns. As additional pronouns can be created they can be added to the database. Like, maybe someone identifies as a gold fish then the database could add the gold fish pronoun. Being a "flurry" is a good example of the possibility of new creations. :chin

...:chin ... with the rumors of reparations I think many may become trans-black
.. :chin ... as a man can identify as a woman (or flurry); perhaps those in jail could identify as innocent like

*giggle*
It probably won't be long before someone is using AI to do that. Just run emails through a filter, see who it's being sent to, and then just automatically change the pronouns. Keeps the Christians on the straight and narrow (or does it, if it's done knowingly?), and then the other person is kept happy and doesn't know what was originally typed. Of course, that would imply that the person sending the email supports cisgender, non-binary pronouns, which would be dishonest.

Of course, that would imply that the person sending the email supports cisgender, non-binary pronouns, which would be dishonest.
Guys I've heard talk about "pronouns" and are not supportive seem to compromise:
  1. If they're talking one on one with a tranny then they will go along with it
  2. If they're talking generally about it, they go with biological pronouns (truth)
:chin What would I do in this situation? I think I would let the software use the guy/gal/it pronoun they designated.
:chin Eventually, I know there's a situation where I'm backed into at corner

OK, what do you do given:
You work for company that insists you call a fellow employee with XY chromosomes using that employees chosen pronouns 'she' and 'her' when you know the last person who didn't comply was fired and you're not likely to find another comparable job and have family to support? (I like to think I would not deny my savior, but this pronoun issue is not where I want to take my last stand).

That won't work, the tyrannical left insists you promote perversion, and smile and rejoice when doing it....or they will come after you. Drive you out of business, or lose your job. Its part of the strong delusion prophesied to come, reality is being discarded for delusion.

If being tolerant was enough, the laws on the books now suffice. But it isn't enough, they won't rest until wokeness is preached in the churches, and all excommunicated who disagree. Eventually, those who resist will be hunted down and slain.

I practice sticking my head out, on the guillotine. Its a skill I will need.

Amen, Come LORD Jesus!

I'm going to be the outlier and say it ain't hard nor the end of the world if someone asks you to call them "she" or "he". It really is not. It is about them, not you.

That won't work, the tyrannical left insists you promote perversion, and smile and rejoice when doing it....or they will come after you. Drive you out of business, or lose your job. Its part of the strong delusion prophesied to come, reality is being discarded for delusion.

If being tolerant was enough, the laws on the books now suffice. But it isn't enough, they won't rest until wokeness is preached in the churches, and all excommunicated who disagree. Eventually, those who resist will be hunted down and slain.

I practice sticking my head out, on the guillotine. Its a skill I will need.

Amen, Come LORD Jesus!
It’s not about whether it works or not, it’s about having an intelligent, well thought out, Christian response.

I'm going to be the outlier and say it ain't hard nor the end of the world if someone asks you to call them "she" or "he". It really is not. It is about them, not you.
Well, as Christians, would you agree that we need to be truthful to Scripture and what God has created and instituted? Does He knows what is best for human fulfillment and flourishing? Should we support or affirm anything that goes against that?

It’s not about whether it works or not, it’s about having an intelligent, well thought out, Christian response.
My point was, it doesn't matter. They don't want us alive.

If we don't joyfully support their perve then our continued existence is problematic.

A Christian response should reject their delusion, men in dresses are not women. Everyone knows that. But no one is brave enough to say it. That is sad, because things will only get worse for US until we do stand up for what is right.

My point was, it doesn't matter. They don't want us alive.

If we don't joyfully support their perve then our continued existence is problematic.

A Christian response should reject their delusion, men in dresses are not women. Everyone knows that. But no one is brave enough to say it. That is sad, because things will only get worse for US until we do stand up for what is right.
And that is exactly the kind of response Christians should avoid and why I posted the OP. It rather highlights much of what is wrong with modern Christianity.

And that is exactly the kind of response Christians should avoid and why I posted the OP. It rather highlights much of what is wrong with modern Christianity.
So we should tell our daughters they can compete in male MMA leagues .a 100 female has a chance against an equally trained male ?

Look up Fallon fox and how hard he damaged his female opponent .cracked her skull.

What's wrong with "modern Christianity" is its apostasy from the Word of God:

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9-10 NKJ)

If the torments of Hades can't purge the perve out of the transvestites, they can't enter the Kingdom of God.

I'd like to see a National Day of Ridicule, when we point to those who claim to be the other sex, and ridicule them off the stage. Laugh at the absurdity until it goes back into the closet where it belongs. We could also offer psychiatric services, they clearly are delusional. Whatever works best, I have no preference.

Oakville-Trafalgar-High-School-75.png

Harde har har! Hilarious! "Pin the bust on a trans" could take the place of pin the tail on a donkey!

Last edited:
What's wrong with "modern Christianity" is its apostasy from the Word of God:

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9-10 NKJ)
That is one of the many problems.

If the torments of Hades can't purge the perve out of the transvestites, they can't enter the Kingdom of God.
A lack of speaking the truth in gentleness, respect, grace, and love towards unbelievers is another big problem. You will push people from accepting the gospel by speaking like that. That is the whole point of having an intelligently reasoned response that still treats the other like a human being with intrinsic value as a person made in the image of God.

That is one of the many problems.

A lack of speaking the truth in gentleness, respect, grace, and love towards unbelievers is another big problem. You will push people from accepting the gospel by speaking like that. That is the whole point of having an intelligently reasoned response that still treats the other like a human being with intrinsic value as a person made in the image of God.
Oakville-Trafalgar-High-School-75.png

You talk to it, I can't stop laughing!

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

71593725-12142057-A_male_Disneyland_employee_dressed_as_a_Fairy_Godmother_s_appren-m-4_1685533334613.jpg

A male Disneyland employee dressed as a 'Fairy Godmother's apprentice' has caused outrage and led to calls for the entertainment resort to be boycotted

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Back