Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] A hard weekend...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

I would appreciate some prayers for some loved ones.

Yesterday, my father-in-law had to take his beloved cat Socko in to be put down. The poor thing was just really old and his body was shutting down and it was time. But, he was my f-i-l's favorite cat and Dad was taking it hard.

Then things got much worse. My father-in-law's best friend, Bear, went into the hospital day before yesterday. Bear was diabetic and a heavy smoker. Diabetes and smoking do not mix well, and Bear needed to have two toes and part of his foot amputated. The word was yesterday morning that he had gotten through the operation, was in critical condition, but was stable. Well, he died last evening, around 7:30. Although we knew he wasn't in good health, no one expected him to die.

Then, sometime during the night, our great Aunt Helen died.

I truly don't know Bear's spiritual condition although his wife, Ellen is a very strong Christian woman. I do believe Bear was a Christian, it's just that with these western Mountain Man types, it's hard to tell, because they are well...earthy, and Bear was just about the earthiest man I've ever known. I've never know the man to be inside a church, but I've also never known he to not help anyone with any need that he could possibly help and he, for all his roughness, was a gentle as a lamb around kids. He truly was a loving man, once you got past the rough exterior.

Aunt Helen most definitely was a Christian and a fun-loving woman. She had been in failing health for sometime now. Her death wasn't a surprise, but it also wasn't expected. She died quietly in her sleep.

Please pray for Bear's wife, Ellen and for his kids and grand-kids. Also, for our cousins. And, please pray for my father-in-law. Dad loves the Lord, but he's feeling knocked out over all of this, it's just been so much in just the past 24 hours.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back