Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] A HS Football Coach Testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

23Psalm

Peace and many blessings. You never know in your life who you will touch and how people never forget the impact you made on their lives.

This morning, I was going through my email where I got an email forwarded from the Head Coach where I currently coach high school football. The email that was sent to him was from a player that found me via Twitter and wanted to get in contact with me. What he wrote brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. He stated that I was his favorite coach and he really learned a lot from me. I only coached him for his 9th grade year and now he plays professionally for the Baltimore Ravens. He wants to get in contact with me and meet up with me. God is so good.

I had no idea that I impacted this kid so much. Here he is 25 years old, a professional athlete and remembers how I treated him when he was 14. With so much stuff going on in my life, depression, feeling like I'm worthless and nobody cares about me, it was good to read this.

I cried for like 10 minutes. I was just so overwhelmed with joy. I rejoiced and just thanked God. I have a purpose.

Dear 23Psalm,

thank you for giving such a touching testimony for God's love.
As you wrote, He wants certainly to show you that you have a purpose in your life. Please think about the following words of Ecclesiastes 11:1 - "Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days."
There is also a thread about that very verse and its meaning:
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=52693&referrerid=96634

When I read your testimony I could not help but think I have just looked into a mirror. "Depression, feeling like I'm worthless and nobody cares about me", that sounds much like myself, and I am sure that other persons might feel in a similar way.
Therefore, your overwhelming joy about this impact you had on another person's life, serves so very well as a reminder for us to trust God even when the way is dark. He loves you, and He is always there to take care of you."

I like what Billy Graham wrote, that "even sorrows turn to blessings when they make us less attached to the Earth and more attached to God. Then more than ever we discover that Jesus truly is our friend - 'All our sins and griefs to bear!' "

Please know that you are in my prayers.
Love, Rose

Last edited by a moderator:
We cast our bread upon the waters, sometimes we forget that we did. But God remembers and now and then reminds us, through things like that.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. At times, I questioned my purpose in life. Even asked God, why am I here? Why can't I just die? But then when a little phrase is written on how you impacted somebody life, you understand your purpose. Since that day, I have been on a path, hungry for God's word, asking him to show me what I need to do. Thank you again for all of your encouraging words.

With so much stuff going on in my life, depression, feeling like I'm worthless and nobody cares about me, it was good to read this.
Dear Brother, what a blessing, what comfort, what a testimony, and a light to all who struggle wondering if their suffering for and with others is what God is really leading them to be in His perfect will in their lives. In your case the love of God is manifest by how you conduct yourself that is better known as walking the walk instead of talking the talk. I rejoice with you and look forward to future reports. God bless you in Jesus' name.

2 Corinthians 3:2-5
2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back