Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A look at Ezekiel 43:10-27 and Mark 5

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Ben Avraham

EZEKIEL 43: 10-27

The prophet receives a vision of the heavenly temple, which is an exact replica of the tabernacle and temple on earth. When YHVH gave the instructions to Moshe to make the tabernacle and later, when Solomon built the temple, it was with the plan of the heavenly temple that was in mind. When Yeshua died for our sins, He went up to the Heavenlies and placed his own blood on the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant, meaning that our sins are forgiven, erased, blotted out forever!

What will be our reaction when we see the Heavenly Mishkan for the first time? Will we pause in awe of what was used on earth was fulfilled when Mashiach received the nails, his body against the wood, and blood which was poured out for our transgressions and iniquity. The blood of the bulls, rams, goats, and rams which was sprinkled on the altar for a covering of sins, was NOT sprinkled on the heavenly altar, but the Holy, stainless, and sinless blood of Messiah Yeshua, was sprinkled on the altar to blot out our sins completely.

It is a shame that some people take this lightly, and have a "so what" attitude toward the gift of salvation. Some could "care less" the cares of this world are more important, more interesting, bring more joy and glee. Well, may they enjoy this world then, because the "world to come" will be dark, gloomy, hot, and the flames of the "Lake of Fire" will burn bright for all eternity.

MARK 5:1-6:56

This is when Yeshua heals the man who was possessed by demons. There were one thousand demons inside the body of this man, since demons are in the spirit world, the physical body is not an obstacle, no, they didn't feel “crowded”. And since the demons have to obey the voice of God, they left, and as we read, they went into the bodies of swine.

we can see how far away some Israelites were, from walking in fellowship and obedience to the Torah, since they herded swine, which was and still is, an unclean animal, unsuitable for eating although many Christians believe the contrary. When the swine took a suicide leap from the cliff into the Sea of Galilee, they told Yeshua to “Leave”! Imagine that, telling “God” that he was not welcome in their city. “Hey, you just ruined our business, get out of here!” well, THEY had no business herding and raising pigs to begin with. Sheep and goats, would have been better.

How do we react when God calls our attention to something, do we tell him to “get away from us?” or do we “welcome” his visit and correct our sinful ways? The man who was demonized, now in his right mind wanted to follow Yeshua, yet Yeshua told him; “go and tell what has happened to you to your family and people”

Even though he wanted to follow Yeshua personally, Yeshua sent him on another mission, to “evangelize and be a living witness” He had credibility, since everyone knew him. YHVH sends each and every one on us has a special mission to fulfill while we are on earth, He has equipped each and every believer with the gifts of the spirit to fulfill our mission. Let us be faithful to HIM who has provided us with such a blessing as eternal life.

Shavua Tov Ben Avraham

I really do not know where to start or totally where to go with this.
Perhaps; I once did not mar the edge of my beard and I could touch my navel with my beard. I did not eat pork and several other Jewish things. Went to a Presbyterian church and lived in the Old Testament ( till I finished reading every word ).

Then I started on the New Testament. When I understood Jesus I accepted him. By the time I got to Corinthians I started speaking in tongues ( just by reading about it ).

At 12 I realized I had sinned. Repented
At 24 I received Jesus
At 26 I received the Holy spirit

Now 50 years later I am still working on making one new man out of Jew and Gentile,
Why?
So I can understand how it all fits together?
The Jew has the advantage, because they had the oracles of God and the promises.

What Moses saw was a tabernacle. Poles with hides placed on them. Jesus had bones with skin on the outside of his flesh.
Jesus came to earth under the law to fulfill the law.
Dealing with the demoniac was done under the law.
A Roman governor declared him spotless for sacrifice. The whip sprinkled his blood on everyone present.

After fulfilling / finishing the law on the cross. The very image of the Godhead assended into heaven and was seated on the right hand of the Foather.

The good Jew Peter had to be shown three times that He was declaring all foods clean, and by extension all men clean. The Gentile inclusion was complete. The Circumcision party wanted the Gentiles to keep the law of Moses but the Jerusalem council gave their ruling.

I did not supply scriptures. I can if you wish.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Galatians 4:4 kjv
4. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Galatians 3:23 kjv
23. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Ephesians 2:14 kjv
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, somaking peace;

eddif

The Millennial temple of Ezekiel 40 thru 47 is different than all temples before it, and that includes the tabernacle in the wilderness. And that sanctuary in Ezekiel 40 thru 47 will be literal, on earth, because even in Ezekiel 47 we are given locations on the earth in the middle east. Even the number of steps are different, showing it has NEVER YET been built to this day.

The Millennial temple of Ezekiel 40 thru 47 is different than all temples before it, and that includes the tabernacle in the wilderness. And that sanctuary in Ezekiel 40 thru 47 will be literal, on earth, because even in Ezekiel 47 we are given locations on the earth in the middle east. Even the number of steps are different, showing it has NEVER YET been built to this day.
Stay with us for a time.

John 2:19 kjv
19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21. But he spake of the temple of his body.

Herrod’s temple took 46 years to build ( sounds like a full build and not a renovation (?).

A human body has dimensions. The eyes are windows. The 12 cranial nerves are 12 gates to the brain. The 24 ribs are 24 beans over the chamber where the heart and other other organs lie. Ears are where sounds enter ( with inner chambers called inner ears ).

The cerebellum has a tree planted on either side of a river clear as crystal.

Jesus seems to have gotten past literal temple buildings.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Stay with us for a time.

John 2:19 kjv
19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21. But he spake of the temple of his body.

Herrod’s temple took 46 years to build ( sounds like a full build and not a renovation (?).

A human body has dimensions. The eyes are windows. The 12 cranial nerves are 12 gates to the brain. The 24 ribs are 24 beans over the chamber where the heart and other other organs lie. Ears are where sounds enter ( with inner chambers called inner ears ).

The cerebellum has a tree planted on either side of a river clear as crystal.

Jesus seems to have gotten past literal temple buildings.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
You are making the mistake of applying a philosophical idea to a literal reality, just because Jesus did use the idea of the 2nd literal temple as a metaphor to His body (John 2:19). This happens because of the line of thinking some are taught from heeding the doctrines of men; they also philosophize many other things in God's Word for the world to come, like the Tree of Life, and the River of the Waters of Life as only being spiritual metaphors.

Yet more thorough Bible study reveals those things will be real, literal. Even back in Genesis 2 we are shown about God's River flowing out of His Garden of Eden to feed four rivers upon this earth, two of which we still know their literal locations today (Hiddekel which is the Tigris, and the Euphrates, both in modern day Iraq).

Revelation 22 is literally... pointing to the future return of God's River on this earth, and that even though Lord Jesus used a metaphor for those waters of life when speaking a mystery to the unbelievers (John 4).

In my youth I'd heard countless sermons using that Tree of Life and River as spiritual philosophy only, so it felt natural to repeat what those 'no clue' preachers taught. At least, until I disciplined myself in God's Word and found out those things are going to be literal in the world to come.

When Jesus returns in our near future, He will... build the temple, a literal temple in the holy land. He will do that for His "thousand years" reign over the nations of Revelation 20. But for the new heavens and a new earth time after that period, like Revelation 21:22 says, there will be no more temple.

Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV

Although that is written in Revelation 22, it is actually about the "thousand years" period of Revelation 20. That Tree of Life will be real, literally on this earth in the holy land. And Ezekiel 47 is a parallel to this Revelation Scripture, and reveals its location on earth in the world to come.

You are making the mistake of applying a philosophical idea to a literal reality, just because Jesus did use the idea of the 2nd literal temple as a metaphor to His body (John 2:19). This happens because of the line of thinking some are taught from heeding the doctrines of men; they also philosophize many other things in God's Word for the world to come, like the Tree of Life, and the River of the Waters of Life as only being spiritual metaphors.
Isaiah 6, Matthew 13 and Mark 4 all teach seeing they see not and hearing they hear not.

Let me use just seeing for now.

What do they see? The physical. What do they not see with the eyes of their understanding:
The spiritual realities that are related to the physical.

The parable of the sower: Explained
Seed are the word of God.
Genetics show the physical article of information that will direct plant life. Physical
Word of God directs our spiritual growth. Metaphysical.

I believe in both the physical and the spiritual, and they say the same thing. Sure different contexts but the same concept.

Romans 1:20 kjv
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The physical creation speaks of the invisible. Not by the intelligence of man, but by God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Isaiah 6, Matthew 13 and Mark 4 all teach seeing they see not and hearing they hear not.

Let me use just seeing for now.

What do they see? The physical. What do they not see with the eyes of their understanding:
The spiritual realities that are related to the physical.

The parable of the sower: Explained
Seed are the word of God.
Genetics show the physical article of information that will direct plant life. Physical
Word of God directs our spiritual growth. Metaphysical.

I believe in both the physical and the spiritual, and they say the same thing. Sure different contexts but the same concept.

Romans 1:20 kjv
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The physical creation speaks of the invisible. Not by the intelligence of man, but by God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
That still is not what I'm talking about. When Jesus speaks of the waters of life to the woman at the well in John 4, many believe the waters of life is just some spiritual idea, and not a physical river of waters. So was Lord Jesus speaking metaphorically there to the Samaritan woman at the well? Yes. But was He pointing to a literal 'physical' River of waters for the world to come. Again, yes!

But what 'spiritualizing' of His Word is about is like what Amillennialist do for example. They don't believe the "thousand years" declared in Revelation 20 is literal; they believe it is a spiritual metaphor only.

So was Lord Jesus spiritualizing to the woman at the well? No. He simply put the idea of the future real River of the waters of life into a metaphor that she could understand. The real existence of God's River did not change one iota by that.

Confusion on the meaning of something 'spiritual' is one of the ways that Bible students get deceived about things written in God's Word that do not align with this present world of man's science and education systems. Christ healing the ear of the soldier that Apostle Peter cut off with his sword could be seen as a spiritual metaphor by those, simply because that act evades scientific explanation. So those will tend to 'spiritualize' that event to mean something else, and thus delude themselves away from God's Truth in His Word.

Back