Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

A martyed lifestyle

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A martyred lifestyle
The true spirit of the martyr is not just willing to die for Christ he is willing to live for Christ no matter what happens, even is it means death. Matter of fact a true martyr was dead long before his head even laid itself on any guillotine. A true martyr lives a crucified life, allowing Jesus to live through him. Jesus told His disciples in Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. The Greek word translated witnesses is means martyr. He wasn't necessarily telling them they would have to physically die, but they would be dead to self being a witness for Him. I want to live that martyred lifestyle were I can truly say I am crucified with Christ yet I live, but not I but Christ that lives in me. If we will change the way we believe on Jesus, if we realize we are the Bride of Christ, if we understand we are really in a blood covenant with Jesus were everything we have or are belongs to Him, if we will crucify our flesh as scripture tells us we must the Satan, self, sin, and death have no chance.

Some of you may agree and some of you might think I have totally lost it. Either way is ok by me, I do not want to be conformed to this world, I do not want to be conformed to the church, I do not want to conform myself to any doctrinal stance. I want to be conformed to the image of Christ transformed any the renewing of my mind by the washing of His word believing in Him the way the scriptures say I must. If we humble ourselves before the Lord resist the Devil He must flee. I am ready to stand up look satan and self right in the face with with Jesus Himself staring at them out of my eyes, and dare them, with the Spirit of Christ speaking through me do you really want to war against this?

I don't think you're crazy. I think you've hit the nail on the head. We should be living for Christ, and dead to this world. We should also be prepared to die for our beliefs as well.

Nick said:
I don't think you're crazy. I think you've hit the nail on the head. We should be living for Christ, and dead to this world. We should also be prepared to die for our beliefs as well.
.......... :cool

watchman F said:
A true martyr lives a crucified life, allowing Jesus to live through him.

You are absolutely right! My dad used to impress on me the seriousness of the commitement to Christ upon salvation, and would point out that to be a Christian is to daily be a martyr, dying to self yet living through Christ. It is through the Spirit that we are to put to death the evil deeds of the flesh, and take up our cross, denying ourself, and following him.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
watchman F said:
A true martyr lives a crucified life, allowing Jesus to live through him.

You are absolutely right! My dad used to impress on me the seriousness of the commitement to Christ upon salvation, and would point out that to be a Christian is to daily be a martyr, dying to self yet living through Christ. It is through the Spirit that we are to put to death the evil deeds of the flesh, and take up our cross, denying ourself, and following him.

God Bless,

~Josh
Yes it is imparitive that we die to self take up our cross and follow in the foot step of Christ. He is leading us to life everlasting, joy unspeakable, and peace, true peace that comes only from Him.

watchman F said:
cybershark5886 said:
[quote="watchman F":2nuqcuax]A true martyr lives a crucified life, allowing Jesus to live through him.

God Bless,

~Josh
Yes it is imparitive that we die to self take up our cross and follow in the foot step of Christ. He is leading us to life everlasting, joy unspeakable, and peace, true peace that comes only from Him.[/quote:2nuqcuax]

Hi

Romans 14:7 - "no man dieth to himself"

Romans 14:8 - "For whetehr we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord ------- we are the Lord's"

Mysteryman said:
watchman F said:
cybershark5886 said:

God Bless,

~Josh
Yes it is imparitive that we die to self take up our cross and follow in the foot step of Christ. He is leading us to life everlasting, joy unspeakable, and peace, true peace that comes only from Him.

Hi

Romans 14:7 - "no man dieth to himself"

Romans 14:8 - "For whetehr we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord ------- we are the Lord's"
What exactly i were you trying to say?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back