Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study A Multitude of Camels Shall Cover You

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

TimothyW

Today I am reading Isaiah 60, and I read in verse 6: "A multitude of camels shall cover you". (ESV)
This seems like an odd promise to me. And Uncomfortable.

How can I understand this unless someone guides me? (asked the eunuch)

Today I am reading Isaiah 60, and I read in verse 6: "A multitude of camels shall cover you". (ESV)
This seems like an odd promise to me. And Uncomfortable.

How can I understand this unless someone guides me? (asked the eunuch)
It means a overflow of abundant favor and prosperity from God.

Thank you,
So the idea is "A multitude of camels shall cover you with riches"?

Yes, the context indicates that.

May a multitude of camels cover you. :)

Last edited:
ILove is right. This is a prime instance to validate my first rule of hermeneutics, "No scripture can ever be fully understood without the light of all scripture shinning on it." And in context what that rule says is, of course, the whole Bible is of one context with about 40 writers but one author and we must never try to draw any verse or group of verses out of their context for petty reasons such as settling a dispute, any dispute.

Given the entire context of Isa 60 I believe we're talking about idiomatic language for the valuable gifts of praise, honor, and service Gentiles will give to Christ. This is fulfilled in one way by the wise men following the star to bring Him gifts, but the real fulfillment comes after His ascension, through all those Gentiles who become Christians and turn their very lives over to Him.

Could this be an explanation?

Caravans of camels will cover your land,
young camels from Midyan and ‘Eifah,
all of them coming from Sh’va,
bringing gold and frankincense,
and proclaiming the praises of Adonai.
(Is. 60:6 CJB)
The TOG

The TOG
That's good. May caravans of camels cover your land.

Given the entire context of Isa 60 I believe we're talking about idiomatic language for the valuable gifts of praise, honor, and service Gentiles will give to Christ. This is fulfilled in one way by the wise men following the star to bring Him gifts, but the real fulfillment comes after His ascension, through all those Gentiles who become Christians and turn their very lives over to Him.

It's amazing how rich scripture is. Thanks Sinth. Camels for you too!

The TOG
That is one application.

Back