Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

A Person

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

What defines a person? I was in Philosophy today when I was hit with a question that left me gasping for air. We watched a video of this robot that can think and make decisions and learn. I am sure you guys have heard or seen of this robot before.

It's scary, to be frank. It brought up the question of personhood. What makes a person a person?

Their spirit.

The essence of who they are. God created that and it goes back to him when they die.

Right on, Sherri.

Spirit/Soul: Mind, Will, and Emotion (heart). Robots can't feel. They can't cry. They can't feel joy. They can't feel pain (lucky them) They don't know right from wrong.

They can only do what they have been programmed to do. If they don't have that programming they can't think for themselves. Take out their coding and their heaps of metal.

To me I think a person is a spiritual entity in a physical body. there is something else more to us than the physical. Our spiritual connects to other places.

It seems the previous posters have beat me to it.:lol

What makes us a person is the soul and spirit. Because of this, we are able to have a relationship with Christ. That is something no robot can do.

we, "the human", have the breath of life from God within us. We rised from ashes and dust and we received the breath as a soul. I believe that a robot, despite our advancing tehconogy will never get to be associated with a human from this point of view.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back