Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Recipe In Scripture...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
So there is a recipe in Exodus that I need some help with, it sounds good. I think the ingrediants are all available now but I have no clue about the weights. How much does a shekel weigh? A Hin? Lol.

Exodus 30:
22 Moreover the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

24 And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:

25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.../

I wonder if it works for healing? It has to be good if it is in scripture.

Just wondering why you are interested in holy anointing oil? Do you have a Tabernacle, some sacred objects and Levite priests to anoint? That's what it's for according to the Bible.

Yeah I seen that, lol. Nah what happened there is I like to make things for myself instead of buying the factroy version. And when I realized that I was looking at a recipe, I wanted to make it!

I make my own coffee creamer. I used to make my own vitamins, I make my own ammunition for my guns, most of it. I have some guns that have never had a factory round fired in it! So I've become conditioned to wonder whats in a product and if I could make it better myself?

But you're right. I don't have a tabernacle or altars or Levites or anything like that. Just my heart & spirit.

Yeah I seen that, lol. Nah what happened there is I like to make things for myself instead of buying the factroy version. And when I realized that I was looking at a recipe, I wanted to make it!

I make my own coffee creamer. I used to make my own vitamins, I make my own ammunition for my guns, most of it. I have some guns that have never had a factory round fired in it! So I've become conditioned to wonder whats in a product and if I could make it better myself?

But you're right. I don't have a tabernacle or altars or Levites or anything like that. Just my heart & spirit.
I was being a bit sarcastic at the idea. My point is that if you read what's in there, you are not supposed to have that oil, nor the incense made after that. It's not to be put on the body. It's consecrated for a special purpose. The Ark of the Covenant was good, too, to use rightly. But if anyone touched it they were killed by the Lord. You can use olive oil but a better anointing is by the Spirit of God which oil represents.

I was being a bit sarcastic at the idea. My point is that if you read what's in there, you are not supposed to have that oil, nor the incense made after that. It's not to be put on the body. It's consecrated for a special purpose. The Ark of the Covenant was good, too, to use rightly. But if anyone touched it they were killed by the Lord. You can use olive oil but a better anointing is by the Spirit of God which oil represents.

And rightly so! Lol. I like a good recipe and reacted to that. Only after I reread it again did I realize that, I have no need for this anointing oil. Good catch Brother!

Back