Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] A slight bout of depression/anxiety

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi everyone.

I'm so sorry to make my debut post a prayer request for myself. I'm relatively new to Christianity, so I apologise if I sound unintellectual when participating in discussions.

I'm currently going through a slight bout of depression and anxiety (it started on New Years Eve). I ask that you pray for the Lord to watch over me, and guide me through this troublesome time, or even just recommending parts of the bible to read.

Thank you so much for reading. :)

Hi Martin, welcome to the site :wave

I'm sorry to hear that you are down, I will pray for you. If you're looking for some scripture to read, the Psalms are always a good source of encouragement. Sometimes when I'm depressed I read them, and remember how much God is in controll of things and how much he loves his people.

God bless,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well right now. may God bless you with His healing, comfort and love!!

"Hunble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all of your cares on Him because He cares for you. Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in faith, because you know that your brothers through out the world are under going the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power forever and ever. Amen!
1Peter - Chapter 5:6-11

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day the Lord has made; letus rejoice & be glad in it

Martin,

Welcome to the forums, and you have my prayers this morning. I like to read the Psalms when I am feeling low, but the thing that helps most is praise and praise songs. I think that thankfulness is the biggest defense against depression and anxiety. I pray the Lord will give you peace and comfort.

The Lord bless you.

Hi guys, and thank you all. I wasn't expecting such positive replies. I still feel a little anxious, but, amazingly the majority of the depression is gone :shocked I was expecting it to take quite a few weeks. Well, praise the Lord is all I can say, and thank you to all those who prayed for me and for giving me the bible scriptures.

God bless.

Read Psalm 23. The LORD is my(A) shepherd; I shall not(B) want.
2He makes me lie down in green(C) pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.[a]
3He(D) restores my soul.
He(E) leads me in(F) paths of righteousness
for his(G) name’s sake.
4Even though I(H) walk through the valley of(I) the shadow of death,[c]
I will(J) fear no evil,
for(K) you are with me;
your(L) rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You(M) prepare a table before me
in(N) the presence of my enemies;
you(O) anoint my head with oil;
my(P) cup overflows.
6Surely[d] goodness and mercy[e] shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall(Q) dwell[f] in the house of the LORD
(R) forever.[g]

srry for al the wierd stuff it came off Bible gateway.com (theres my informal citation lol) anyway. ive gone through depression before. the point is if it goes away eventually and you know God is there (ps 23 for you are with me) then everything be alright. think also about what God has done amazing in your life thus far or is going to do. either way according romans 8:31-39 there is nothing that separate us from the love of God not even tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword, or anythign else in Gods holy creation. (paraphrasing it here lol) We are loved by God as Gods sons who cry out abba! getting on a rabbit trail but hey Thus saith the Word of the Lord hehe.

when i said "srry for all the wierd stuff it came off biblegateway" i meant the lil (R) and footnotes and every other such thing lol not the bible is wierd but the footnotes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back