Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

A very different kind of person... Hi :)

P

Pebbles

I probably won't be here a huge length of time I'm kinda curious about your community however... You might not like me...

I am a 22 year old Transsexual woman living here in the cloudy UK, I am also a Biology student studying in my final year at university, and I'm also atheistic although not aggressive at all.
I'm generally happy with my identity.

So! The question is why am I here?

In my life I've experienced a great deal of prejudice from "Christians" really horrible abuse that I will repeat if you wish me to but won't right now.

Anyway I'm carefree and non-judgemental dispite what you might think of everything else about me but alot of the prejudice I've felt dose sting (Especally given that I've been physically scarred by some of those pepole.) And alot of these pepole have no clue about the horrors I've been through to be the person I am.

It seems to me that I only encounter angry proud christians, It might be the case that non-hostile devout christians are out there but ignore me they just don't say anything. It's only those who hate me that go on to make themselves known to me.

So I'm exploring your community of individuals to see the diversity in philosophy and such and please don't let that hold you back, Respond to my thread with your opinions of me even if you all hate me least I'm not under any delusions! ha :D Trust me I'd experienced much worse than an internet flameing.

Welcome to the forum. :wave

Sorry to hear about the abuses that you have gone through, and you are entirely correct that those individuals who are hostile are often the most vocal. I think it has become second nature most of the time and in all situations. We complain at a restaurant for bad service, but rarely do we compliment for the good. We tell off the guy who was rude on the bus, but rarely do we compliment the random stranger for something positive we see. And on that same token, those who are most disapproving of you are going to be the most vocal in saying so.

You say that you want us to respond to your thread with our opinions of you, but really it seems you are only seeking to confirm the bias and hatred that you have experienced from Christians in the past.

Are you an atheist because of those bad experiences with Christians, or is there some other reason you are turned off to God? Was it through your studies in Biology that caused your disbelief?

What do you plan to do with your degree when you graduate?

I probably won't be here a huge length of time I'm kinda curious about your community however... You might not like me...

Your a fellow human being, And as such i wish good for you. I wish the love of God for you.

I am a 22 year old Transsexual woman living here in the cloudy UK, I am also a Biology student studying in my final year at university, and I'm also atheistic although not aggressive at all.

In my life I've experienced a great deal of prejudice from "Christians" really horrible abuse that I will repeat if you wish me to but won't right now.

It's sad that people can find it hard to be against something and the only way they seem to know how to express that is by hating the person or being violent. Sadly some people just don't know how to sit down and talk calmly and just express what they believe.

Now it is sad for me to see you are a transsexual. You where born a female and it saddens me that you are not at ease with your gender. I also believe it is against Gods will for us to reject what we are. So that makes tansexuality a sin. Now having said that i am a sinner also. So it is not me talking down to you, It's just me being true to my conscience to God. Now as a Christian i believe there is only one unforgivable sin, that sin is not being a transsexual.

Anyway I'm carefree and non-judgemental dispite what you might think of everything else about me but alot of the prejudice I've felt dose sting (Especally given that I've been physically scarred by some of those pepole.) And alot of these pepole have no clue about the horrors I've been through to be the person I am.

I don't know how anyone can be carefree and be experiencing horrors? Are you just showing a brave face to the world as a kind of protective wall?

It seems to me that I only encounter angry proud christians, It might be the case that non-hostile devout christians are out there but ignore me they just don't say anything. It's only those who hate me that go on to make themselves known to me.

So I'm exploring your community of individuals to see the diversity in philosophy and such and please don't let that hold you back, Respond to my thread with your opinions of me even if you all hate me least I'm not under any delusions! ha
clip_image001.gif
Trust me I'd experienced much worse than an internet flameing.

I am looking forward to hearing why you are an atheist. At the present moment that is far more of an important issue to me then anything else about you.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi Pebbles, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry that you've experienced such bigotry in you life. I'm glad that, even though you are an atheist and have reason to hate the Christian community, you are reaching out by coming here and trying to get to know us better.

I am in agreement with Adstar, the transsexualism is not a huge issue to me, no more than if you were a gossip, a glutton, or a reviler (sins that seem especially rampant in the Church these days).

People are not condemned because of transsexualism, or gluttony for that matter. People face condemnation for lack of believing in God. So, as Adstar says, the atheism is far more troubling to me than the transsexualism.

Romans 8:1 states, "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

The way I see it, if one becomes in Christ Jesus (believing in Him and seeking forgiveness from Him) the other sins in one's life will be forgiven and one receives the Holy Spirit to walk in the manner God calls all of us to do. A manner which, btw, does not include being judgmental and bigoted towards those who are not Christians.

I hope to see you in other forums and hope that you will be open to discussing true Christianity with an open mind. I realize that you will most likely not trust us at first, with what you've been through, having trust issues is most understandable. May we give a better testimony to the love of Jesus Christ than what you've experienced so far.

hi Pebbles ... :) ...

Is that man to woman? Last time I read people are generally unhappy with thier decision and a lot say it's a pshychological problem but we won't go into that ...

Is that really true? Literally Christians ONLY who hated you???

So I'm exploring your community of individuals to see the diversity in philosophy and such and please don't let that hold you back, Respond to my thread with your opinions of me even if you all hate me least I'm not under any delusions! ha :D Trust me I'd experienced much worse than an internet flameing.

Well if you're looking for approval of your state and you don't get it would you class that as hate?

And if it's love you're looking for - you'd find it in Jesus and I hope in all of us ... :) ...

Is that man to woman? Last time I read people are generally unhappy with thier decision and a lot say it's a pshychological problem but we won't go into that ...
Yes I am a Male to Female Transsexual or Transwoman.
Trans woman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There is actually a low rate of regret post transition and even the cases where there is de-transition the reasons are highly personal and not simply linked to "oh I was a man all along"
The cases of de-transition I've seen are like this usually.
One indivdual who de-transitioned did so that they could see there kids whom they'd concived as a teen and be a father once they came of age they changed right back.

Another indivdual I know transitioned in there Teens but they came from a mormon family and they initally rejected them casting them out onto the streets it was after awhile they went back with them fully transformed body wise into a female but agreed to live socially as a male dispite looking female I belive they still live as a male and married somemone.
The physological condition is called GID(gender identity disorder) but it's only there because how I felt back then severely impaired my quality of life.
"Is that really true? Literally Christians ONLY who hated you???"
No of course not. but those I've encountered are easily the most aggressive and destructive.

"Well if you're looking for approval of your state and you don't get it would you class that as hate?
And if it's love you're looking for - you'd find it in Jesus and I hope in all of us"
My experience of life in the past few years has taught me the different between Acceptance... Tolorence... And Hate.
You can't make somone accept you but you can ask someone to tolorate and not hate you. That distinction is what I'm looking for :)

Hi Pebbles,

I think I would be one that would initially accept you while naturally believing that you too would accept me.

Would we agree on everything ideologically? No, I doubt it. But then, does anyone agree on everything? Even things close to their hearts? Accepting doesn't always mean agreeing, nor does it mean condoning. But please don't mistake anything we would disagree about as hateful.

I have no idea of your past, nor do I care unless you just want to talk about it. To that end, I've always an ear.

I would like you to also know this. We have had some in the past who have come onto this site to advocate against our core beliefs as Christians. They have not spoken about acceptance, only that we must believe the way they believe and it becomes an issue of I'm right and you're wrong and in the argument, I think we forget that we're all human, created by God, and loved by God. In short, to be accepted, one must accept. How can I expect, let alone demand that you accept me with all my quirks if I can't accept you? It almost seems a bit hypocritical, or perhaps some just thrive in the argument.

I can't personally fathom having my gender changed, and I can't help but think that those who have done so have thought long and hard about it. Honestly, it's nothing I can relate to, let alone wrap my head around. But I don't hate you for it, nor would I.

Grace and Peace,
Jeff

Back