Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

About "Demons"

To cast out demons is just another way of saying that those who suffer from physical and/or mental illnesses would be healed.

I can also claim that your post is just another way of saying "I don't want to know that there are malicious supernatural forces", but that would probably be truer.

These illnesses are called demons or evil spirits.
No.
How does a "disease" talk? It can't. Demons do.
Explain demons controlling people?? When i get a cold i don't go robbing banks!
Dieases don't "leave" people either. mabye you can make someone sweat, or filter blood. But in both cases, the disease is extracted, it doesn't "leave". LEaving implies a degree of intent. Diseases and conditions do NOT have intents. Demons do.

1 Corinthians 10:20
No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.

Do you actually think that people at any time, sacrificed to diseases?? LOL! ridiculous!
This verse has got to be one of the BEST bulwarks against your odd redefinition of "demon".

How does a "disease" talk? It can't. Demons do.
Explain demons controlling people?? When i get a cold i don't go robbing banks!
Dieases don't "leave" people either. mabye you can make someone sweat, or filter blood. But in both cases, the disease is extracted, it doesn't "leave". LEaving implies a degree of intent. Diseases and conditions do NOT have intents. Demons do.

1 Corinthians 10:20
No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.

Do you actually think that people at any time, sacrificed to diseases?? LOL! ridiculous!
This verse has got to be one of the BEST bulwarks against your odd redefinition of "demon".

Dude, in the OT demons were nothing more than false gods. They were basically BS.
In the NT they are the same BS.
People even worship people. Does that mean humans are not real, that the word "human" just means disease? LOL
The fact that people idolized evil entities does not disprove their existence.
They were idols that neither hear nor speak.
The account of Jesus casting out demons into pigs proves otherwise.

Matthew 8:28-34

BS = Bull shi
Mm, now you curse!

Matthew 15:11-14
11 It is not what enters the mouth that defiles the person, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles the person.”

12 Then the disciples came and *said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were ]offended when they heard this statement?” 13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 Leave them alone; they are blind guides of blind people. And if a person who is blind guides another who is blind, both will fall into a pit.”

I think my case is proven now. Yes, you'll say otherwise, but that doesn't change the evidence here.

People even worship people. Does that mean humans are not real, that the word "human" just means disease? LOL
The fact that people idolized evil entities does not disprove their existence.

The account of Jesus casting out demons into pigs proves otherwise.

Matthew 8:28-34

Mm, now you curse!

Matthew 15:11-14
11 It is not what enters the mouth that defiles the person, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles the person.”

12 Then the disciples came and *said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were ]offended when they heard this statement?” 13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 Leave them alone; they are blind guides of blind people. And if a person who is blind guides another who is blind, both will fall into a pit.”

I think my case is proven now. Yes, you'll say otherwise, but that doesn't change the evidence here.
Ok, we need to realize that demons are nothing but figures of your imagination.
When a person is healed from some illness, the illness is personified as a demon who speaks. As if it were the cause of something other than the natural process of death.
The fact is, demons are the result of sin and death. But they are not superhuman personal beings who cause death.
Sin causes death. Get a grip.

These illnesses are called demons or evil spirits.

They were idols that neither hear nor speak.

Ok, we need to realize that demons are nothing but figures of your imagination.
First you claim they are diseases. Then you claim they were idols. Now you are claiming they are imaginary.

So which is it?

James 1:8
being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Triple minded. Interesting.
---- Unstability in LeviR's posts detected !! ----

the illness is personified as a demon who speaks.
Eisgesis + extrapolation.
Why would the Bible present this as a fact and not as personification?
I can easily claim that Jesus never spoke, He was just mute and personified as talking, and that claim would have equal weight.

demons are the result of sin
Well congrats, you actually got something right. Angels rebelled alongside loser-fer and became demons.

Get a grip.
Seems you lost yours via multi-mindedness?

Yes, i know that sin causes death. Don't need to hide from the existence of evil supernatural entities to know that.

1 Timothy 4:1

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Diseases cannot teach anything. The Bible has demolished your beliefs.
Your foundation is sand!

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Do diseases shudder? No. We never observe that. They can't believe things either. But demons can.

R.I.P. "demons are imaginary" BE LIE F 2024-2024.
Demolished by: The Bible

1 Timothy 4:1

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Diseases cannot teach anything. The Bible has demolished your beliefs.
Your foundation is sand!

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Do diseases shudder? No. We never observe that. They can't believe things either. But demons can.

R.I.P. "demons are imaginary" BE LIE F 2024-2024.
Demolished by: The Bible
There is only one God. But the God of this world is a god that can not speak nor see nor hear.
It’s a god of the imagination. A god of an evil heart. A god who kills, lies and wants only what he wants.
Sounds a lot like the deceitful heart of man. But God knows his heart.

Back