Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Abstinence or sexual education

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sex education seeks both to reduce the risks of potentially negative outcomes from sexual behaviour, like unwanted or unplanned pregnancies and infection with sexually transmitted diseases, and to enhance the quality of relationships. It works if it contributes to this overall aim.

Why does this need to be an "either/or" situation? Can't we have both?

As much as I feel our young ones need to be educated....the idea society tends to paint of sexual education is warning them, then handing out condoms. I just do not see the logic in that. Abstinence really is the only way....then, could be just me. More or less when and if we send out a message it needs to be firm and clear, not wishy washy as it often tends to be today.

My apologies for any offense caused.

May God Bless You

Danielle

LostLamb said:
As much as I feel our young ones need to be educated....the idea society tends to paint of sexual education is warning them, then handing out condoms. I just do not see the logic in that. Abstinence really is the only way....then, could be just me. More or less when and if we send out a message it needs to be firm and clear, not wishy washy as it often tends to be today.

My apologies for any offense caused.

May God Bless You

Danielle

That's what I'm saying Danielle.

I'm going to inform my daughter of the negatives (because there are no positives)...pictures and everything BUT what sex ed is doing is informing kids then sending them out to make the "right" decisions. I mean, handing out condoms? Give me a break. Tell the kids not to have sex. Tell them the only way they're safe is when they're in a monogamous married relationship. It's not lying or being extreme, it's the truth. We all know that's the truth. All this nonesense about being "safe" with condoms and pills and gels is dumb. It gives the kids the mentality that they're safe as long as they use these things and someone has yet to point out which one of these methods are 100% safe. We need to teach our kids to be 100% safe...not 89% safe with the condom...not 79% safe with a gel...not 99.99999% safe with the pill. I want my daughter to be 100% safe. Not only that but I want her to have self-respect and see that saving yourself for marriage is 10 times better than being used and having "experience"

LaMexicana said:
That's what I'm saying Danielle.

I'm going to inform my daughter of the negatives (because there are no positives)...pictures and everything BUT what sex ed is doing is informing kids then sending them out to make the "right" decisions. I mean, handing out condoms? Give me a break. Tell the kids not to have sex. Tell them the only way they're safe is when they're in a monogamous married relationship. It's not lying or being extreme, it's the truth. We all know that's the truth. All this nonesense about being "safe" with condoms and pills and gels is dumb. It gives the kids the mentality that they're safe as long as they use these things and someone has yet to point out which one of these methods are 100% safe. We need to teach our kids to be 100% safe...not 89% safe with the condom...not 79% safe with a gel...not 99.99999% safe with the pill. I want my daughter to be 100% safe. Not only that but I want her to have self-respect and see that saving yourself for marriage is 10 times better than being used and having "experience"

Amen and Amen. Teenagers need to be taught the harsh reality that condoms and any form of protection are NOT always 100% effective. My husband is living proof of that, as he was a tube tie baby who was born three months premature. I also have had family members who used protection and had little ones still come as a result during their teenage years. Just goes to show....1) That as stated, protection is not always effective....2) That if it is in God's plan for a baby to be born, He can oversee something as small as a piece of rubber or a pill.

LaMexicana said:
We need to teach our kids to be 100% safe...not 89% safe with the condom...not 79% safe with a gel...not 99.99999% safe with the pill. I want my daughter to be 100% safe. Not only that but I want her to have self-respect and see that saving yourself for marriage is 10 times better than being used and having "experience"
:clap :thumb :clap !!!!!
LostLamb said:
Just goes to show....1) That as stated, protection is not always effective....2) That if it is in God's plan for a baby to be born, He can oversee something as small as a piece of rubber or a pill.
Amen Danielle, I totaly agree. If God desires for you to become pregnant, then no matter WHAT you put your trust in, He will do it...and if he doesn't, He won't.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back