Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Adam, Eve, & Eternity

We are all familiar with the story of Adam and Eve, and the fall. If not, you can find the story in the first few chapters of Genesis, and several other references through Scripture.

Here is my question:

Where are Adam and Eve now? Where are they spending eternity?

Gabbylittleangel said:
We are all familiar with the story of Adam and Eve, and the fall. If not, you can find the story in the first few chapters of Genesis, and several other references through Scripture.

Here is my question:

Where are Adam and Eve now? Where are they spending eternity?
Adam and Eve are awaiting the resurrection when Jesus returns and their spirit/soul is in paradise which was moved to Heaven when Jesus ascended leading the captives out of Sheol. Their was a place in Sheol for the wicked and a place in Sheol for the righteous. The place in Sheol for the righteous was called paradise, and by the record of the New Testament, the righteous souls go to heaven to be with Christ Jesus until the final joining up with the resurrected new body.

Adam is dead.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Adam was barred from the tree of life - so there was no way he could eat of it's fruit and have eternal life.

Adam & Eve and eternity

I agree with you, mutzrein. Adam and Eve are dead until resurrected to be judged, IMO, at the great white throne (see Rev. 20).

I believe their names are in the book of life, and they will be granted unending life in the New Earth.

Bick

Re: Adam & Eve and eternity

Bick said:
I agree with you, mutzrein. Adam and Eve are dead until resurrected to be judged, IMO, at the great white throne (see Rev. 20).

I believe their names are in the book of life, and they will be granted unending life in the New Earth.

Bick

Im confused...you say they will face the white throne(for the lost before cast into lake o fire),

Then you say they will be in the new earth...pick one or the other bro.

Adam and Eve and dternity

Well preacher boy, you must read about the judgment that takes place before the great white throne.

Let's go there. Rev. 20:11-15: from the NIV:

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.
Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."

NOTICE: the "dead" have to be all those not resurrected in the "first" or "former" resurrection (which takes place after Christ returns to the earth to establish the Messianic kingdom) Rev. 20:4,5; and the "dead" are not those in the church/body of Christ, for they will have been caught up to heaven already.

ALSO NOTICE: there are two sets of books spoken of: one set would list the deeds of all who are resurrected. The other is the book of life containing the names of those who, after judging will be granted life (which has to be on the new earth).

CONTINUING: "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done."

NOTICE: these verses are just a repeat in more detail of what was previously written. Thus, the dead are considered in the sea, or in the grave (Hades). NOTE: "death and sheol" or "death and Hades" or "death and the grave" are expressions used many places, particularly in the OT.

NEXT: "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

TO ME this means that death and the grave will be gone, because in the New Earth, after this present earth and sky is done away, there will be no death, and there will be no sea (Rev. 21:1-4).

AND, as it says above, after judging, those individuals whose names are written in the book of life, and thus are judged worthy of life, will not be cast into the lake of fire, but will be granted life when? Well, it must be on the New Earth. And all the others will be cast into the lake of fire and die the second death.

Bick

Re: Adam & Eve and eternity

Gabbylittleangel said:
Where do you find a record of their repentance?

Gabby, I don't know of any words saying "Adam and Eve repented". I'm basing my view on a number of things:

First, They they were sorrowful and knew they were naked and were afraid; then, upon questioning, confessed what happened.

Second, The Lord God sacrificed an animal (a sheep?), and created coats of skin to cover their "sin" of nakedness. Thus, since all humanity was in the loins of Adam, the sin of mankind was covered.
And what did John the Baptist declare? "BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD WHICH TAKETH AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD!"

Third, While they lost that close fellowship with the Lord God, He didn't stop communicating with them. For instance, Adam must have been instructed in the necessity of an animal sacrifice to cover their sins; and, as the father, Adam must have instructed both Cain and Able. Able's offering of the firstlings of the flock was acceptible, but Cain's offering of the fruit of the ground was not.

Bick

Back