Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

All Christians are Priests

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Another erroneous claim without any evidence.

A claim without any evidence

A claim without any evidence

A claim without any evidence.
T.E. Smith, this is Mungo's standard reply when he has nothing else to say in rebuttal. Pay no attention to him, unless he presents credible evidence.

T.E. Smith, this is Mungo's standard reply when he has nothing else to say in rebuttal. Pay no attention to him, unless he presents credible evidence.
That is completely untrue.
If you read through the posts you will see that T.E. Smith has not provided a single item of evidence to support any of her claims, whilst I have given many.

That is completely untrue.
If you read through the posts you will see that T.E. Smith has not provided a single item of evidence to support any of her claims, whilst I have given many.
No credible evidence.

The Bible says all Christians are priests.
“be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ…………… But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people”. (1 Pet. 2:5,9).
So why do Catholics have only some people as priests?

Yes, Catholics believe in the common priesthood of all believers.
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church (para 1546)
Christ, high priest and unique mediator, has made of the Church "a kingdom, priests for his God and Father." The whole community of believers is, as such, priestly. the faithful exercise their baptismal priesthood through their participation, each according to his own vocation, in Christ's mission as priest, prophet, and king. Through the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation the faithful are "consecrated to be . . . a holy priesthood.".

We are all part of the royal priesthood a holy nation, but we are not all ministerial priests. Only those who are chosen and called are ministerial priests. Ministerial priests are called by God to serve God and the people of God.

We find this in the Old Testament
"Then bring near to you Aaron your brother, and his sons with him, from among the people of Israel, to serve me as priests--Aaron and Aaron's sons, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.” (Ex 28:1).

Whilst God called some to serve him and his people as special priests he called all Israel to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation
“Now therefore, if you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession among all peoples; for all the earth is mine, and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” (Ex 19:5-6)

Similarly whilst all Christians are part of the holy nation and a kingdom of priests, only some are called to be ministerial priests. As the Catechism explains (para 1547)
“…..the ministerial priesthood is at the service of the common priesthood. It is directed at the unfolding of the baptismal grace of all Christians. the ministerial priesthood is a means by which Christ unceasingly builds up and leads his Church.”

This is biblical:
“But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.” (Rom 15:15-16).

Catholics must serve a law of the dying fathers (oral traditions) like the false priesthood, false prophets and false apostles of the Pharisees with Sadducees two sects that put aside the difference to try and make all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) without effect desolate The abomination of desolation dying mankind sitting in the invisible seat of our Holy Father not seen the eternal God

Christ is the anointing Holy Spirit of God he worked in Jesus the Son of man empowering the Son of man do do the will of the father according to the father's good pleasure .

Jesus the Son of man did the Holy Father's will delight some mumurrm and say what about me,? Don't I get some credit for salvation ? Obviously no God will not share his glory with dying mankind under a curse (you shall surely die) . No reincarnation.

Some did know the Spirit of Christ that empowered the dying flesh of the Son of man Jesus in order that mankind might move according to ("let there be" and the testimony "was God good' . . Law of Christs 'faith or called a labor of His love. Six of one half dozen of another.

Some did know Christ that worked in the flesh of Jesus .When he departed we cannot any longer for over two thousands years know him according to the cornuted dying flesh. . it has long returned to the dust from where it was formed. God is not man. . to say he is. . (The abomination of desolation) Dying human form replacing our invisible eternal God

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Augustine and Aquinas' theology is THE basis for the Catholic church
God's living abiding word is the basis for hearing God as he gives us His understanding of His faith. Catholics chose peter oue brother in the Lord the serial denier who seduced by the father of lies rebuked the unseen Lord and forbid Jesus from doing the will .

why callour dying brother in the Lord, Peter. . . . Holy Father Holy See ? How would that benefit those who must continue to suffer wonder suffer wonder in Lmbo of Purgatory? Whats the hope?

Are Protestants in limbo and purgatory the dark place ?

Note; ; .
(purple) my offering

2 Peter 1:19-21King James Version19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.(oral traditions of the fathers ) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. . . . . .

Therefore not moved by the Pope as Holy Father Holy See called a daysman in Job 9 The creator of patron saints "disembodied workers with familiar spirit of the dead" (3500 official and rising) all with image idols available online . . one for all that walk by sight and not by faith (the unseen things of God

Augustine and Aquinas offer there private interptation as a personal commentary like any born again child of God, Do you think they were born again Or ones that say Christ gives a bunsen remnant of grace and must continue to suffer wonder surfer wonder with no end of faith in sight and onlt a queen mother in heaven received the fullness the grace whole price of salvation. Again the believers receive the end from the beginning ,

No suffering after one takes their last breath of oxygen. no limbo or purgatory .

1 Peter 1:7-8 That the trial of your (new) faith (Christs working in us with us ) , being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your (new born again )faith,(Not the beginning of sufferings wondering with no end in sight) even the salvation of your (new) souls. (Born again)

Back