Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Aloha

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mike, It's nice to hear from you. One of my favorite parts of the Bible is where Jesus tells the apostles-to-be that they will be "fishers of men." I think about that passage a lot. After all, these were very simple men who had no reason to think that there lives would be any different than many generations of fishermen who had come before them and would come after them.

Then, along comes Jesus and tells them that they can have a much greater purpose in life, that they can a far greater destiny than they ever dreamed possible. What history has proven to be true is that Jesus called it exactly right. After 2000 years, we still know the names of these simple men that Jesus said those words to, and the impact they still have on our lives today is extremely powerful.

For me, being a "fisher of men" means that we live our lives in such a way that we exemplify the teachings of Jesus. It also means that we have the possibility of living our own lives in such a way that they are more glorious than we ever thought possible. Best wishes!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back