Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Amillennialism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM

Thess, or anyone else, are you Amil in eschatology? How does RC Amil differ from Reformed Historic Amil [beside the Reformed claiming the office of the pope is antichrist]?

Essentially, yes I am. Othere than that I don't know of any difference. I will try to spend a little time checking it out.

Glad this topic was started.

If time allows, could Thess or someone give us a outline of what Amillennialism is, for those who may not know?

Thanks.

Amillenialism says that the thousand year reign of Christ is now. His reign is in the hearts of those who love him. The thousdand years is symbolic. Christ will come again and when he comes it will be the close of this age and the saints bodies will be resurrected on to eternal life and the bodies of the damned resurrected to eternal damnation. Christ only comes once. There will be an anti-christ and a tribulation at the end of time before Christ comes again but we will not be raptured out of it. We will go through it with the protection of God as Jesus walked through those who wanted to kill him.

thessalonian said:
Essentially, yes I am. Othere than that I don't know of any difference. I will try to spend a little time checking it out.

I could be mistaken but Reformed Amil is a lot more detailed. After searching the net I'm having a hard time finding much on RC eschatology, any links?

thx

JM said:
thessalonian said:

I could be mistaken but Reformed Amil is a lot more detailed. After searching the net I'm having a hard time finding much on RC eschatology, any links?

thx

Catholicism doesn't put near the focus on it that Protestantism does. There is some in the Catechism. There is a book called "The Rapture Trap" by Paul Thigpen that is pretty good.

thessalonian said:
JM said:
thessalonian said:

thx

Catholicism doesn't put near the focus on it that Protestantism does. There is some in the Catechism. There is a book called "The Rapture Trap" by Paul Thigpen that is pretty good.

Protestants, meaning Reformed and Lutheran, do not focus on eschatology. It would be non-catholic's that have come out of the radical section of the Reformation that do, this camp never protested but withdrew from catholicism. Calvin and Luther never had a stated doctrine, you can find elements of historicism and amil but not premil.

Peace,

jm

I stand corrected. You are right, the focus not widespread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back