Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] An experience of possession and an angel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Castiel

First, let me say that I am the type of person who always looks for a rational explanation first before I think something paranormal is going on. I was also one to discount a lot of religious experiences people told me because of lack of evidence but I would say "Well maybe you were just open and in a mood for it. Maybe you were dreaming."etc.

Anyways, this thing all started a couple months ago when I was in a hotel. I would wake up and see these things standing over me. Wearing all black and I remember their hands being long and wrinkly as if they were old or something. Now, the thing about this is it wasn't that waking sleep paralysis because I could actually move and it also lasted about an hour to an hour and a half. But time seemed to like zoom by like it was only a few seconds.

Weeks later in my own bed I would experience something like this again, I just got off skype with my girlfriend and then I went to use the bathroom. I wasn't tired I was wide awake but when I came down in my room and closed the door I laid down and there was this blackness around the room. Like pitch blackness, I couldn't even see the tv light. It was like I was just in blackness on my bed. Then I felt and heard this wind beside me and then I felt like there was something else in my head clawing and I remember feeling the urgency to fight for control and I remember I would laugh really weird during this. Then it all becomes a blur, I start to see really trippy thing. I answer text messages that don't really exist and have conversations with people I thought were there and I would see myself beside myself or a reflextion of myself on the ceiling. But then it went away suddenly, and I remember not being able to tell if all of it was real or not(After the other day, I'll assume real considering I don't have schitso or anything like that.)

So just this past Thursday I was helping my dad unload a truck, well we were waiting for the truck to come and I remember feeling and hearing that wind again, and then I remember feeling like there was something in my head. Then all of a sudden my eyes go weird. Like I don't know what they looked like but it was as if they were stretched out like if you were pulling back the skin to make yourself look asian. Anyways, when this happened I saw this thing in the sky. I remember seeing this kind of ethereal thing. It was huge. It had it's hands outstretched to me and I remember wings behind it and I remember it was like whatever was in my head was having a stare down with it. My eyes went back to normal then a couple minutes later the same thing happened, only this time the thing was closer and more pronounced that I could see some color on it.

Then the thing that was in my head vanished and so did to, the thing in the sky moments later. Then I felt normal and had nothing happen after that until we were going home. We stopped at my dad's friend's house and after we left I just looked over to a street sign that had been worn down and some of the letters had been scraped off or faded. But what I saw on the sign was "Uriel" or at least that's what my mind saw. I recognized this as an angel name. So I went home to look this angel up and I remember there was this sensation of fire like on my back and body(as if I turned my back on a campfire while sitting close to it)

As it would turn out Uriel means "fire of God" or "light of God" and he is an angel. According to some sects of Christianity, Uriel is one of the 7 archangels corresponding to of Wendsday and according to a site I looked at after this, it corresponds with your birthday. Mine being April 1st 1992. A Wendsday. But that's not all, the clothes and colors I could see directly correlated with the Mosaic of St. Uriel by James Powell and Sons, at St John’s Church, Boreham, Wiltshire.

I know this is strange to believe but, it's a true story. If it hadn't happened to me I wouldn't have believed this. And yes, I am drug free.

It is a strange situation, to be frank. You see yourself beside yourself, or a reflection.

You need serious prayers, I suggest. When it happens again boldly ask( that is, if you are conscious enough): What do you want?. Whatever it is, if it is spiritual, would definitely respond. Maybe it's a divine call from God...The Uriel thing.
I don't know if you are really willing to hear HIM.

You said you were once a Christian or something. I didn't get it clear. I must be frank with you. If you really need help you must embrace Christ. No half-way thing about Christianity. You are either with Christ or not.

(Are you able to talk, open your eyes wide, move your body etc when it happens, when you are in your bed?)

welcome to CF.net:wave

Yeah I'm able to move,talk,etc. Yeah I was formally a Christian, like I believed I felt God and all that and the Bible. Now I'm more or less looking for an understanding which is why I consider myself a spiritual person rather than put myself in a religion atm.

As for talking to it, It happened really fast if you mean the angel like thing. Then it kind of vanished.As for not hearing from him why wouldn't I want to? If you mean the other thing, I could only really tell it wasn't me but it didn't feel mustache twirling evil, if you know what I mean.

And thank you :)

Dude that sounds like a call from "God" man......even though it might of not been intentional from the sounds of it in a way, i guess the angels noticed you were being taken over by a Demon and called for a Higher Angel for help to free you from it

well at least that how i read it, in my opinion you are very lucky/unlucky to have such of an experience
Lucky: in the way you got to meet an Angle/A sign from god
Unlucky: that you may have been in possession of an Unlawful spirit, and that you are too naive to notice that God may be tryin to get you back on the right path

It's not that I don't recognize that. It's that I'm trying to sort out what the truth is. Kind of like a soul search I guess in a way. I figure the only reason one would come like that is if there was a good reason. I choose to consider myself a non Christian until it's all sorted out to me. If that makes sense.

Ima respect your decisions, but im grateful to hear that you are giving it a chance and hope your are on the path of becoming a "Born Again Christian"

Anywho i am just a guy looking out for a fellow Brethren, mostly cause i absolutely hate when Christians are turnt away from their faith by Faulty leadership, or Fake Teachings........ Mostly cause i have alot of Atheist and Agnostic friends who were Christians and Catholics and it made me sick to my stomach to hear what turnt them away, cause most of them were cause of of those reasons i listed, cause in my heart and to my knowledge what they were teaching wasnt the truth and only biased parts of it

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back