Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Anger

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Jesus was angry many times with people like when he cleared the Temple of the money changers and animal sellers as they disregarded God's holiness and worship, Matthew 21:12,13, Mark 11:15-18; John 2:13-22.

Mark 3:1-5 Jesus was angry at the Pharisees for their stubborn hearts in the synagogue of Capernaum where he healed a man on the Sabbath.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

We are instructed to not avoid anger, but to deal with our anger in a timely manner so that we do not sin against God. Anytime Jesus was angry he always gave explanation why in showing others the way of God.

Our anger towards others has to have proper motivation at not being angry at the person as we keep control of ourself, but at the sinful behavior and true injustice they cause. Anger has to have proper supplement, Mark 3:5, as by grief over those who lack faith as we need to show love by praying for them and forgiving their actions for they know not what they do.

Jesus was angry many times with people like when he cleared the Temple of the money changers and animal sellers as they disregarded God's holiness and worship, Matthew 21:12,13, Mark 11:15-18; John 2:13-22.

Mark 3:1-5 Jesus was angry at the Pharisees for their stubborn hearts in the synagogue of Capernaum where he healed a man on the Sabbath.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

We are instructed to not avoid anger, but to deal with our anger in a timely manner so that we do not sin against God. Anytime Jesus was angry he always gave explanation why in showing others the way of God.

Our anger towards others has to have proper motivation at not being angry at the person as we keep control of ourself, but at the sinful behavior and true injustice they cause. Anger has to have proper supplement, Mark 3:5, as by grief over those who lack faith as we need to show love by praying for them and forgiving their actions for they know not what they do.

Yes, the Lord knows we will be frustrated and get angry from time to time, however as His nature is formed more and more in us we will become more loving and patient, as well as less easily offended.

However, if we do become angry we don’t need to try and hold it in and let it turn bitterness.

If we are still angry to the point of wrath by the time the day is over, we should consider that we may be the one with the issue.

• If we are still angry to the point of wrath by sundown we probably are holding unforgiveness.
People who have an anger problem usually have a forgiveness problem.

Unforgiveness is extremely dangerous and will eventually cause us to no longer be forgiven of our sins by God.

At this point we will be given over to the tormentors.

I have counseled Christian’s who are in this state and have been on medication because they are tormented and have anxiety.

I have watched people instantly stop smoking cigarettes and drinking and throw away their “prescription” meds when they discover the power of forgiving others.

Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
“So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.
” Matthew 18:32-35

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

There are two types of anger. One is justified like Jesus anger towards the money changers and then there is unjustified anger by allowing resentment well up in you as you strike out against another.

Reactions: JLB
Yes, the Lord knows we will be frustrated and get angry from time to time, however as His nature is formed more and more in us we will become more loving and patient, as well as less easily offended.
This is something I have actually noticed in myself lately. The older I get the less things seem to get under my skin and the more I am able to just let things go past me. Maybe I'm just getting less emotional, or maybe I am just learning that I cannot control others.

This is something I have actually noticed in myself lately. The older I get the less things seem to get under my skin and the more I am able to just let things go past me. Maybe I'm just getting less emotional, or maybe I am just learning that I cannot control others.

Maybe you are becoming more Christ-like as His nature is formed in you.

Back