Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Animal Cruelty?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
I just read the story about the mad men and the pigs and how Jesus cast out a bunch of demons and let them to go live in the body of pigs before they fell off a cliff and into the water and drowned. My question is even though I love ham and bacon more than the next person, but if Jesus loves the world wouldn't that include animals of every kind? :confused Even though I do believe that He still ate meat.

He cares for them, but they are nothing when compared to a person in terms of value(Matthew 6:26).

In the passage you just read, the way Jesus acted showed that the one persons freedom and sanity were worth more than the lives of a whole herd of pigs.

He cares for them, but they are nothing when compared to a person in terms of value(Matthew 6:26).

In the passage you just read, the way Jesus acted showed that the one persons freedom and sanity were worth more than the lives of a whole herd of pigs.

Oh okay that makes sense to me now. I was wondering whether or not that this story had a point to it.

Northman is absolutely correct in his reply to you Sister. The pigs are, in God's teachings "unclean". Therefore, as Northman states that one human of Whom Christ died is position-ally worth more alive than swine.

A question that I've always had is, why did the Jews of that region have all those pigs since they were unclean. My thought is only to sell to the Gentiles of that region?? Thoughts?

Love You,
Chopper :hug

Northman is absolutely correct in his reply to you Sister. The pigs are, in God's teachings "unclean". Therefore, as Northman states that one human of Whom Christ died is position-ally worth more alive than swine.

A question that I've always had is, why did the Jews of that region have all those pigs since they were unclean. My thought is only to sell to the Gentiles of that region?? Thoughts?

Love You,
LOL! Being a second generation descendant of one of the most famous American/German Swine Breeders in the world, in his day, I never thought of that. Add in the idea of him dropping the last two, I believe, letters of his last name to avoid the Jewish stigma and I'll bet good money that you can see the humor I see. He sold Breeders from his Grand Champion Linage until the death of one vety intelligent, Lutheran, Pig Farmer. Knowing my ancestry, I think you might have nailed it down.

Love You,
LOL! Being a second generation descendant of one of the most famous American/German Swine Breeders in the world, in his day, I never thought of that. Add in the idea of him dropping the last two, I believe, letters of his last name to avoid the Jewish stigma and I'll bet good money that you can see the humor I see. He sold Breeders from his Grand Champion Linage until the death of one vety intelligent, Lutheran, Pig Farmer. Knowing my ancestry, I think you might have nailed it down.

Love You,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back