Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

another newbie

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
N

Nostalgic Dawn

Hey, I'm Sarah (or SJ, whatever you wish). I'm 21 and living in VT, USA. I was raised Christian and have espoused that belief system for my own, although my theology isn't always in synch with that of my home churchs'.

I'm a third year college student majoring in Psychology and minoring in French.

One of my passions considering Christianity in a nonChristian world is to help Protestants to feel more comfortable around homosexuals, and to not be so judgemental toward them. We are all in sin, so singling out one group and not talking to them is so not cool. I try to break down barriers and help people (from both sides) to see the light. Many homosexuals I know are opposed to Christianity and befriending Christians due to the fact that we are often so judgemental. I agree. Judgement does seem to about, where mercy should be more prevalent. Think of the kinds of people Jesus would hang out with; all likeminded believers? I don't think so.

Haha, end of rant. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this online community, and I'm sure it will provide much toward my gaining knowledge in terms of theology and more.

God Bless :)

Welcome Sarah!! I agree that we should show Christ's love to all people. It is important to love the sinner even while hating the sin. It is important to also to remind them that we all need to repent. Sin is what keeps us from having a relationship with Jesus. We must love them and show them the whole truth.

Proverbs 28:13
"He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever
confesses and renounces them finds mercy."

Enjoy the forums!!

Blessings Sarah, and welcome.

I hope, as Christians we show hospitality to all with a heart that seeks to do all things as unto the Lord, in true love. I hope we see it as our duty to God, and our ministry to others, to be loving and merciful enough to share God's truth sincerely without a spirit of self-righteousness. To encourage, by preaching God's Word, unbelievers to believe and turn from unrepentance to repentance; This will save their souls from an eternity spent in hell, and torment, separated from God aways and forever.

Hello and welcome. I see you are majoring Psychology. I myself am a semester away from getting a Bachelors in Psychology. Well look forward to reading your posts, when I get my computer back that is.

Back