Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Another Nice Sounding Aphorism.

Jacob62

"Submitting yourselves one to another." Eph. 5:21.

To satisfy the demand from various people for worshipping the context, yes, the context in Eph. 5:21-33 can be said to involve mutual cooperation within the body of the Church.
Oddly, in this passage unmarried Paul gives advice to marriage people. In fact, 1Cor. 7:12 has Paul honestly admitting about his advice there upon marriage, "Speak I, not the Lord."

Paul in Ephesians displays his technique of making churchy sounding generalizations while deigning to materially demonstate them. This is why Church Talkers today as well speak broad minded demands, employing words like "Let," "May," "We," "I Trust," "Here is a key," and "In Faith" without actually demonstrating such. This type of professionally delivered verbal waltzing, as well as any hacked mimicry, given to people just sends them home thinking, "What did we just hear?" And, "So what are we supposed to do about it?"

In Paul's aphorism of "submitting," he does not specify how, to what effect, or as demonstrated by his example. In fact, Paul never within his writings ever shows actual submission of himself to anyone else in the Churches. He just spouts the directive to others.

Never heard of anyone worshipping the context, but only learning from it. Although you do have many that worship the Bible as a holy book, but have no understanding of what is written in it.

What exactly is your concern about Paul speaking for himself about married couples? I feel it is very good advice, especially if one of them come to Christ after they are married as they could help lead the other spouse to Christ. If they are happy then yes, they should stay married.

What is so wrong about Paul comparing marriage to that of the body of Christ?

We do not lead by our own example, but by the example of Christ that is in us and we in Him as being obedient to Him. We do not submit our self to any type of Church, even within our teaching, as Paul taught, all submission is unto God in whom by His Spirit gives us what to speak to the body of Christ.

Never heard of anyone worshipping the context, but only learning from it. Although you do have many that worship the Bible as a holy book, but have no understanding of what is written in it.

What exactly is your concern about Paul speaking for himself about married couples? I feel it is very good advice, especially if one of them come to Christ after they are married as they could help lead the other spouse to Christ. If they are happy then yes, they should stay married.

We do not lead by our own example, but by the example of Christ that is in us and we in Him as being obedient to Him. We do not submit our self to any type of Church, even within our teaching, as Paul taught, all submission is unto God in whom by His Spirit gives us what to speak to the body of Christ.
What would be a few easily observed examples of Christ in you personally?

First and foremost would be love as I had to learn the love of Christ in order to love others the way Christ loves me, even with my faults as no one, other than God, has the right to judge others.

Second would be the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness and temperance.

First and foremost would be love as I had to learn the love of Christ in order to love others the way Christ loves me, even with my faults as no one, other than God, has the right to judge others.

Second would be the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness and temperance.
Paul says in 1 Cor. 5:12 Believers are to judge those in the Church. This is not what you feel is right? Correct? Will I now read a long, chatty response?

Paul says in 1 Cor. 5:12 Believers are to judge those in the Church. This is not what you feel is right? Correct? Will I now read a long, chatty response?
1 Corinthians 5 is about sexual immortality that defiles the Church that we are to judge the brother who fornicates and cast him out of the church as we are not to associate with such who fornicate. If they be cast out then there is hope they will see and change their evil ways, repent and come back to the Church.

I actually do not "have" anyone worshipping the Bible, but I do read of it and hear it constantly.

Paul was not speaking for himself. He gave no first hand advice about any marriage experience he had.

Yes, "We" do indeed lead by example. "We" know this because "We" read of Jesus doing so. "We" have children "We" raised who will often mimic "Us" without even trying. "We" laugh about this
whenever "We" are together. Do you believe what I just said? Maybe ... ?

Bless your desire to learn. You are doing well

1 Corinthians 5 is about sexual immortality that defiles the Church that we are to judge the brother who fornicates and cast him out of the church as we are not to associate with such who fornicate. If they be cast out then there is hope they will see and change their evil ways, repent and come back to the Church.
Thank you for repeating what I just said. Being so alert and helpful is a marvelous gift.

Blessings in your day at the office.

Back