Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Answers to the Pre-Trib Rapture questions Pt. 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Vic C.

Q-Revelation 4:4 says...

Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

These 24 elders represent the Church. Since they do, a pre-tribulation rapture can only explain their existence.

A-Actually, this can not be confirmed by the Bible or by any of the many conservative scholars. Some say they represent the redeemed ones of the OT and NT, that the 'church' is made up of the 'elect' from both. Others say that that the elders are angelic beings that were created by God as part of His government. No one of them can actually agree as to who these elders are.

There is evidence that the elders are representatives of those redeemed from Israel and the OT. Notice that the word elder (presbuteros), as it is used in Revelations, is used only in reference to the 24 elders. It is used 12 times in Revelations. In other parts of the Bible, the word is used in different ways. It is used to refer to tribal leaders in the OT. And in
the NT, it referred to the leaders of the synagogues and the leaders of the early church. It was also used to describe the OT men of Faith.

1 Chronicles 24 gives us the best description of who these elders are.(keep in mind the white raiment they were wearing in Rev.4:4) Notice also that they were sitting down. This was a bold statement by John. The Jews of his time knew that Levitical priests never sat down; for their work was never done. They were too busy sacrificing animals. Remember this sacrifice cannot atone for sin; it could only cover sin for a year, until the next Day of Atonement. But remember, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, covers them forever. Hence, their work was done and they were now able to sit.

About the white raiment; the high priest discarded his priestly robes and pot on instead 'the Holy linen cloth' before they entered the Holy of Holies. They were to wear this only in the presence of God. And there is more. Note the significance of the crowns of gold they are wearing. The crowns represent victory. There are two types of crowns mentioned in the Bible.

One is the crown of a ruler (king) the other, the crown of an over comer, a victor.

etc...

Q-We all agree that there is a restrainer holding back evil in the world today. That restrainer is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells each believer. Restraint is achieved through the faith of the saints. At the Rapture, the church is removed from the world and along with it goes the Holy Spirit. This occurs before the Day of the Lord.

2 Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2 Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2 Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2 Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Well from what Paul says, it is the Holy Spirit who holds back the anti-christ. The Spirit is removed before the Day of the Lord. That Day occurs at the beginning of the tribulation. And when the Spirit is removed, the church is also removed too. This can only happen if there is a pre-tribulation rapture.

A-We have deduced that the Day of the Lord does not begin at the beginning of the 70th. week; it occurs at the opening of the seventh seal. Lets look at Revelations 6:12-13.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

It is after these events that the seventh seal is opened. These verses explain the cosmic disturbances Jesus describes in Matthew.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Now for the restrainer. First of all, he is not removed before the Day of the Lord. He is removed mid-trib; when the desolation of the Temple takes place.

2 Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Remember what Paul said in 2 Thes. 2:6-9. The restrainer is associated not with the whole seven year period, but with the Great Tribulation. (God's wrath)

Now who is this restrainer? It is not the Holy Spirit of the government; it is Michael, the Archangel. These facts may clear thing up. Michael is known by Jewish and Christians scholars as having a very special relationship to Israel. A guardian relationship.

Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia...

...Dan 10:20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
Dan 10:21 But I will show thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Michael's name means, "Who is like God?" That is in contrast to Satan, who wishes to be "like the Most High".

Also, Revelation 12 tells of a war that occurs in Heaven.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven...
...Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

I stated in another post that this woman represents Israel. The nation that eventually yielded up Christ to the world. Remember also that Israel will not be raptured and will be persecuted during the great tribulation. (Rev. 12:13) The Bible tells us that it is Michael who will be 'taken out of the way'.

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there
was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Let it be known that the phrase 'stand up' in the above verse literally means 'stand still'.

When does this occur? Lets look at the verse before 12:1.

Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

This refers to the Anti-christ. And what about this palace between the seas, in the glorious mountain? It could only refer to Jerusalem, which sits between the Mediterranean and Dead seas. It occurs when the Temple is desecrated, which happens in the middle of Daniel's 70th. week. In Jude, there is also a reference to Michael, referring to his 'guardian' status toward Israel.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Remember at the beginning of this answer, I quoted 2 Thes. 2:7...here it is again, using the NKJV.

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way."

This verse affirms what Daniel said in 12:1. There is so much more on Michael and his relationship to Israel, but I have taken too much time already. ; - )

Q-I believe the Bible should be taken literal. With this understanding, one must come to the conclusion that a pre-tribulation rapture is the only possible position. After all, if the Bible says it, it must be the truth.

A-This is circular reasoning at best. Everyone who is either, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, pre-wrath, etc. believes this to be true. Only with the scrutiny and discernment of God and His Holy Spirit guiding you to the truth, can the truth be found. The object of this Q and A was to point out two things...

1-There seems to be holes in the pre-trib view of the rapture
2-I believe that not only does a pre-wrath view plug these holes, it also has the most Biblical foundation in which to base the Rapture on.

I'm sure there will be many more questions raised by this. I can only say at this point you get a copy of the book, The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church by Marvin Rosenthal. This is where my information for these posts came from.

That and the Bible, of course! ;-)

:B-fly: Everyone out there!,In a Nut Shell,before you get a book,look up Ephream the Syrian who taught the pre-trib rapture A.D.373 who was an early christian writer!
Also remember,The Jew's did not know anything about the christian church the week before Christ was crucified on the cross.
We all know that in the tribulation many events must take place before Jesus will return again,and when he does it's the angel's who gather the elect,not Jesus Our Lord.
In the pre- trib Rapture,Jesus comes himself for his church.
Alot of those who are post trib,and mid-trib don't understand yet,that if the pre-trib rapture does occur that they will be left here,yet it will be their unbelief that keeps them here and they did not get ready to meet the Lord.
No offense Vic,people just have a right to know these things!!!
Your view is new,not ours,The Early church believed pre-trib,amen.
Be blessed,amen. :angel:

Everyone out there!,In a Nut Shell,before you get a book,look up Ephream the Syrian who taught the pre-trib rapture A.D.373 who was an early christian writer!

Everyone out there! Get your bible out and read for yourself!!

Also remember,The Jew's did not know anything about the christian church the week before Christ was crucified on the cross.

And what is you point here?

Alot of those who are post trib,and mid-trib don't understand yet,that if the pre-trib rapture does occur that they will be left here,yet it will be their unbelief that keeps them here and they did not get ready to meet the Lord

I have ask you a few times to show me scripture where it says this?? We are saved by grace and our belief and faith in Jesus Christ. Not our belief in the Pre-trib rapture. :o

No offense Vic,people just have a right to know these things!!!
Your view is new,not ours,The Early church believed pre-trib,amen

Our position is only new in name, it has always been in the bible! It is just Van Kampen put a name to it to help explaine it.

:angel: Thats right everyone,Get your Bible and read it for yourselves,and don't let another tell you how to read it!!! Read it for yourselves,o.k? blessings.

Quote:Blueeyeliner
Alot of those who are post trib,and mid-trib don't understand yet,that if the pre-trib rapture does occur that they will be left here,yet it will be their unbelief that keeps them here and they did not get ready to meet the Lord

Quote:biggrinrake
I have ask you a few times to show me scripture where it says this?? We are saved by grace and our belief and faith in Jesus Christ. Not our belief in the Pre-trib rapture.

Where are the scriptures to prove your statement, that if we don't believe in a Pre-trib rapture we will be left behind??

The sin of unbelief

:B-fly: First of all the bible says,and look it up,that because of unbelief some people were not healed!!! If the pre-trib rapture does happen,what will be your excuse for not believing in it?
If I am wrong and it doesn't happen,I was wrong,but I obeyed clear scriptures that said to be ready and prepare to meet Jesus.
If I am right,and you don't go in the rapture,please don't feel that God has rejected you!
Please read the parable of the ten virgins over again and again until you begin to see why 5 were foolish and were not allowed in the wedding.They were all ten virgins,so what happened?
Also,when Jesus comes in the rapture before the tribulation,he comes for us,when he comes for the tribualtion saints,the angels gather them.
please read Revelation 3:10
The church was not made known to the Jewish people before Jesus was crucified,so this shows that Jesus was teaching his disciples in Matthew 24,that this time of great tribulation was about them,not the church.It's Known as the time of Jacob's trouble.
also,God works on a system of free will,if you don't accept something,you are not going to take part in it.
The church is never the object of God's wrath!
Jer.30:7 Romans 11:27,Rev.3:9
!st Thes.1:10 Dt.4:30
Daniel 12:1,Ezek.20:37
1st Cor 15:51 Romans 11:25
1st Thess.5:9
Phil 4:5

Be blessed!

Quote blueyeliner:
The church was not made known to the Jewish people before Jesus was crucified,so this shows that Jesus was teaching his disciples in Matthew 24,that this time of great tribulation was about them,not the church.It's Known as the time of Jacob's trouble.

There are some who go so far as to claim that the entire book of Matthew is for the Jews only. A well-known pastor is quoted as saying, "Matthew was written by a Jew, to Jews, to be understood by Jews." And yet in this Jewish book we see a preparation for the church which is to come. For example, in the Sermon on the Mount (chapters 5-7) Jesus sets forth principles of righteousness; the miracles of the next chapters bring credibility and authenticate His ministry as He goes on to give the disciples instructions on how to carry out their ministry. Remember the transition that will soon take place from the old covenant to the new covenant in Christ Jesus. Yes, Matthew presents Jesus as Messiah to the Jews, but they rejected Him, and He makes preparation for the church which will soon be established by His disciples.

Therefore, Matthew 28:19-20 - often referred to as "the marching orders for the church" - becomes very important in relationship to understanding that the Olivet discourse is for the church. How can Christ's "great commission" to the disciples and the church be included in an exclusively Jewish book? Jesus said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (emphasis added). The question is: does "all things" include the Olivet discourse? Of course it does, or language has no meaning. In the Olivet discourse Jesus was giving instruction concerning the future, and that future included the church.

It is also interesting that the word church only appears two times in the gospels and both times it is in the book of Matthew which Toussaint says is Jewish. In Matthew 16:18 Jesus said; ". . . I will build My church and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it." In Matthew 18 Jesus gives instruction for church discipline and says that if an erring brother refuses to repent after he is confronted by one and then two, "if he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church" (v. 17). In Matthew 24 Jesus gives His disciples instruction about His future coming and what He tells them fits perfectly with the book of Revelation which He gave to John some years later.

It is interesting that the apostle Paul when speaking of false teachers in 1 Timothy 6:3-4 says, "If anyone advocates a different doctrine, and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions." Is it fair for me to believe that the words of the Lord Jesus Christ included the Olivet discourse?

Let me quote from Dr. Samuel Tregelles, a Greek scholar in the Brethren Church and a contemporary of John Nelson Darby, who the dispensationalist claims first taught the pretrib position. In Tregelles' book "The Hope of Christ's Second Coming" on page 37 in his chapter entitled "The Jewish Wastepaper basket" he writes, "But if things are so, to whom would the Scriptures apply which give warning of perilous times? To whom could signs be given? This consideration has led to the Jewish interpretation of Scripture. Whatever has been felt to be a difficulty has been set aside by saying that it is 'Jewish;' and that one word has been enough to show that it has nothing to do with the Church." Darby started this practice, and it continues to this very hour.

Unfortunately those who cannot define their pretrib position exegetically from Scripture get quite exercised when questioned concerning their position. It's much easier if you take Scripture for what it says making sure that you do not violate the context. Then let Scripture interpret Scripture to teach us the truth that God has for us. The Olivet discourse was given in response to a simple yet profound question by His disciples. They asked, "What is the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" In other words, they wanted to know when Jesus would return, and He answers them by giving them some details of what must take place first and what the sign would be. Compare what Jesus said in Matthew 24:27-31 with the classic rapture passage in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and the Armageddon passage in Revelation 19:11-16, and you will conclude that there is no question; Jesus is speaking of the rapture in the Olivet discourse.
http://www.solagroup.org/articles/endtimes/et_0015.html

First of all the bible says,and look it up,that because of unbelief some people were not healed!!! If the pre-trib rapture does happen,what will be your excuse for not believing in it?

What does the unbelief of healing have to do with the rapture. I'm I to believe that you don't have any scripture to support you claim.

If I am wrong and it doesn't happen,I was wrong,but I obeyed clear scriptures that said to be ready and prepare to meet Jesus

And lets just say I am wrong and you are right, why wouldn't I go in your rapture? I obeyed clear scriptures that say to be ready and prepare to meet Jesus!

If I am right,and you don't go in the rapture,please don't feel that God has rejected you!

You keep saying this, and I find this insulting.

Please read the parable of the ten virgins over again and again until you begin to see why 5 were foolish and were not allowed in the wedding.They were all ten virgins,so what happened?

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the parables.
I believe the 5 virgins that were ready were the saved virgins and the 5 who were not ready were ones that were not saved. In verses 11 and 12 I think tells all.
Matthew 211. "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12. "But he answered and said, `Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 5: This doen't sound like they weren't ready in the way you say. I believe they were not saved. And that is why the Lord said I don't know you.

Also,when Jesus comes in the rapture before the tribulation,he comes for us,when he comes for the tribualtion saints,the angels gather them.
please read Revelation 3:10

In the Greek "will keep you from" is TEREO EK. TEREO means to "watch over protectively, guard" and with the preposition EK it carries the idea of being guarded or protected and rescued out from the midst of danger. If the idea of keeping one from entering were intended the preposition APO would have been used. So it is the idea of deliverance out from within rather than an external deliverance.

Other Resources

Let's take a look at what some others have to say:

Goodspeed translates 3:10- "Because you have kept in mind the message of what I endured. I will also keep you safe in the time of testing that is going to come upon the whole world, to test the inhabitants of the earth."

Moffatt- "Because you have kept the word of my patient endurance, I will keep you safe through the hour of trial which is coming upon the whole world to test the dwellers on earth."

Fausett- "so as to deliver thee out of, not to exempt from temptation."

Swete- "to the Philadelphia Church the promise was an assurance of safe keeping in any trial that might supervene."

Zahn- "Testimony is borne once more to the Bishop of Philadelphia's proved faithfulness up till now, and he is assured that Jesus will requite him for this, when He preserves him at the time of the great temptation that is to come and test the inhabitants of the earth, and will rescue him out of the danger that will exist even for Christians found in it."

Beckwith- "The Philadelphians and those who show the same Christian steadfastness are promised that they shall be carried in safety through the great trial, they shall not fall."

Trench- "The promise does not imply that the Philadelphia Church should be exempted from the persecutions which should come on all other portions of the Church; that by any special privilege they should be excused from fiery trials through which others should be called to pass. It is a better promise than this; and one which, of course, they share with all who are faithful as they are - to be kept in temptation, not to be exempted from temptation."

Alexander Reese- "The use of EK in Revelation 3:10 distinctly implies that the Overseer would be in the hour of tribulation; the promise refers, either to the removal out of the midst of it, or preservation through it."

Robert Gundry- "to keep or protect in a sphere of danger, and that because ek means emergence out from within, the combination of the two Greek words (TEREO EK) means to protect believers in a sphere of danger (the tribulation period), with a final emergence out from within this sphere."

The Meaning Is Clear

The clear and obvious meaning concerns protection within the sphere of danger and not protection from danger. Christ has promised the faithful believers that He will deliver them at the revelation of His Glory at His Coming. To make this verse of Scripture mean "deliverance before the testing begins" is manipulating the Scripture to support a false position rather than accepting what the Scripture really says.
http://www.solagroup.org/articles/endtimes/et_0014.html

also,God works on a system of free will,if you don't accept something,you are not going to take part in it.
Ooh, everything you say here is true, I agree. I am aware of 'Jacob's trouble'. I do have my doubts about free will, at least in the sense that we Humans understand it. Want to try something? Do a word search in the NT for the words, elect, elected, chose, choose and chosen. Look at how they are used. There is a discussion in another tthread about this very subject. Check it out. :)

True, we are NOT subjected to God's Wrath. The dabate is when in Daniel's 70th. week does this occur? You are SO close when you said this...
so this shows that Jesus was teaching his disciples in Matthew 24,that this time of great tribulation was about them,not the church.
Once you learn there are two distinctive tribulations in Daniel's 70th. week and they do not happen simultaneously, you can understand. Though much of what Jesus said was to the Jews, Paul was clearly talking to the church when expounded upon Jesus' words here...
2 Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2 Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
We know from studying Daniel and Revelations that the man of sin (anti-christ/Satan) is revealed mid-point. Paul, by saying , "Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, ..." could only be talking to the Church, telling them Satan will be revealed first, before the Coming of our Lord. And by the words written in 2:5, it sounds like Paul told them this on more than one occasion.

Peace,
Vic

don't keep it a secret,do tell

:B-fly: No way!!! your not going there! Please tell me how you got to that position? When did anyone say that the whole book of Matthew was written just for the Jew's?
Just when I think you can't shock me anymore,you pull out another one!
Tell me who you believe that the Great Multitude are in the bible who have bodies already,because they are wearing white robes,and hold palm branches in their hands,and standing? When John looked over and saw them,the text does not say they just got there.
we know that the fifth seal don't recieve their bodies until the first day of the millenium,and even when they are given white robes,they are told to wait awhile longer .These fifth seal Martyrs are under the alter,but the great multitude stands before the alter of God.
Also,the bible says one day we will even judge angels!!!
Are they going to be judged on the earth?
please stop trying to make scripture fit what you wish it did.If you want to write a book on how Drake thinks the bible should be written,see if it works,but I don't buy into any of what you are trying to say,all you are doing is proving to me more how true the pre-trib rapture is,and that is why I am so happy I take the bible literally,I don't have to scripture hop to try to make sense out of it. Thanks for helping me prove this point!
Be blessed.

The Jew's?

Vic said:
Ooh, everything you say here is true, I agree. I am aware of 'Jacob's trouble'. I do have my doubts about free will, at least in the sense that we Humans understand it. Want to try something? Do a word search in the NT for the words, elect, elected, chose, choose and chosen. Look at how they are used. There is a discussion in another tthread about this very subject. Check it out. :)

True, we are NOT subjected to God's Wrath. The dabate is when in Daniel's 70th. week does this occur? You are SO close when you said this...
[quote:5e027]so this shows that Jesus was teaching his disciples in Matthew 24,that this time of great tribulation was about them,not the church.
Once you learn there are two distinctive tribulations in Daniel's 70th. week and they do not happen simultaneously, you can understand. Though much of what Jesus said was to the Jews, Paul was clearly talking to the church when expounded upon Jesus' words here...
2 Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
We know from studying Daniel and Revelations that the man of sin (anti-christ/Satan) is revealed mid-point. Paul, by saying , "Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, ..." could only be talking to the Church, telling them Satan will be revealed first, before the Coming of our Lord. And by the words written in 2:5, it sounds like Paul told them this on more than one occasion.

Peace,
Vic[/quote:5e027] :o Vic,I know that when the bible means the Jew's,it gives it's self away and lets us know. I was under the impression that Paul taught mostly the Gentiles! I am suppose to be blood related to both.
I do believe the pre-trib happens before the 70th week of Daniel,as the bible seems to indicate so well.
Who are the saints in the book of Revelation who are wearing white robes and already have bodies? We know that the 5th seal martyrs do not get their bodies until the first day of the millennium.
in the text where John see's the great Multitude standing before God's thrown holding palm branches,it doesn't say they just got there.could they be the pre-tribulation saints,who escaped the tribulation,or came out of it,meaning they didn't have to go through it?
We know that the other saints don't have bodies yet,but these saints do!
This is kind of early in the book of Revelation too.
I'm just asking you to re-examine the bible for yourself,o.k?
Why put all your faith in a man named Rosenthal, and let him tell you what to believe? Ask God to show you instead! I hope you will try to understand what I am telling you.
Be blessed,in Jesus,amen.

Blue, my research and studies go WAY beyond what Marvin says. And no, there is no requirement to be both blood of Jew and Gentile. Can we discuss things without the sarcasm? It would make our dabate.....actually pleasant.

I do believe the pre-trib happens before the 70th week of Daniel,as the bible seems to indicate so well.
ok, pretend I know nothing about all this. Convince me, using scripture, not some website.

Who are the saints in the book of Revelation who are wearing white robes and already have bodies?
This is a repeat question from a different post of yours and I answered it, though I doubt you will like my answer. :sad

I'm just asking you to re-examine the bible for yourself,o.k?

I already have, that is why I have forsaken my belief in pre-trib.

Why put all your faith in a man named Rosenthal, and let him tell you what to believe? Ask God to show you instead! I hope you will try to understand what I am telling you.

NO One 'tells' me what to believe but God's Holy Spirit. From the moment I was 'saved' my prayer has been for God to reveal His Truth to me. I ask nothing more from Him for myself.

Vic said:
IQ-Revelation 4:4 says...

Rev wishes to be "like the Most High".

Also, Revelation 12 tells of a war that occurs in Heaven.
persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

I stated in another post is Michael who will be 'taken out of the way'.

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which be found written in the book.

Let it be known that the phrase 'stand up' in the above verse literally means 'stand still'.

When does this occur? Lets look at the verse before 12:1.

Dan 11:45
This refers to the Anti-christ. And what about this palace between the seas, in the glorious mountain? It could only refer to Jerusalem, which sits between the Mediterranean and Dead seas. It occurs when the Temple is desecrated, which happens in the middle of Daniel's 70th. week. In Jude, there is also a reference to Michael, referring to his 'guardian' status toward Israel.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way."

This verse affirms what Daniel said in 12:1. There is so much more on Michael and his relationship to Israel, but I have taken too much time already. ; - )

Q-I believe the Bible should be taken literal. With this understanding, one must come to the conclusion that a pre-tribulation all, if the Bible says it, it must be the truth.

A-This is circular reasoning at best. Everyone who is either, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, pre-wrath, etc. believes this to be true. Only with
1-There seems to be holes in the pre-trib view of the rapture
2-I believe that not only does a pre-wrath view plug these holes, it also has the most Biblical foundation in which to base the Rapture on.

I'm sure there will be many more questions raised by this. I can only say at this point you get a copy of the book, The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church by Marvin Rosenthal. This is where my information for these posts came from.

:Fade-color Please tell us Vic,how to plug holes into a Mystery?
If you say that there are no Mysteries in the holy Bible,that would make you a liar,not God!
The Bible cleary tells us that there is a Mystery concerning Christ and The church and that it is liked to Marriage,and a wedding.
In the book of Revelation the Bride is spoken of in 21:9. Tell us who you think she is?
You totally believe that you should be able to disregard the holy bible when it says Mystery concerning Christ and His Church,and claim that Mystery's can be understood when God says it's a mystery that is not understood. Most people need to understand who it is that you believe since pre-wrath is not written nor is it found in the entire whole bible.
If we do not even know the day or the hour when Jesus will return,and Jesus doesn't know,only The Father,that would be a Mystery!
You believe a man by the last name of Rosenthal,and you advertise for him and the others you believe,instead of proving your claims,you discredit your self,and you attempt to say that you understand the parable of the ten virgins better than I do,when most people clearly can get the message on their own. Tell everyone how you view that parable,o.k?
Who do you say the bride of Christ is in Revelation?
when the bible teaches us about a church, it will often times use the symbol of a woman.The harlot is the wicked false church,and the church church is always a virgin.
find the words pre-wrath in the bible!
The tribulation,which includes all 7 years won't be any fun,nor will it in any
way be life as normal or usual,and the book of Rev. makes it very clear.It doesn't seem like Jesus returns in the midst of all the Chaos when the world is being tested and tried. Also,it would not seem like a surprise to people if Jesus did come because they will really want him to very much,and they will be waiting for him too return,because of all the trouble on the earth.
Spiritual adultery is committed when a believer becomes too devoted
to the things of this world. Look at who you trust,because it's not the holy bible,that is for certain.
We need to examine our lives and motives and direct them to the things Christ would have us do,then the truth can happen,not before.
The Bible tells us there is a Mystery between Christ and His Church,and if you believe this is true,you will know that Jesus will do as he said for his Bride,the Church,amen.
Thess.4:18
2nd Thess.2:7
Please use your old 1611 King James,we lovingly call "King Jimmy" it has greater meaning.
1st Cor.6:19,John 14:16,14:26
Revelation 3:10,which church was the bible telling us about here?
1sr Cor.15:52,1st Thess.4:16,I know of no scripture that teaches that believing in the pre-trib rapture makes you unsaved,it actually matches and lines up with scripture.
If even our own Lord and Savior,Jesus Christ does not know the day or the hour,then how could anyone else think they could or even come close to it,but for sure we know that people will most definately want Jesus to return during any part of the tribulation,because no part of it will be anything like what people are use to,and the christians will be very uncomfortable to say the very least.
It wouldn't take anyone by real surprise if Jesus returned then.
It would only surprise an unbelieving world prior to The Tribulation.
:angel:

Drake said:

[quote:ff6a3]I have ask you a few times to show me scripture where it says this?? We are saved by grace and our belief and faith in Jesus Christ. Not our belief in the Pre-trib rapture.

Where are the scriptures to prove your statement, that if we don't believe in a Pre-trib rapture we will be left behind??[/quote:ff6a3]

:B-fly: THE PARABLE OF THE TEN VIRGINS!

In the book of Revelation the Bride is spoken of in 21:9. Tell us who you think she is?

It is Israel. :wink:

Most people need to understand who it is that you believe since pre-wrath is not written nor is it found in the entire whole bible.

And neither is Pre-trib written nor is found in the entire bible! As a matter of fact one of the well known Pre-trib supporter said this about yours and his position.
Dr. John F. Walvoord, former president of Dallas Theological Seminary, from his book The Rapture Question (Findlay, OH: n.d., 1957, p.148), ". . . neither posttribulationism or pretribulationism is an explicit teaching of the Scriptures. The Bible does not, in so many words, state either."

It is the church!

Find the words pre-trib in the bible??!!

It doesn't seem like Jesus returns in the midst of all the Chaos when the world is being tested and tried. Also,it would not seem like a surprise to people if Jesus did come because they will really want him to very much,and they will be waiting for him too return,because of all the trouble on the earth.

Exactly, the Blessed Hope of the Glory of His appearing.

If even our own Lord and Savior,Jesus Christ does not know the day or the hour,then how could anyone else think they could or even come close to it,but for sure we know that people will most definately want Jesus to return during any part of the tribulation,because no part of it will be anything like what people are use to,and the christians will be very uncomfortable to say the very least.
It wouldn't take anyone by real surprise if Jesus returned then

How do you figure that no one would be surprised, if Jesus returned during the tribulation? Even if it was during the tribulation, no one would still know the day nor the hour He was coming.
Lets say you are having a birthday party and you invite me. The party starts at 2:00 . Tell me what time will I get there?? surprise!! You can't tell me when I will get there. Other then I will be there sometime around 2:00.

Even if it is pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or pre-wrath no one in any of these positions can tell when the exact hour the Lord will return.

Drake said:

[quote:32079]I have ask you a few times to show me scripture where it says this?? We are saved by grace and our belief and faith in Jesus Christ. Not our belief in the Pre-trib rapture.

Where are the scriptures to prove your statement, that if we don't believe ina Pre-trib rapture we will be left behind??[/quote:32079]

:B-fly: THE PARABLE OF THE TEN VIRGINS. look up the meaning of virgin! All ten were christians!

Drake said:
It is Israel. :wink:
[quote:27a3a]Most people need to understand who it is that you believe since pre-wrath is not written nor is it found in the entire whole bible.

And neither is Pre-trib written nor is found in the entire bible! As a matter of fact one of the well known Pre-trib supporter said this about yours and his position.
Dr. John F. Walvoord, former president of Dallas Theological Seminary, from his book The Rapture Question (Findlay, OH: n.d., 1957, p.148), ". . . neither posttribulationism or pretribulationism is an explicit teaching of the Scriptures. The Bible does not, in so many words, state either."

It is the church!

Find the words pre-trib in the bible??!!

It doesn't seem like Jesus returns in the midst of all the Chaos when the world is being tested and tried. Also,it would not seem like a surprise to people if Jesus did come because they will really want him to very much,and they will be waiting for him too return,because of all the trouble on the earth.

Exactly, the Blessed Hope of the Glory of His appearing.

It wouldn't take anyone by real surprise if Jesus returned then
How do you figure that no one would be surprised, if Jesus returned during the tribulation? Even if it was during the tribulation, no one would still know the day nor the hour He was coming.
Lets say you are having a birthday party and you invite me. The party starts at 2:00 . Tell me what time will I get there?? surprise!! You can't tell me when I will get there. Other then I will be there sometime around 2:00.

Even if it is pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or pre-wrath no one in any of these positions can tell when the exact hour the Lord will return.[/quote:27a3a] :B-fly:
I have told you many times,I cannot prove the pre-trib 100%,I do believe it is just the most accurate. No matter what stand we take on this subject,we all should love one another and behave like christians.
Jesus doesn't even know yet,when he is coming in the rapture,only The Heavenly Father knows.The angels don't know either.
It would seem to me that when we suffer a great deal,we want the Lord even more,so I would believe that because people will hope he comes back soon ,so much that it will be on their minds all the time,but the rapture occurs at a time when no one thinks it will happen,at a time when it's not on peoples minds so much.
My biggest point is,why not be ready,so that you know you'll get to go with Jesus?
I know that during the tribulation many more people will be saved.God will be on the minds of many people,and when natural disasters happen,you can see that people do seem to want to be closer to God.True,not all,but alot more tend to.
If the world becomes much more frightening and alot more uncertain,people will naturally cry out to The LOrd,we are his children.
You can see how frightening the world is now already,and it will become even much worse.I think people will have rescue,and being set free from torment on their minds alot,as well as miracles,because satan will use every false miracle he can to confuse the world even more in the tribulation.The first part of the tribulation will be many times worse than how it is now on this earth.People will want to get away from the antichrist,and this evil wicked world system that is coming upon the whole entire planet called earth.
satan will be more powerful these 7 years,and he will go after the saints of God much more intense than he's ever had,he will make Hitler look soft in comparison because the bible states it will be the worst time ever to come upon the face of the earth.satan will be thrown out of the heavens. Woe to all inhabitants of the earth when that happens.
I know that the christians may not know when the Lord will come in the tribulation,but they will desire for him to come,and the bible says that it will happen when no one believes that it will.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back