Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Anxiety

Hey All,
Father, we come before you today with praise and thanksgiving. We worship you and can't wait for Jesus to return. Redeemed78 is dealing with anxiety. Please relieve him of that. If it be your will, don't let it come back to him/her. We thank you and praise you in Jesus name, amen.

Glad to do it.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

After posting an incomplete list of the horrors of my childhood I witnessed, I having an anxiety attack as well. CS Lewis said to count our anxieties as our part in Christ's crucifixion and what he went through. He said it is an affliction for which we shouldn't feel guilty. May the Lord relieve you of anxiety and grant you peace.

There is this lady I know so full of anxiety at church every subday and I feel so depressed and anti-social. When she sees me and hugs me her anxiety goes away and helps me with one of my love languages. Don't tell me watching church online is the way to be. The bible says to gather. On my way to church I'm feeling like I don't want to go and I'm having a rough moment getting ready and choosing to go. I feel so much better afterwards. I'm not saying watching church online is wrong. You have to do what you have to do. To each their own, buy just show up. The body of christ needs you. All you gotta do is show up. The reason it is so hard is because your a threat to the devil. You have divine appointments you may miss. Do you think Satan wants you to go to church? Does he want you blessing people and receiving your blessings. Just show up. It's life changing. Just keep doing it no matter how hard it seems. Try to get good sleep the night before so you won't be sleepy at church. Do whatever you can to get to church especially if you have children.

As a general statement about anxiety to all Christians, don't under estimate the fact that a perceptive (and intuitive) person's anxiety may be sensing what is going on all around them. Of course they will run to ministers and counselors to "fix their problem" when in fact, it's the messed up world around them that one is reacting to. Meanwhile, the very people who claim to help may be in and of themselves too obtuse to see the dangers around them. To them it's "whistle a happy tune" and the world is rainbows (how true that's been lately lol) and butterflies while in fact, sinister things are happening. This is especially true with so-called general anxiety disorder. The only prayer and advice I can give is to take that very real fear and deal with it by being a light in this world to help others. Be the Lord's right-hand man (or woman) so that His works work through you instead of dwelling on the fear. Also keep yourself physically healthy (which is a large topic in and of itself).

Let me briefly tell my general anxiety when I was a youth. In the late 60's and early 70's I had general anxiety. People blamed it on when I went to a friend's funeral. But now looking back it was far more. Back in the 60's there was great social upheaval; riots and killings on campuses. There were racial tensions. There was the Vietnam war and yes, in 1967 and 1973 Israel was surrounded like today and there was fears of nuclear war. People predicted Jesus would come back soon. Sound familiar? When I found the Lord in the early 70's I was on God's side now and anxiety greatly abated. There were some things I was yet working out, but overall the anxiety was gone. I can see now, looking back, that I was feeling the craziness of the world and indeed, other people's feelings; not mine. Just remember that. It may not be you. Rather than dismissing the anxiety, it's more what are we all going to do with it?

High dose b vitamins and antioxidants have helped my anxiety. Unlike the pharmaceutical options I’m still…me…and I seem to have full use of my mental energy.

God has willed me to be healthy and I’m thankful 🥲. The vitamins seem to reduce my overall number of sick days per year. I also get fewer adverse effects from prescription medications.

Back