Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Anyone Else on Spring Break?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

Hi Everyone! Long time, no see, as we used to say when we were kids? What's everyone up to? Is anyone else on Spring Break?

We are, so we're having a much more relaxing week here on the RedTail Ranch. Viola's bio brother is visiting us and if there is ever an indicator of the passage of time, it's how much kids grow over the course of years when you're not around them. It's been a couple of years since he's been able to visit, and he is every bit as tall as Steve is. As for my baby boy Thomas... he's now 14 and is about an inch taller than his daddy, and his shoulders are broader. Viola is now 16 and is doing her part to increase my prayer life by learning how to drive. Tom is "unofficially" learning as well (but we won't share that, as he isn't supposed to for another six months.) Both are doing well with their school work, although Tom is a bit behind. But, even though he's behind, we're taking the week off...we all need the break.

No vacation for Steve though, he's at work. But, we stayed in town with him night before last and he'll be home on Friday.

As for me... I'm really working on the "relaxing" part. I need to stir my stumps and get some laundry done, but since the kids are taking a break and we're not planning on going anywhere until Saturday when we need to get Viola's brother home... I'm spending some time on the computer, playing some games... I'll probably watch some movies and maybe even take some naps...lol... I'm hoping for some good weather so I can get some yard work done, but not today... overcast with some cold winds and it look it might rain any moment.

Anyway, I thought I'd dink around here at CF.net and say "hi" to all my good friends here!

Hi :wave2

Things look so different from when I was hanging out here before, but I'm glad to see a lot of familiar names.

So, how about you... is it Spring break for anyone else? Are you (or did you) going on any kind of vacation or doing anything special? Is it spring time with flowers and sunshine, or are you being buried in snow still?

Hey friend, it's really good to hear from you. You sound so happy and your post lifted my spirits.
You have an amazing family put together by the Lord. It's very special. Viola I'm sure was very happy to be able to see her brother.
Rest up and enjoy!

Our spring break starts next week. Jake will be home and NO homework, yay! Just fun time. We will have time to play some Sim Farm. And I get to see the younger ones more too. By the time school starts again Jake's tulips may be blooming. He takes some to school to the little girls in his class.

If you happen to think of it in your prayer time will you please lift up our new pastor's wife, Dawn. They have a wonderful marriage, it shows. She is like you, busy busy. She's a lovely young woman with two teens, 16 and 15, who thankfully are truly Christian witness' for the Lord. You would understand the kind of prayer she needs.
She is such a blessing to the church and the community as a whole. She is involved in so many things. She even got certified with the Salvation Army so that she can distribute vouchers to the poor in our community. The churches do what they can but they are is so small it never seems to be sufficient.

It is truly good to hear from you. I miss your teachings and thoughts. :hug

Back