Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

anyone have motor and/or vocal tics? (not looking for advice)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
I don't have Tourette's Syndrome, but I've had two or three motor tics since a very young age. The biggest one is my eyebrow/eyelid twitching rapidly from anywhere to a few minutes to an hour or more. I also have one or two others that appear less often, one is a muscle in my thigh twitching.
I've never talked to a dr about this as the tics are nothing more than a very minor annoyance, but apparently this would be called persistent tic disorder as it doesn't meet the criteria for Tourette's.

I had a nervous tic in high school from incessant bullying. Later on I developed td from an atypical prescribed along with adderall. Apparently stimulants increase the td risk. And now I know…

No tics now thank God.

Do you have any twitches or anything from medicine? Not trying to preach but have someone screen for td now and then. New medications that suppress td are available. Dosage reduction and switching to another tranquilizer can help too.

Yes. My calves twitch 24/7. It started about five years ago. The docs think it could be a compressed nerve in my neck or neurological. It's mostly just annoying. It doesn't prevent me from sleeping and there is no loss of strength.

According to Google, as many as 1 in 5 people have chronic tics. That's a lot. (Compared to only 3% of the US population having Tourette's)

Also Christ_empowered they do ask me about facial tics from time to time. I don't have any new ones, just the ones I've had since childhood.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back