Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are ghosts truly demons?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riven

When I was a child, I lived in a house that seemed to be haunted. I awoke one night to see the ghostly apparition of my dead great grandmother staring at me. I want afraid until I saw her face. There was just... no expression. Totally blank. I became afraid, closed my eyes, and got under the covers.

Finally, I got the courage to look again and she was gone. I never saw her again. But I never felt like I was alone there even when I was. At night, me and my parents would hear dishes clanking and cupboards opening and closing in the kitchen. We would turn on the lights and some would be open. Things were moving on their own.

None of us knew what to do, so we just lived with it. It's amazing what you can learn to live with, truly.

Anyways, during my teenage years, something new started to happen. Just when I was about to fall asleep at night, I would be suddenly shocked awake by the loudest screams of horror, and the worst profanity I have ever heard in my life. A hatred so deep for me, for life, for existence, God, and just... a hatred of being itself. It was terrifying.

I was always a good student. But my grades eventually began to fail. I couldn't stay awake in school. I was so tired, and I found that I could sleep in school without the screaming. So that's what I did, and I failed every single class because of it. I got called lazy and was generally treated badly by teachers and my parents. I became severely depressed and considered killing myself than once.

In 2007, we decided to move to a new house a few miles away. I prayed on the way there that nothing from that old house would follow us. I remember the first night I slept there. I was so afraid, but I eventually gathered up the courage to try. And... nothing happened. I slept like a baby, and I woke up with tears in my eyes the next morning. The sun was shining through the window. It was almost like being born again.

Whatever was in that house, truly did hate me and everything else. I always thought they were spirits of people who had passed on because there was always more than one voice. That maybe my great grandma was trying to warn me. But looking back on it now, it does seem demonic in nature. Like maybe it presented itself as her to attempt to gain my trust? I don't know.

So my question is are ghosts truly demons? Are they behind hauntings and other paranornal phenomena?

When I was a child, I lived in a house that seemed to be haunted. I awoke one night to see the ghostly apparition of my dead great grandmother staring at me. I want afraid until I saw her face. There was just... no expression. Totally blank. I became afraid, closed my eyes, and got under the covers.

Finally, I got the courage to look again and she was gone. I never saw her again. But I never felt like I was alone there even when I was. At night, me and my parents would hear dishes clanking and cupboards opening and closing in the kitchen. We would turn on the lights and some would be open. Things were moving on their own.

None of us knew what to do, so we just lived with it. It's amazing what you can learn to live with, truly.

Anyways, during my teenage years, something new started to happen. Just when I was about to fall asleep at night, I would be suddenly shocked awake by the loudest screams of horror, and the worst profanity I have ever heard in my life. A hatred so deep for me, for life, for existence, God, and just... a hatred of being itself. It was terrifying.

I was always a good student. But my grades eventually began to fail. I couldn't stay awake in school. I was so tired, and I found that I could sleep in school without the screaming. So that's what I did, and I failed every single class because of it. I got called lazy and was generally treated badly by teachers and my parents. I became severely depressed and considered killing myself than once.

In 2007, we decided to move to a new house a few miles away. I prayed on the way there that nothing from that old house would follow us. I remember the first night I slept there. I was so afraid, but I eventually gathered up the courage to try. And... nothing happened. I slept like a baby, and I woke up with tears in my eyes the next morning. The sun was shining through the window. It was almost like being born again.

Whatever was in that house, truly did hate me and everything else. I always thought they were spirits of people who had passed on because there was always more than one voice. That maybe my great grandma was trying to warn me. But looking back on it now, it does seem demonic in nature. Like maybe it presented itself as her to attempt to gain my trust? I don't know.

So my question is are ghosts truly demons? Are they behind hauntings and other paranornal phenomena?
Demons .

They hide behind what personalities they think will be received and accepted by the victim, but no facial expression is usually a dead giveaway. A real relative will be as caring, or mean and angry, or whatever their personality was in their earthly life. But all the demons usually know about the person is what they looked like from an old picture, so they play the odds by having no facial expression at all. It's an imposture, and you can rest assured that when they move into terrorizing mode that they are NOT your relatives, unless you had a really sadistic grandmother.

It's a somewhat more common story for younger girls, btw, whom will they seek to sexually assault if they can bring the victim fully under their control through fear.

I think probably most of them are demons, but who really knows. No humans that are alive. Who is to say that spiritual creatures that we have no need to know about exist? Also there are theories on energy being left behind, etc, which could explain some encounters that aren't interactive.

It's fascinating to think about (at least I think so), but imo it's best not to explore much.

edit: Dang, I didn't actually read your post before respondng. That was definitely demons. Generally it's considered best practice not to speak of demonic activity in a story-telling "hey check this out" kinda way, because a fascination with the subject could draw them to you.

They hide behind what personalities they think will be received and accepted by the victim, but no facial expression is usually a dead giveaway. A real relative will be as caring, or mean and angry, or whatever their personality was in their earthly life. But all the demons usually know about the person is what they looked like from an old picture, so they play the odds by having no facial expression at all. It's an imposture, and you can rest assured that when they move into terrorizing mode that they are NOT your relatives, unless you had a really sadistic grandmother.

It's a somewhat more common story for younger girls, btw, whom will they seek to sexually assault if they can bring the victim fully under their control through fear.
Yes. At first I was so happy to see her. She had died a year or two earlier, and so it was nice at first. But as you said, her face is what gave me pause. She was so loving and kind in real life. She would never look at me like that.

It really did seem like it wanted me to take my own life out of pure exhaustion. My parents never had the experience. It targeted me and turned my parents against me when I started to fail in school. It was intelligent.

Last edited:

Yes, IMO ghosts are demons. These things seem to feed especially off fear, anger and lust. It seems you had a poltergeist from the sounds of it, but you were more emotionally sensitive to it than your parents, thus the visions. The rest just saw the physical effects. Your story sounds a lot like the Smurl Poltergeist case up north of me in West Pittston Pa. That family all experienced horrifying events. In the meantime, so as you stay well, read the Word of God all the way through. Then when you are done, read it again and again. It changes one. It says "Resist the devil and he WILL flee." Through Jesus Christ, God wants to clothe you in righteousness and his very presence, the Shekinah Glory (aka the Holy Spirit) is an all consuming fire that destroys evil. As a matter of fact, I realized lately that is what hell is. Nothing unrighteous can face God and live. They are destroyed by the brightness of His Coming. This is where the chaff is burned. This is where he will baptize one with the Holy Spirit (and thus becoming like Him has eternal life) or fire (destroyed in a lake of fire). Satan and the demons can't stand such a person. You may even find the poltergeists afraid of you!

Praise God you finally escaped the torment ! I can only imagine how it was for you and your family living in your old house .

Ghosts= demons , evil spirits , devils .

Samuel chapter 28, evil spirits can impersonate a loved one. Witch of endor, she was medium. She called up prophet samuel for king saul. One big problem. It wasn't samuel. It was demon impersonating samuel. There's no ghosts. All souls are with God. Messing with the occult will invite demons. Fear can cause hallucinations. When I was 5 years old. Several times I saw a tiger staring at me from top of stairs, and I was standing at the kitchen sink. Fear is what caused it. Make a distinction between fear with hallucinations and demons invited into your home. Its written in gospel of Luke, Jesus gave Christian people power over satan and evil spirits, in the name of Jesus. Order it out of your home.

Whatever they are, if it doesn't feel holy.. that SH ain't holy!
Whatever label we put on these things, there is clearly enough global account evidence to suggest they are a thing
Pray to the Lord for strength regardless of whether it's hallucination, demon, daimon, ghost, spirit etc..

You are also right on the money. Fear can absolutely cause hallucinations. As for what you said about the occult I think you'll find this thread VERY interesting: https://christianforums.net/threads...ut-the-unexplainable-event-that-happen.95925/
If you really want to delve deep Hidden In Him also left a useful link with a lot of research compiled into one place.

That is why I am very sure about what I said starting this post off with. Too many coincidences. And lets be honest... have you EVER met a person who said they've NEVER had some kind of weird "Unexplained" stuff happen? Everyone says they have at least once. That can't be a whole lot of nothing now can it? So it's clearly a thing, the same thing and most likely not the Lords doing..

BTW I'm a new Christian "in process" so I haven't read the bible just yet so I'm not the most clued up with theology. Just think my thread will be interesting to you

About 30 years ago I rented the lower part of a home. After I moved out, the home was sold and it turned out that a coworker bought it. One day he was telling me about some strange things that happened to them. Nothing dangerous but freaky nonetheless.

One time his wife was vacuuming the floor in the lower level that I had rented when I was there. She turned off the vacuum cleaner and was standing there talking to her husband, my coworker. He said they were just talking and all of a sudden the vacuum cleaner turned on all by itself! They weren't even within arms reach from it. Certainly baffled them.

Another time they were sitting in that room watching television. There is a light near the top of the staircase going upstairs to the upper level and this light has a pull cord string to turn it on and off. He said he had turned off all the lights upstairs when he came down to watch television. While they were watching television he said suddenly they noticed there was a light on upstairs. He went up to see if he had forgotten to turn off a light and he said the light with the pull cord was turned on. Strange thing was that the pull string was swaying back and forth. He stopped it and purposely swung it to see how long it took for it to settle and he said it only took a few seconds. Certainly less time that what he used when he noticed the light was on and walked up the stairs to check it out. He never found out how that light got turned on but it obviously did.

The last time I asked him if they had experienced other things and he mentioned one other incident but I don't recall what it was and they hadn't had any others over the years.

Whatever they are, if it doesn't feel holy.. that SH ain't holy!
Whatever label we put on these things, there is clearly enough global account evidence to suggest they are a thing
Pray to the Lord for strength regardless of whether it's hallucination, demon, daimon, ghost, spirit etc..

You are also right on the money. Fear can absolutely cause hallucinations. As for what you said about the occult I think you'll find this thread VERY interesting: https://christianforums.net/threads...ut-the-unexplainable-event-that-happen.95925/
If you really want to delve deep Hidden In Him also left a useful link with a lot of research compiled into one place.

That is why I am very sure about what I said starting this post off with. Too many coincidences. And lets be honest... have you EVER met a person who said they've NEVER had some kind of weird "Unexplained" stuff happen? Everyone says they have at least once. That can't be a whole lot of nothing now can it? So it's clearly a thing, the same thing and most likely not the Lords doing..

BTW I'm a new Christian "in process" so I haven't read the bible just yet so I'm not the most clued up with theology. Just think my thread will be interesting to you
I think many people experience these things at some point in their lives and they dismiss it. I can't blame them really. Old houses make noises and stuff.

One night my friend stayed the night. We stayed up and played Xbox together and then went to sleep. That night, there was no voices. Instead we both woke up to a noise in the living room, and we both witnessed a full body apparition sitting on the couch. It looked like a male human, but was semi-transparent and had a slight white glow to it.

We were both terrified by what we were seeing that we couldn't even move. We sat there watch it until it just disappeared. We didn't really sleep after that and he never wanted to sleep in my house again. Can't say I blame him. Neither did I.

The eyes can play tricks on people but there are stories of strange things that happen. A lot of times you have to debunk it. If you're hearing things, sometimes setting up cameras or an audio recorder is ideal, just so if you're hearing it but the audio doesn't then its probably just your imagination.. I have heard at work before in the early morning what sounds like talking but couldn't hear what it was saying. Looked in the direction and the other guy knew I was hearing things 😂. Anyway with using earplugs, early in the morning around 5am and machines are going sometimes you are just not fully awake so that's probably just a hallucinatory thing.

If you and someone else hears the same thing then it might be something. One morning I was getting ready for work and I have one of these home made LED string lights you plug into the wall, well noticed that the one light into the bedroom was blocked.

It freaked me out because I was thinking something was blocking the light. Looked around the house, but didn't see anything. Later on realizing that the light is so high up that nothing human anyway could block it, then I assumed maybe the power flickered as on a rare occasion that does happen with the lights. Plus it's a home made LED string light so its bound to flicker from time to time.

I see some people do ghost investigations however with the claim of no human spirits is here then it "has to be a demon". I do know demons will often impersonate a loved one or a child to get your attention. If there is a paranormal aspect like doors shutting, lights turning on and off, stuff swaying when there is no air draft, knocking, that sort of thing that could be a sign of an evil presence. With all these videos on the paranormal, you have to be extremely objective because they will be made for clicks, views and a following.

One thing I do notice when waking up early and go on my phone is when a little orb like thing will cross my screen, at least with my older phone. Paranormal? Or maybe just my imagination. Either way I often will lock into it with my eyes while seeing it move across the screen usually in a horizontal plane.

There is a lot we don't know about the spiritual world and the best thing we can do is pray God is protecting us from evil entities. That he is in control and no one else.

The eyes can play tricks on people but there are stories of strange things that happen. A lot of times you have to debunk it. If you're hearing things, sometimes setting up cameras or an audio recorder is ideal, just so if you're hearing it but the audio doesn't then its probably just your imagination.. I have heard at work before in the early morning what sounds like talking but couldn't hear what it was saying. Looked in the direction and the other guy knew I was hearing things 😂. Anyway with using earplugs, early in the morning around 5am and machines are going sometimes you are just not fully awake so that's probably just a hallucinatory thing.

If you and someone else hears the same thing then it might be something. One morning I was getting ready for work and I have one of these home made LED string lights you plug into the wall, well noticed that the one light into the bedroom was blocked.

It freaked me out because I was thinking something was blocking the light. Looked around the house, but didn't see anything. Later on realizing that the light is so high up that nothing human anyway could block it, then I assumed maybe the power flickered as on a rare occasion that does happen with the lights. Plus it's a home made LED string light so its bound to flicker from time to time.

I see some people do ghost investigations however with the claim of no human spirits is here then it "has to be a demon". I do know demons will often impersonate a loved one or a child to get your attention. If there is a paranormal aspect like doors shutting, lights turning on and off, stuff swaying when there is no air draft, knocking, that sort of thing that could be a sign of an evil presence. With all these videos on the paranormal, you have to be extremely objective because they will be made for clicks, views and a following.

One thing I do notice when waking up early and go on my phone is when a little orb like thing will cross my screen, at least with my older phone. Paranormal? Or maybe just my imagination. Either way I often will lock into it with my eyes while seeing it move across the screen usually in a horizontal plane.

There is a lot we don't know about the spiritual world and the best thing we can do is pray God is protecting us from evil entities. That he is in control and no one else.
Amen to that last line, absolutely. That is all that really matters

Yes. Those who have been resurrected so far are residing in heaven. Those who have not are dead in the grave.

The Bible says nothing about the souls of dead people roaming the earth as disembodied spirits. When you die, if you put your faith in Christ, you are immediate ushered into His presence. There is no time in limbo, no purgatory... the Bible says NOTHING of purgatory!
But if you are an unbeliever, at death your soul goes to Hades, which is a place of deep darkness, to be confined until Judgement Day when the souls of the lost will stand before to the Great White Throne to be judged By God for their sins.
So, yes I do believe that ghosts are actually demonic impostors who impersonate the spirits of departed loved ones, specifically for the purpose of deceiving people to follow lies and deceiving doctrines to prevent them from finding true salvation in Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back