Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?

brightfame52

2024 Supporter
Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !

Those sinners Christ died for, gave Himself for, which are His Sheep, they arent the workers of iniquity because He hath redeemed them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

So to say that those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin/iniquity in them, for Christs sake.

Also see Numbers 23:21

He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !
No. God's elect are never the workers of iniquity.
God is Immutable.
God loves and God hates. He doesn't change.
He loves His people, and He hates those not His people.
Notice the word "workers" is a personal pronoun meaning the person.
So, this foolish that are foolish are not God's elect.
Also Psalms 11:5.

5 The LORD trieth the righteous:
But the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Ps 11:5.

The words "wicked" and "him" are also personal pronouns.

Does this help?

Though Gods Elect are by nature sinners like other folks, unlike the non elect, they have through Christ and for His name sake been forgiven all their trespassing Col 2:13;Eph 4:32 and so again God does not charge the elect with their iniquity as He does the non elect.

So the answer is absolutely NO the Elect can never be the workers of iniquity spoken of in Ps 5:5 because God doesn't hate the elect but Loves them, even while they're enemies and sinners, Read Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 2

So the answer is absolutely NO the Elect can never be the workers of iniquity spoken of in Ps 5:5 because God doesn't hate the elect but Loves them, even while they're enemies and sinners, Read Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 2
My conclusions on this question is as follows:

When God contemplated His Elect He Contemplated them as a loved race of beings.
He always saw us as a loved people.
We were with Him, in Him, In His Mind.
Then He created heaven, earth, and man.
By virtue of His blowing His breath into Adam’s nostrils and man became a living soul, He blew human history-future into his loins including everyone of His Elect to be saved at the appointed time.
By virtue of His blowing us into Adam’s loin we, His Elect became “lost” for that term is always used of believers/elect.
God has always loved us.
I also believe that God has always seen us not only as loved, but holy, righteous, and sinless.
That’s the way He contemplated us in His Mind for there is no sin in God. That’s the only way God can contemplate us.
Even when born into sin with a sin nature God loves us. He has always loved us.
Always.
To the point that He will die for us.

My conclusions on this question is as follows:

When God contemplated His Elect He Contemplated them as a loved race of beings.
He always saw us as a loved people.
We were with Him, in Him, In His Mind.
Then He created heaven, earth, and man.
By virtue of His blowing His breath into Adam’s nostrils and man became a living soul, He blew human history-future into his loins including everyone of His Elect to be saved at the appointed time.
By virtue of His blowing us into Adam’s loin we, His Elect became “lost” for that term is always used of believers/elect.
God has always loved us.
I also believe that God has always seen us not only as loved, but holy, righteous, and sinless.
That’s the way He contemplated us in His Mind for there is no sin in God. That’s the only way God can contemplate us.
Even when born into sin with a sin nature God loves us. He has always loved us.
Always.
To the point that He will die for us.
I agree with you, so what about the workers of iniquity, them whom God hates Ps 5:5, are they the same as the elect who sinned in Adam. Are the workers of iniquity part of that loved race of beings ?

If God has ever loved us from the foundation of the world, and if He hates 'workers of iniquity' then believers can never be workers of iniquity.
Okay, thats plain speech, and I agree, yet believers werent always believers, they were before conversion enemies to God, but even then they arent the workers of iniquity whom God hates.

Okay, thats plain speech, and I agree, yet believers werent always believers, they were before conversion enemies to God, but even then they arent the workers of iniquity whom God hates.
Those whose names are in the book of life were never seen by God as named in a book of death.
In other words, they were never enemies of God from God's perspective.
Remember, a lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.
This allowed a Righteous God to create an unrighteous being (Adam.)
And the breath in his nostrils was the instilling of those souls named in the book of life. God always loved His Elect. Always. Even in His Mind when He contemplated them.
That's the only way He can see them for there is no sin in God.

Those whose names are in the book of life were never seen by God as named in a book of death.
In other words, they were never enemies of God from God's perspective.
Remember, a lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.
This allowed a Righteous God to create an unrighteous being (Adam.)
And the breath in his nostrils was the instilling of those souls named in the book of life. God always loved His Elect. Always. Even in His Mind when He contemplated them.
That's the only way He can see them for there is no sin in God.
So that said, do you believe the elect were always Justified before God from everlasting ?

So to say that those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin/iniquity in them, for Christs sake.

Also see Numbers 23:21

He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.
The elect actually do work iniquity. Psa 5:5 states all workers of iniquity, not some but rather all. And as such, they (as well as all living beings) work iniquity according to the flesh, not the breath of life from God wherein man became a living being (Gen 2:7).

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The text you've cited (Num 23:21) is stating that God does not view Jacob/Israel apart from their redemption in Christ. And man's redemption is of spirit (the breath of life from God), not flesh (the carnal man/nature derived from the soil of the earth).

The elect actually do work iniquity. Psa 5:5 states all workers of iniquity, not some but rather all. And as such, they (as well as all living beings) work iniquity according to the flesh, not the breath of life from God wherein man became a living being (Gen 2:7).

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The text you've cited (Num 23:21) is stating that God does not view Jacob/Israel apart from their redemption in Christ. And man's redemption is of spirit (the breath of life from God), not flesh (the carnal man/nature derived from the soil of the earth).
No the elect arent the workers of iniquity, whom God hates Ps 5:5

No the elect arent the workers of iniquity, whom God hates Ps 5:5
Of course the elect work iniquity. Who do you think works the iniquity that God hates? The text tells us that God hates all workers of iniquity. Not some, but rather all workers of iniquity/lawlessness. If the elect did not work iniquity (Gk. ανομιας, ie: lawlessness) , there would be no need for Christ to redeem/ransom/purify the elect from it.

Tit 2:14 who did give himself for us, that he might ransom us from all lawlessness, and might purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works;

Of course the elect work iniquity. Who do you think works the iniquity that God hates? The text tells us that God hates all workers of iniquity. Not some, but rather all workers of iniquity/lawlessness. If the elect did not work iniquity (Gk. ανομιας, ie: lawlessness) , there would be no need for Christ to redeem/ransom/purify the elect from it.

Tit 2:14 who did give himself for us, that he might ransom us from all lawlessness, and might purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works;
The elect are sinners, but not the workers of iniquity that God hates. Ps 5:5 God loved the elect while they are sinners Rom 5:8

Gods Elect or Christs Sheep, though they're never the children of the devil, or the children of disobedience, or the workers of iniquity which God hates, yet by nature they have a natural affinity with them, and are considered among them. Thats why Paul says of the elect that by nature they're children of wrath as others. Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Much like the Beloved Prodigal Son, who while away from His Father, He was still a Son, but lived like and among them of the world Lk 15:11-24.

The elect are sinners, but not the workers of iniquity that God hates. Ps 5:5 God loved the elect while they are sinners Rom 5:8
It's rather humorous that you'll quote a text with one breath and then deny it with the next. Your doctrines will simply not allow you to believe what the text says. Your unable to draw a distinction between flesh (earthly) and spirit (heavenly).

Back