Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Are there any bible passages that stump you?

I presume that the Book of Revelations stumps most people, even bible experts. I'm curious what, if any, Bible passages are confusing for you. Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of verses that are confusing for me. Some Scriptures seem to be contradictory to others and yet I truly believe that Scripture does not contradict itself. If it did, it could not stand as Jesus said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." So I may study and give some time to Scripture I find confusing but I don't dwell on them too much if I don't understand them. Instead, I trust that God will let me understand what I need to understand when I need to understand it.

Here's one that we looked at this past Sunday during our adult Bible study that had me confused. Our pastor provided some clarity but I was still not totally understanding 100%. The part Jesus paraphrased from Isaiah sounds like He does not want those outside (unbelievers) to be saved and yet Scripture also tells us that God desires for all to be saved. This is not a contradiction so it tells me that I am not fully comprehending this Scripture therefore I'll leave it in God's hands to help me when the time is right.

Speaking about the parable of the sower (Mark 4:1-9), Jesus' disciples asked Him to explain it. This is recorded in Mark 4:10-12 NKJV.

And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, so that (paraphrasing from Isaiah 6:9-10)

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

Instead, I trust that God will let me understand what I need to understand when I need to understand it.
Absolutely. Usually if I can not understand a certain verse the Holy Spirit will give me other verses to read as in cross references that pertain to that verse and then it all comes together for my understanding.

Revelations is a hard book to understand as there is so much literal and symbolism, but if you take your time the Holy Spirit will reveal its mysteries. It took me 23 years of studying Revelation sifting through a lot of different materials, cross referencing from the OT, history and culture of the different eras, writing and rewriting, and especially hearing the Holy Spirit before I finished my book.

There is a parable Jesus spoke of a servant who mismanaged his master's affairs and fled to his master's debtors' forgiving their debts in order to find refuge. I stumps me.

what is the times of the gentiles ,after the cross the nature of Israel can't be just Hebrews only in whom can see God in the temple .is there a millennium ?I'm,skeptical ,it implies that His Son work needs. personal appearance

Absolutely. Usually if I can not understand a certain verse the Holy Spirit will give me other verses to read as in cross references that pertain to that verse and then it all comes together for my understanding.

Revelations is a hard book to understand as there is so much literal and symbolism, but if you take your time the Holy Spirit will reveal its mysteries. It took me 23 years of studying Revelation sifting through a lot of different materials, cross referencing from the OT, history and culture of the different eras, writing and rewriting, and especially hearing the Holy Spirit before I finished my book.

You wrote a book about Revelations? Where can I find it?

Back