Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Are there any sins God won't forgive?

Sorry if this has been posted before but just like the thread name says..

Are there any sins that God doesn't forgive? Like Murderers, pedophiles, homosexuals, ect? Or is he really all forgiving as long as you confess your sins and accept him into your heart full heartidly (sp) and live your life for him?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Harding your heart and the blatant denial of Christ. That action will not get your name in the Book of Life.

What FrMattCH said is what I believe as well. All sin has the same penalty (spiritual death). But Jesus died for ALL the sins of the world. So it is all forgiven if you recieve the gift. But if you turn it down then that is the one thing that means you will not have forgiveness.

Only one sin is unforgivable and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12:31-32 says, "And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Luke 12:10 also says the same thing. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Harding your heart and the blatant denial of Christ. That action will not get your name in the Book of Life.

As FrMattCH says....

If you reject Christ, then how can you be forgiven your sins?
Nothing else can pay for them or forgive them.
To reject Christ is to reject eternal pardon.
If you do this, then you have rejected the only way (John 14:6) to be forgiven, thus this is the one and only sin you can commit whereby you cant receive forgiveness, as you have rejected the only means available to be forgiven.
So, the one sin you can commit that will keep you unforgiven and unsaved and lost, is to reject forgiveness which is to reject Jesus Christ and remain a Christ rejector until you die....
See it?
So this is the sin of dying unpardoned and is the one and only sin you can commit that cant be covered by Jesus's sacrifice, as you have rejected Jesus's sacrifice..

And regarding blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
This is one of those verses that Christians needlessly fear, as they think it ither means to say the term God D_ _ _, or they think it means to somehow anger or offend the HS, perhaps by... "living in sin after you are saved"..
Well, let me tell you what it actually is..

1st, you as a Christian cant commit this sin.
And the reason is, you are not a 1st Century Pharisee who is attributing the healing power of Christ to the devil.
So, if you want to commit it, here is how you do it.
Get in a time machine.
Go back 2000+ years to the time of Christ.
Become a Christ rejecting Pharisee.
Then,..
Find Jesus healing someone, and then say to the crowd standing by who are astonished that Jesus just miraculously healed someone, that He was able to do this by... "the power of Satan".
So, what you have done, is you have tried to keep the people who would believe on Christ from believing on him by attributing his work to the Devil.
In other words you are a Pharisee watching Jesus , who is so full of envy that you are trying to discredit the work of the Holy Spirit as Christ is doing it, by saying these miracles are the "work of Satan's power".
The idea being,... to keep the Jew who were watching from accepting Christ as their Messiah.
So, to BLSPHMY the HS, is to become a 1st Century Pharisee who is literally trying to created a VERBAL ROADBLOCK of DOUBT and UNBELIEF between Jesus and anyone who would come to him after watching him do a miracle .
Literally, it means to be a Pharisee who is trying to convince the Jews that Jesus is not their Messiah, by attributing Jesus's miracles to the devil.

Now after reading what i just told you, go and read Matt 12:22-32 where Jesus is warning the Pharisees who are standing there not to blasphemy the Holy Spirit.
You'll see it, if you've not seen it before.

And the other part of this, so that you have crystal clarity and are never again bugged by this verse, is to remember what the only sin is you can commit that will keep you unforgiven.
Remember?
Its to reject Christ, and by doing that you have rejected pardon.
Now, go back and apply this realization to the Pharisees minds and hearts regarding Matthew 12:22-32.
Apply it like this......."Pharisee, if your heart rejects Christ, then THIS IS WHY you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and because your heart is like that, you cant be forgiven.... as you are a CHRIST REJECTOR"...

see it?

be blessed,

K

Last edited by a moderator:
As FrMattCH says....

If you reject Christ, then how can you be forgiven your sins?
Nothing else can pay for them or forgive them.
To reject Christ is to reject eternal pardon.
If you do this, then you have rejected the only way (John 14:6) to be forgiven, thus this is the one and only sin you can commit whereby you cant receive forgiveness, as you have rejected the only means available to be forgiven.
So, the one sin you can commit that will keep you unforgiven and unsaved and lost, is to reject forgiveness which is to reject Jesus Christ and remain a Christ rejector until you die....
See it?
So this is the sin of dying unpardoned and is the one and only sin you can commit that cant be covered by Jesus's sacrifice, as you have rejected Jesus's sacrifice..

And regarding blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
This is one of those verses that Christians needlessly fear, as they think it ither means to say the term God D_ _ _, or they think it means to somehow anger or offend the HS, perhaps by... "living in sin after you are saved"..
Well, let me tell you what it actually is..

1st, you as a Christian cant commit this sin.
And the reason is, you are not a 1st Century Pharisee who is attributing the healing power of Christ to the devil.
So, if you want to commit it, here is how you do it.
Get in a time machine.
Go back 2000+ years to the time of Christ.
Become a Christ rejecting Pharisee.
Then,..
Find Jesus healing someone, and then say to the crowd standing by who are astonished that Jesus just miraculously healed someone, that He was able to do this by... "the power of Satan".
So, what you have done, is you have tried to keep the people who would believe on Christ from believing on him by attributing his work to the Devil.
In other words you are a Pharisee watching Jesus , who is so full of envy that you are trying to discredit the work of the Holy Spirit as Christ is doing it, by saying these miracles are the "work of Satan's power".
The idea being,... to keep the Jew who were watching from accepting Christ as their Messiah.
So, to BLSPHMY the HS, is to become a 1st Century Pharisee who is literally trying to created a VERBAL ROADBLOCK of DOUBT and UNBELIEF between Jesus and anyone who would come to him after watching him do a miracle .
Literally, it means to be a Pharisee who is trying to convince the Jews that Jesus is not their Messiah, by attributing Jesus's miracles to the devil.

Now after reading what i just told you, go and read Matt 12:22-32 where Jesus is warning the Pharisees who are standing there not to blasphemy the Holy Spirit.
You'll see it, if you've not seen it before.

And the other part of this, so that you have crystal clarity and are never again bugged by this verse, is to remember what the only sin is you can commit that will keep you unforgiven.
Remember?
Its to reject Christ, and by doing that you have rejected pardon.
Now, go back and apply this realization to the Pharisees minds and hearts.
Apply it like this......."Pharisee, if your heart rejects Christ, then THIS IS WHY you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and because your heart is like that, you cant be forgiven.... as you are a CHRIST REJECTOR"...

see it?

be blessed,

K

You'd be incorrect in your assessment since to blaspheme the Holy Spirit appears not just in the Gospels and Christ's own teaching but appears in other verses after His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit means to attribute an action performed by through the Holy Spirit by God to satan. You are calling God the same as satan, so that is what makes it a blasphemy. I will take the opportunity to remind you that context of the scripture is key to understanding what it is talking about.

Even rejecting Christ at one point in your life then becoming saved at a later point is forgiven if you repent, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit can never be forgiven.

M't:6:14: For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
M't:6:15: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit means to attribute an action performed by through the Holy Spirit by God to satan. You are calling God the same as satan, so that is what makes it a blasphemy. I will take the opportunity to remind you that context of the scripture is key to understanding what it is talking about.

and i will take the time to remind you that you just said, almost exactly what i wrote.
Thanx.

Even rejecting Christ at one point in your life then becoming saved at a later point is forgiven if you repent, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit can never be forgiven.

You are correct.
If you are a Pharisee, and you are trying to persuade Jews that Christ is doing miracles by the power of Satan, so that they wont receive him as their Messiah, then yep, you have dont it.

However, you cant do this after you are saved, simply because the blood of Jesus, cleanses all sin, and forgives all sins in the future.
The pardon provided by Christ is pro-active, in that it is always keeping you saved, even when you are backslid, obedient, or inbetween.
See, the righteousness of God is the Gift.
And this righteousness, once applied cannot be "sinned away", by word, thought our deed.
So, you cant sin your salvation away, as your salvation is not based on what you do, but rather its based on what Christ did for you.
So, anything and everything you do after you are saved, has nothing to do with keeping yourself saved, as keeping yourself saved, is impossible.
Only Christ can keep you saved.
All you can do is believe it., and that is the Faith that saves, as we are saved by Grace and not by works of the law.

And once again, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, cannot be performed by a Christian., in this world, or in the world to come.
The very worst sinner who dies, is a saved Saint., and this is because God created Salvation to not be based on what we do, or dont do, but rather what Christ has done for us.

Actually, that's not what you've said and you know it. I corrected your incorrect statements like in order to blaspheme the Holy Spirit you have to travel back in time.

Here is what i wrote.........

""Find Jesus healing someone, and then say to the crowd standing by who are astonished that Jesus just miraculously healed someone, that He was able to do this by... "the power of Satan".
In other words you are a Pharisee watching Jesus , who is so full of envy that you are trying to discredit the work of the Holy Spirit as Christ is doing it, by saying these miracles are the "work of Satan's power".""

Here is what you wrote..... after you read what i wrote.

""To blaspheme the Holy Spirit means to attribute an action performed by through the Holy Spirit by God to satan. You are calling God the same as satan, so that is what makes it a blasphemy. ""

So, im glad i was able to help.

Have a nice day.

K

Back