Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Are You Paying Attention?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
A lot of days, I find myself considering what all that God has done for me of a supernatural nature. I've posted quite a few testimonies on this forum, and God continues to do things for me. I haven't really posted any new ones for awhile but There is usually not a day goes by without something from the Lord Praise the Lord!! The reason I don't share them all is because many of them are small things. Thoughtful things, but no parting of the Red Sea or healings or other notable things so it would probably sound like I'm losing my mind for me to post some of them, lol. But still He confirms it inside of me and I perceive it. Like for instance the night I woke up in the middle of the night and wandered down to the kitchen for a drink, I happened to look out the window and saw my tomato plants in the backyard. (Last summer). And I had the urge to speak to the tomato plants and bless them and said for them to grow strong and healthy and bear much fruit...(that's not too crazy, admit it, you've talked to plants before too!)...So anyway while I am speaking to the tomato plants, they began to sway as if the wind was blowing. But then I noticed that the other plants in the yard were not moving. Only the tomato plants. So I realized that, this was of a supernatural nature. It was either God Him self giving me a small thrill, or the actual plant itself responding to my words. And why not? We know the supernatural is real. Even Jesus spoke to a fig tree, and it obeyed!

So it dawned on me that, these tomato plants were dancing. I thought (and think) that, that is so cool! Then my carnal mind kicked in and said boy your nuts, the wind is blowing the plants. But the Lord had already done bigger things than this for me so this is real too. I believed it. So I naturally walk outside to see for sure one way or the other if the wind is blowing or not. And I continued speaking to the plants and they continued to dance as I walked up to them and the atmosphere was totally calm. There was no wind at all. I bet I stood out there for a full 5 minutes talking to my tomato plants and watching them respond in dance. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

But my point is that when I think back and reflect upon the miracles and supernatural stuff that the Lord did, (or when I do share testimonies with locals), that mulling it over what happened, I get new insights out of aging/older testimonies, and it even may cause me to tweak the retelling of the event because of the new insight. I surmise that I must be getting a little better or tuned in to the supernatural or something?

That's why the Lord told us to look to the unseen and believe it as a child would. (which is total trust, without the demand of, I want to understand this). Also why we should meditate on His Word when we read it. Don't just read it and go on. Read it and meditate on it. This grows perception. So when (small things) happen, I'm becoming able to perceive it. And when I'm right, I can feel it in my heart. He confirms everything if you are looking in the first place. I bet God does this everyday for everyone. It's just, are you paying attention/ Are you looking to the unseen? Is that you, Lord? Many times, the answer is yes.

Pay attention.

A lot of days, I find myself considering what all that God has done for me of a supernatural nature. I've posted quite a few testimonies on this forum, and God continues to do things for me. I haven't really posted any new ones for awhile but There is usually not a day goes by without something from the Lord Praise the Lord!! The reason I don't share them all is because many of them are small things. Thoughtful things, but no parting of the Red Sea or healings or other notable things so it would probably sound like I'm losing my mind for me to post some of them, lol. But still He confirms it inside of me and I perceive it. Like for instance the night I woke up in the middle of the night and wandered down to the kitchen for a drink, I happened to look out the window and saw my tomato plants in the backyard. (Last summer). And I had the urge to speak to the tomato plants and bless them and said for them to grow strong and healthy and bear much fruit...(that's not too crazy, admit it, you've talked to plants before too!)...So anyway while I am speaking to the tomato plants, they began to sway as if the wind was blowing. But then I noticed that the other plants in the yard were not moving. Only the tomato plants. So I realized that, this was of a supernatural nature. It was either God Him self giving me a small thrill, or the actual plant itself responding to my words. And why not? We know the supernatural is real. Even Jesus spoke to a fig tree, and it obeyed!

So it dawned on me that, these tomato plants were dancing. I thought (and think) that, that is so cool! Then my carnal mind kicked in and said boy your nuts, the wind is blowing the plants. But the Lord had already done bigger things than this for me so this is real too. I believed it. So I naturally walk outside to see for sure one way or the other if the wind is blowing or not. And I continued speaking to the plants and they continued to dance as I walked up to them and the atmosphere was totally calm. There was no wind at all. I bet I stood out there for a full 5 minutes talking to my tomato plants and watching them respond in dance. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

But my point is that when I think back and reflect upon the miracles and supernatural stuff that the Lord did, (or when I do share testimonies with locals), that mulling it over what happened, I get new insights out of aging/older testimonies, and it even may cause me to tweak the retelling of the event because of the new insight. I surmise that I must be getting a little better or tuned in to the supernatural or something?

That's why the Lord told us to look to the unseen and believe it as a child would. (which is total trust, without the demand of, I want to understand this). Also why we should meditate on His Word when we read it. Don't just read it and go on. Read it and meditate on it. This grows perception. So when (small things) happen, I'm becoming able to perceive it. And when I'm right, I can feel it in my heart. He confirms everything if you are looking in the first place. I bet God does this everyday for everyone. It's just, are you paying attention/ Are you looking to the unseen? Is that you, Lord? Many times, the answer is yes.

Pay attention.
all of your testimonies make us see how real God is

God bless you

keep sharing

God bless you

Pay attention.
You are right. I have a generator which I do speak to. There come a time the generator worked for over two years without having issues. Afterwards someone was helping to operate it and it was having consistent issues. I was wondering in my heart what could have happened or changed that made the gen to have such issues then the word came that don't I know that during the time I was operating it, the gen was following my command not to have issues that was why it was working perfectly without any servicing for years but since when someone else who does not have same affinity was operating the gen went back to normal. Then I decide to operate it myself, it does well ever since but once someone else got to operate it it shows symptoms of it's real self. Your post is true.

Psalm 18:25 -26
With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back