Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Asking for prayer...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

We just found out that our daughter was listed on an apparent "hit" list by a boy at her high school. Even though Viola no longer attends the high school and the boy has been expelled, I'm still concerned because he has visited us at the in-law's house in town on several occasions so he know where to find us when we're in town. (Which we won't be for a while, not until we find out more about what's going on!)

I know this boy well enough to know that he is a disturbed kid and has pictures of himself posed with guns and various weapons. Viola befriended him when he first started coming to the school (back when she was still attending) but let the friendship go when it was clear he told many lies and was not always connected with reality.

We'll be in contact with the school and the school's resident police officer on Monday morning to assess just how dangerous a situation this may be, but meantime I do ask prayer for the safety of my daughter, her friends who are also on the list as well as the school kids in general and also for the boy himself. At first I liked this boy, then I began to feel sorry for him when it became clear that his excessive lying and bragging about things was making it hard for him to remain friends with people...but now I'm just worried for him.

You're all in my prayers, Dora. I know only too well the initial panic that struck when you learned of your daughter's inclusion on a 'hit' list. Any whisper/hint/blatant threat of harm to one of our children brings the 'Mama/Papa Bear' out in us. The most challenging aspect of this: nothing can really be done until the boy (in this case) does something illegal. In the meanwhile, you all have to be so extra careful; your lives are impacted while this boy (young man?) can go about his usual routine without undue concern.

You're in my prayers.

Blessings,
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
God has deployed your daughters Angel around her for full protection. No weapons formed against her will prosper. This is my prayer for you and your family.

Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have call thee by thy name, thou art Mine. Though thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee'
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee, and through the fire, thou not be burned; Neither shall the flame kindle upon thee, for I
am the Lord Your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1(b)-3

"

I was able to speak with the school's detective and he assured me that, so far, this whole thing is an unsubstantiated rumor. The boy was expelled, but not because of a hit list. He is still investigating the situation though and the school seems to be acting pretty diligently to make sure that there is nothing to this. He said he'd be in touch as soon as he tracks down the rumor to it's source and verify that it is unsubstantiated and there is no threat.

Thanks for the prayers... this was disconcerting to say the least.

Back