Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Aslan and Jesus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

I was brought up with a mother in the Marine Corp and a dad in the Navy and born in Jacksonville, North Carolina near the Camp LaJeune Marine Corp Base. As a result of all the travel I did a lot of reading. One of my books that exists within my memory was the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" of the CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia series in which I would later learn, "Lewis revealed that he wrote Aslan as a portrait, although not an allegorical portrait, of Christ." On the reading of the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" I found myself weeping along with the story.

My dad bought me a Yamaha 60 motorcycle around the age of 9. One day on traveling up what I called "the big hill" I turn around and almost run into a church bus. The door opens and a man by the name of Rod Moxely told me I needed to be in church. The story of Christ immediately made sense and I got saved at a very early age. Though there is no salvation in the name of Aslan the story did a good job of prepping my heart to receive the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Yes, many a read/reread of TLTWATW has brought tears to my eyes too, at the Stone Table.

I like the Narnia series and Aslan and its biblical parallels too, but since I saw that the name Aslan is similar to Atlan(tis) and Aryan and Allah I don't like to use the name as much anymore. (Narnia was also named from a place near Rome.)

Back