Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Authenticity of the Bible (David Hockings)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

justvisiting

Here's a site that has a 13 part series on the authenticity of the Bible. They can be downloaded as mp3's. David Hockings is a Messianic Jew (Christian) that is a scholar in Hebrew and Greek. He is a firm believer in the full inspiration of scripture. The main site is Radiofreechurch.
http://www.radiofreechurch.com/message_ ... sort=alpha
If you download realplayer it will play back the mp3 format. Maybe Windows media player does also. I just prefer "realplayer" because it comes with an equalizer.
Hope it inspires you.

Recording #7 is especially important. It shows that the wool has been pulled over our eyes with 1 John 5:7 should be Father, Son and Holy Spirit and 1 Tim. 3:16 should be God manifest in the flesh.
8000 of the earliest manuscripts had this... and only 17 didn't. The New American Standard, NIV both translate this differently. By the way these secret translators (today) include 3 Catholics. There's stuff going on here... trying to take away from the Trinity and the Deity of Christ.
He also explains WHY the KJV is still the best.

Thought I'd mention I have listened to some of these, and they are quite excellent. I do wish that I had the actual course. Can't afford it right now though.

How can the apparent contradictions in the holy book be rationalized.?

Szolat, the apparent contradictions have been explained for centuries. Many of them are the result of translating Hebrew and Greek thought into English thought. Others are the result of misunderstanding.

When I was newly saved out of the Catholic Church, I showed my pastor a "mistake" in the Bible. It had Mary referring to "God my Savior." I explained that since Mary had never sinned, she couldn't have had a Savior. He showed me from Scripture that all have sinned, including Mary. The "mistake" I had found was based on a misunderstanding of Scripture, not the Scripture itself.

I totalled all the time up on the mp3's for this Bible college course at Calvary Chapel. It is almost 20 hrs, so it is comprehensive. He's an excellent Theologian and always brings in interesting facts because he is both a Hebrew and Greek scholar, as well as being knowledgeable in ancient Bible history and the surrounding cultures. He is a believer in being able to give an answer to every man that asks for the reason of the hope that lies in you...so he keeps pretty up to date on current changes in bad theologies etc. He also has been ministering for over 50 years...so I would think he's no novice.
After all that...he's not a perfect example as any of us...but his teaching is excellent.

I have place two posts on authenticity of the Bible. This one is mp3's...and also Josh McDowell (youtube videos).

can u explain the ressurection discrepanices?

Vince said:
Szolat, the apparent contradictions have been explained for centuries. Many of them are the result of translating Hebrew and Greek thought into English thought. Others are the result of misunderstanding.

When I was newly saved out of the Catholic Church, I showed my pastor a "mistake" in the Bible. It had Mary referring to "God my Savior." I explained that since Mary had never sinned, she couldn't have had a Savior. He showed me from Scripture that all have sinned, including Mary. The "mistake" I had found was based on a misunderstanding of Scripture, not the Scripture itself.

matthew, mark, luke and john are all different from each other.
I have read these several times over and someone got it wrong.

westtexas said:
sforces said:
can u explain the ressurection discrepanices?
Which scriptures do you feel do not agree with each other?
Westtexas

sforces said:
sforces, I'm pretty hardheaded or maybe it's because I believe that scripture will back itself up with other scripture, but I see no discrepancies. Can you give chapter and verse of scripture that you feel is different please? For instance, John chapter XX verse XX is different than Mark chapter XX verse XX. There are some pretty intelligent people on this forum and I'm sure someone can give you an explanation that will make sense.
Westtexas

the resurrection account gives different accounts for what happened. i have heard many explanations as to why they are different and some that its not different. or i am choosing to see it different and questioning it is blasphemic.

my favorite one is: if they were all the same it would look like it was scripted and would be suspicous in a court of law. i couldnt figure where that came from until i read lee strobel which is where this quote came from. in a court of law i would agree to that statement, the problem being there needs to be consistency. as an investigator when i read these accounts i had to stop and go back and started comparing the accounts seeing there are discrepancies. pretty big ones. i wasnt looking for it, i just read it.

westtexas said:
sforces said:
sforces, I'm pretty hardheaded or maybe it's because I believe that scripture will back itself up with other scripture, but I see no discrepancies. Can you give chapter and verse of scripture that you feel is different please? For instance, John chapter XX verse XX is different than Mark chapter XX verse XX. There are some pretty intelligent people on this forum and I'm sure someone can give you an explanation that will make sense.
Westtexas

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back