Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Avoiding Condemnation during the Tribulations

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
With so much speculation concerning the mark of the beast, the book of Revelation warns of a few serious condemnations that appear more subtil and, if we aren't careful, will result in condemnation.

1) Do not wonder after the beast.

(rev17:8) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

We can thus determine if we fret and wonder after the beast, this behavior will lead us into condemnation. Yet, the angel speaking to John, full of wisdom and prophecy for the purpose of edification, describes the beast as "was, is not, and yet is." Thus, the minute we observe this beast, we should cut off our minds from pondering, instead favoring the scriptures, else we should fall into condemnation.

(rev13:4) And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

If we should ever feel so oppressed, that we dare not fight the oppressor, or if we hear that sentiment from others, we should be watchful, as this sentiment itself is as dangerous as the mark. We shall not say, "who can fight against the beast", rather we take strength in the faith of Jesus Christ. How then should we defend ourselves? How then should we fight?

Faith, testimony, patience...

(rev12:11) And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

(rev14:12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

These are the attributes of the saints God loves, and we are commanded to testify the truth of the scriptures.

2) No worship, No mark.

(rev13:14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

(rev13:15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

If you do not worship the beast, you will not take the mark. With such speculation, I fear the world will wonder after the beast and eventually take the mark (as describes the scriptures.) Thus, if you hear of doctrines other than those of Jesus Christ, do not listen. If you observe the beast rising, cut off your mind from pondering it.

God bless you in the holy name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Think about it. Or do you have no imagination?
Personal attack. Not good.
Some people are very limited in their ability to think through situations due to a lack of imagination. What if Revelation happened as a post-trib person says it would? Think about it and put yourself into the situation. Then you will have an idea.
I believed that for some decades and NO ONE ever suggest what one is to do to prepare or what "watching" means and when you observed christians, no one demonstrated literally watching for anything.
Your question was about dying of Covid. I was ready to die. How... of Covid.

Just observing what I see. Not meant as an attack... just an observation.
It was an attack nevertheless and you could not have observed any motivation.
You quite literally did say that.

I try to only attack the ideas.
No vicious attacks here.
When you attack character or intelligence is a personal attack. I am used to it from christians who cannot answer questions regarding their position.
You said it is every Christians duty to be prepared... then ask how I am preparing.
Which one is it?
OK, good. Being prepared all the time for anything is what we do, not for the great tribulation in particular.
Where did I say I don't trust people... even those who might betray me?
If you are obeying the Lord... what does the Lord say to do in Revelation?
If you don't think the Beast or Tribulation is coming then why are you talking to me? Don't worry about it.
I am talking to you because I wanted to know what you think. That is all. I find it interesting to learn how others think. It is actually quite fascinating.
Where did I change a goalpost? You said you faced starvation and I said wow.
The other questions and "do that" answers are how to prepare.
You know... answering the question you have been asking.
Read post 12. You never mentioned starving in one of your questions. That was not the question to which I responded "been there done that."

But you have given me your answer that you trust. Let us move on. Thank you for answering.

I am not at all insincere. You could compare your preparations for the end times to christians who do not believe they are coming.
Well the superficiality of your questions suggest you are. And your second sentence is not understandable to me. Coming where?
Because there ought to be a difference. I can tell you MANY differences between the choices believers make at work as compared to atheists. The differences are sometimes night and day.
Again I am not seeing that you are thinking about the questions you are asking.
Why should an atheist prepare for the return of Christ?
Trusting is not something difference you DO. The atheist, by the way, is not worried about soon end times. From the outside he is trusting that they are not going to happen. You are trusting you will be OK. From the outside, there is no difference.
Trusting in God is the same for a Christian and an atheist?
I think atheists would disagree with you.
Impending death in 3 months that is certain makes EVERYONE behave differently than the man who is not in that position, atheists and believers alike. This is not a good example.
This is an exact parallel. If Jesus were to say the end will be in 6 months(He didn't... but if He did) the atheist and the Christian would behave differently.
I did not compare an atheist and a Christian getting the same news... I compared a person that has a define timeline and one who does not.
No, I said there is no answer to what those who believe the endgames are soon do differently and those who do not.
Maybe reread what you posted. You said "there is no answer"..."the answer to preparing for persecution is...".
Why are you trying to gaslight me? And that is exactly what you are doing... or are you just not paying attention to your own posts?
But I wanted to know what you do differently. Ok, you trust and for you, that is different than those who do not so believe. OK, we can move on.
No... I do not just "trust". I trust in the Lord and what He has written. And those who do not believe do not.
Do you honestly not understand the difference or are you just trolling?

Well the superficiality of your questions suggest you are. And your second sentence is not understandable to me. Coming where?
It was not superficial. How do you see the question "how do you prepare" or "how do you watch" as superficial? If I asked you how you prepare for a camping trip, you would not see that as superficial? Why is preparing for something superficial?
Again I am not seeing that you are thinking about the questions you are asking.
You are wrong. I thought about it. Shows me you trust too much in your reading between the lines.
Why should an atheist prepare for the return of Christ?

Trusting in God is the same for a Christian and an atheist?
I think atheists would disagree with you.
You are looking at this superficially. Not doing anything is the same. If we look at an atheist preparing for a camping trip and a christian, the difference would likely be one of personal taste, not faith.
This is an exact parallel. If Jesus were to say the end will be in 6 months(He didn't... but if He did) the atheist and the Christian would behave differently.
That is true but he did not. So that is not something we can use. Dying of a deadly disease is also not the same.
I did not compare an atheist and a Christian getting the same news... I compared a person that has a define timeline and one who does not.
But the end times are near crowd did not get the certain news that this is in 6 months.
Maybe reread what you posted. You said "there is no answer"..."the answer to preparing for persecution is...".
Why are you trying to gaslight me? And that is exactly what you are doing... or are you just not paying attention to your own posts?
You changed your questions and applied answers I did not give to those questions. Reread what you post. I told you to read post 12 where the questions were posed and answered.
No... I do not just "trust". I trust in the Lord and what He has written. And those who do not believe do not.
Do you honestly not understand the difference or are you just trolling?
That is nitpicking. Of course you trust in the Lord. The verb of what you DO is trust.

Let us move on because your personal attacks are getting dirtier. As I said, this is very common for Christians and others who cannot answer a question. They attack the other. I am not trying to get a rise out of you. I am moving on now. You can have the last post.

It was not superficial. How do you see the question "how do you prepare" or "how do you watch" as superficial? If I asked you how you prepare for a camping trip, you would not see that as superficial? Why is preparing for something superficial?
How is it superficial?
Well... prepare for what? You ask nothing specific... just a general question. How do you cook? How do you math?
Preparing for a camping trip would be much less superficial... but what part of the camping trip... food, shelter, weather, wild animals, terrain, length of stay, number of campers, tent or RV or survival camping...
See the question is much deeper than you are going.
Try for a deep question.
You are wrong. I thought about it. Shows me you trust too much in your reading between the lines.
I can not be wrong... I said it is how I see it. That is my personal belief. Now the belief may be incorrect, but how I see it is a personal subjective thing and not subject to your feelings.
You are looking at this superficially. Not doing anything is the same. If we look at an atheist preparing for a camping trip and a christian, the difference would likely be one of personal taste, not faith.
If the atheist does not believe there is such a thing as camping... there is a world of difference.
You are assuming that both parties believe the event is the same.
The Great Tribulation is a very different event than tough economic times/global warming/civil unrest.
That is true but he did not. So that is not something we can use. Dying of a deadly disease is also not the same.
Not the same... parallel. We use parallels all the time.
But the end times are near crowd did not get the certain news that this is in 6 months.
Correct... and I said as much.
You changed your questions and applied answers I did not give to those questions. Reread what you post. I told you to read post 12 where the questions were posed and answered.
I think you are misreading... but maybe not... I still stand by my statements.
That is nitpicking. Of course you trust in the Lord. The verb of what you DO is trust.
Well then I am a nitpicker. But sometimes that is what is needed.
Let us move on because your personal attacks are getting dirtier. As I said, this is very common for Christians and others who cannot answer a question. They attack the other. I am not trying to get a rise out of you. I am moving on now. You can have the last post.
What attacks?
Just because you take something as an attack does not make it so.
So maybe ask a question that I said I would answer.
I gave you the ground rules of asking a specific question... I will answer with as much honest detail as I can.
Just ask me a single question... make it real... if you look back you will see that I tried to answer every question you asked.
Please don't give up... Just ask me a question that is specific and not so vague as to be useless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back