Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Belief in Rapture or Tribulation?

I agree the man of lawlessness comes before Christ's second coming. But I don't agree with 'taken' referred in Matt 24:40-41 is referring to Satan 'taking' but rapture post trib.

In the verses immediately preceding the passage, "One will be taken and the other left," Jesus draws an analogy to the days of Noah (Matt. 24:38 - 39). In the example, the ones who are removed from the earth are the men and women who were destroyed in the Flood - "and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away." The ones who are left are Noah and his family.

Immediately following Matt. 24:40 - 41, Jesus draws another analogy, this time to a householder whose house is invaded by a thief. Again, the illustration depends on the assumption that having one's belongings "taken" is a bad thing. Thus, having one's house "left" is a good thing (Matt. 24:43).

The word for "taken" in the original Greek of Matt. 24:40 - 4 1 and Luke 17:34 - 35 can also be used to mean "seized" or "taken prisoner.' For instance, Jesus is "taken" by the soldiers prior to His crucifixion (Matt. 27:27). Moreover, the word for "left" is often used in the Bible to mean "to pardon" or "to forgive." The same verb is used in the Lord's Prayer: "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" (Matt. 6:12; Luke 11:4).

Given the immediate context and the different meanings possible for the words "taken" and "left," a strong case could be made that when Jesus refers to the "one taken" he speaks of those who will be judged at the Second Corning. Those who are "left," then, are those who are forgiven and receive eternal life.

There is no rapture,period....Pre,Mid or Post....We simply gather to Christ......

Let me answer it for you.....We shall be with Christ here on earth!!!

Well that's the 1000 yr reign with Christ you are referring... .

In the verses immediately preceding the passage, "One will be taken and the other left," Jesus draws an analogy to the days of Noah (Matt. 24:38 - 39). In the example, the ones who are removed from the earth are the men and women who were destroyed in the Flood - "and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away." The ones who are left are Noah and his family.

Immediately following Matt. 24:40 - 41, Jesus draws another analogy, this time to a householder whose house is invaded by a thief. Again, the illustration depends on the assumption that having one's belongings "taken" is a bad thing. Thus, having one's house "left" is a good thing (Matt. 24:43).

The word for "taken" in the original Greek of Matt. 24:40 - 4 1 and Luke 17:34 - 35 can also be used to mean "seized" or "taken prisoner.' For instance, Jesus is "taken" by the soldiers prior to His crucifixion (Matt. 27:27). Moreover, the word for "left" is often used in the Bible to mean "to pardon" or "to forgive." The same verb is used in the Lord's Prayer: "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" (Matt. 6:12; Luke 11:4).

Given the immediate context and the different meanings possible for the words "taken" and "left," a strong case could be made that when Jesus refers to the "one taken" he speaks of those who will be judged at the Second Corning. Those who are "left," then, are those who are forgiven and receive eternal life.

There is no rapture,period....Pre,Mid or Post....We simply gather to Christ......

'Left' doesn't always mean pardon or forgive and I don't think it's a good idea to take that assumption:
  • Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
  • Rev 2:4 "Nevertheless I have [this] against you, that you have left your first love.

Well that's the 1000 yr reign with Christ you are referring... .

'Left' doesn't always mean pardon or forgive and I don't think it's a good idea to take that assumption:
  • Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
  • Rev 2:4 "Nevertheless I have [this] against you, that you have left your first love.

Yes it is the 1000 year reign and that's where we shall be,it happens at the 7th trump.....

I know left dosn't always mean pardon,however in this case it does......

John 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm thinking, a Pre-Tribulation Rapture would probably offer the best wake-up call, because it will be new, sudden, and noticable. I think if you where to warn the world that time is real short, you'd want the start to be real notiticable.

Back